Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th May 2020, 13.30:40   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default WST Weekly Update 15/05/20

STATEMENT | COVID-19 update and weekly WST communication – 15/05/2020
WST Board15th May 2020

Please find the latest communication from the WST board below, regarding the current situation at the Football Club. You can find our previous updates here.

Furlough Update

We have received our first repayment from the Government’s Job Retention Scheme. The club has received a payment of £141,232.32 to cover wages that were paid in April and part of March. This covers wages for full-time employees, part-time staff, matchday staff and part-time Youth Department coaches.

Club directors have already started work on the claim for May ready to be submitted later this month. The Job Retention Scheme was extended by the Government on Tuesday and we await further details about this.
Grant Funding

Hats off to Dean Keates who has uncovered a useful funding stream for us. Pitch Preparation Funding Grants are available from the Football Foundation and we have managed to secure £1,500 to repair the damage to the Racecourse turf caused by the long lay-off.

This is especially welcome as the cost of re-seeding alone will be around £1200.

National League Consultation of the Member Clubs

Following on from the decision to cancel any remaining fixtures in the 2019/20 season, member clubs of the National League were recently asked to give direction (not vote) as to whether the League should extend the date to be able to conclude the play-offs for the National League season.

On behalf of Wrexham AFC, our guidance to the League was that they should continue to hold the play-offs if these can be completed before the start of the next regular season and not delay its start.

It was our assessment that it was only fair to those clubs involved in the play-offs that they should be given the opportunity, if it wasn’t to impact on next season and impact WAFC and other clubs.

The National League vote was:

– Cancel Play-Offs – 12
– Postpone Play-Offs to a later date – 9
– No vote – 3

The National League Board Of Directors have decided to pursue the option of postponing the play-offs and are seeking an extension from the relevant football authorities at this point in time.

DLO update – Kerry Evans keeping busy

This past week we checked in with DLO Kerry Evans to get an update on her work during the lockdown period. This is what she told us:

“I am on the list of people advised by Welsh Government to fully shield for 12 weeks during this lockdown period. I’ve been using my time as productively as possible continuing to support our disabled fans on behalf of Wrexham AFC.

“I have got to know many of our disabled fans over the 2.5 year period of my job at the club, and have been continuing the work of the club by contacting the ones I have the details for every few weeks for a chat and to check in on how they are and try to lift their spirits.

“The response has been quite overwhelming with everyone I have contacted being so happy to hear from us at Wrexham AFC. I even received text messages after my call to again thank me for contacting them and saying how much the call was appreciated.

Everyone I speak to is missing their football fix and is eager for these times to end so we can all get back to the Racecourse Ground once again. I have to say it’s been an absolute pleasure to have met so many lovely people through my role at the club.

“I will continue to contact fans on behalf of Wrexham AFC through this difficult period but hope to see everyone back at the Racecourse ground in better times very soon.”

Constitutional Reform

The WST is currently engaged in an exercise to improve its operations and those of the Football Club. A working party consisting of board members and lay members has been set up to examine our constitution and policies with a view to increasing transparency and accountability in the organisation. It is expected that a raft of changes will be brought forward for members approval in the coming months.

As part of this process we are opening out the discussion for members feedback prior to finalising the proposals. Group members are Paul Cox, Phil Davies, Lindsay Jones and Gavin Jones. All feedback to – secretary@wst.org.uk

Disciplinary Policy

The first policy that was tackled was the Disciplinary Policy. This policy applies to all members and the existing policy can be found here.

The proposed changes to the policy make it clearer and fairer with an independent party managing the process. This would ensure that an “over-mighty” board could not abuse the policy as a tool to attack members. Members would be guaranteed a fair hearing and justice would be served.

One potential downside is that it could cost the Society financially as we would be footing the costs. For this reason, we have built in an annual review. If it looks like it is costing too much, we can find another solution. This would be a decision of the membership.

We are also stressing that any complaint must be evidence-based so that we prevent frivolous and vexatious complaints. Members might also note that the existing policy has never been used in the history of the WST. A testimony to the good humour and exemplary behaviour of our membership.

You will also note that there is no automatic right to appeal. The reason for this is that the complaint is already being handled by an independent party, so an appeal to a further independent party may be seen as duplication.

It may be an idea to allow appeals based on new evidence being brought forward. The draft policy is printed below.

WREXHAM SUPPORTERS SOCIETY LIMITED DISCIPLINARY AND GRIEVANCE POLICY (DISCUSSION)

1.0 Introduction

This document is drafted in accordance with the existing rules of Wrexham Supporters Society Limited and sets out the Disciplinary Policy adopted pursuant to a resolution of the Society at a General Meeting held on ……………….

The purpose of this policy is to ensure that:

1.1 Members agree to be bound by the rules of the Society which require that the conduct of members is not prejudicial to the Objects of the Society.

2.0 Definitions

2.1 “Member(s)” means a member(s) of the Society.
2.2 “Society Board Member(s)” means an elected Member(s) of the Society.
2.3 “Co-opted Member(s)” means a person(s) who is/are a Member(s) and has/have been elected to the Society Board by Society Board Directors but not elected by the Members.
2.4 “Board Membership and Conduct Policy” means a detailed set of rules and regulations of the Society set out in a separate policy statement which includes the procedure which should be followed in all cases relating to Society Board Members only.
2.5 “Disciplinary Offence” means a member has committed an Indictable Offence (as defined below at 2.6) or such act or deed which would adversely affect the reputation of the Society in accordance with 4.1 below
2.6 “Indictable Offence” means a criminal offence (other than a spent conviction as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) for dishonesty, fraud or dealing in drugs.
2.7 “Disciplinary Policy” means the terms and conditions laid out in this document.
2.8 “Rules” means the rules and regulations of the Society laid out in the separate Rules document
2.9 “Secretary” means the Independent Secretary of the Society.
2.10 “Chair” means the elected chair of the Society Board.
2.11 “Society” means Wrexham Supporters’ Society Limited (also known as Wrexham Supporters Trust).
2.12 “Society Board” means the Board of the Society including any Co-opted Members.

3.0 Society Board Members

3.1 Society Board Members who may be the subject of a complaint must declare an interest and recuse themselves from all proceedings relating to the complaint.

4.0 Procedure

4.1 Where a complaint is raised against a member of the Society or a member of the Society Board the Independent Secretary will open a complaint file, inform all parties that a complaint or grievance has been lodged and a file opened.

4.2 The Secretary will examine the detail of the complaint and, if appropriate, attempt to resolve the complaint in accordance with the rules of the Society.

4.3 Where a resolution is not possible the Independent Secretary shall pass the evidence based complaint on to an Independent party agreeable to both parties or appointed by the Football Supporters Association .

4.4 At any subsequent Disciplinary hearings the subject of the complaint shall have the right to a companion who will be able to attend any meetings with the member subject to the complaint.

4.5 All incidental costs arising from the complaint shall be met by the Society.

4.6 The independent party shall investigate all evidence that relates to the complaint. Their decision will be communicated in writing to all parties. Their decision shall be binding on all parties and there will be no appeal.

4.7 All proceedings shall be treated as confidential.

4.8 Proposed sanctions will be applied by the WST Board following the hearing.

4.9 This policy to be reviewed and renewed every year at the Society AGM
Old 15th May 2020, 13.32:18   #2-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST Weekly Update 15/05/20

That vote thing makes absolutely no sense to me.
Old 15th May 2020, 13.53:07   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

The use of the term "evidence based complaint" makes the whole thing worthless by their own standards.

They found there was no reason to investigate John Mills and so they didn't despite many allegations.

Also thanks for the £1500 grant Keates, you're still costing the club far more by remaining in your position due to boycotts. If you really want to help the club then resign.
Old 15th May 2020, 13.55:27   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

"we have managed to secure £1,500 to repair the damage to the Racecourse turf caused by the long lay-off."

Eh??? How??
Old 15th May 2020, 13.55:42   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

The only statement I want to read is The current board have left their positions
Old 15th May 2020, 13.57:45   #6-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
That vote thing makes absolutely no sense to me.
Yep, especially as they've yet to actually confirm whether there'll be promotion and relegation from the division? Or have I missed that?
Old 15th May 2020, 13.59:01   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Still no mention of potential income streams despite them saying so 2 or 3 weeks ago. What are the fundraising group doing?

Ideal opportunity to raise funds for the club with some monies going to a local charity as many other businesses are doing.
Old 15th May 2020, 14.00:02   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

You would think grass would be over the moon with warm weather and a bit of rain , and no footballers trashing it , but apparently it wears itself out . The groundsman has been working we hear .
Old 15th May 2020, 14.35:23   #9-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: SAINSBURY STAND

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
You would think grass would be over the moon with warm weather and a bit of rain , and no footballers trashing it , but apparently it wears itself out . The groundsman has been working we hear .
Maybe its feelings have been hurt because nobody has been to see it recently or perhaps it suffering from a lack of fertilizer(sh*t) being on it for a few months.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.10:28.