RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   WST Weekly Update 15/05/20 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115697-wst-weekly-update-15-05-20-a.html)

WrexhamO 15th May 2020 13.30:40

WST Weekly Update 15/05/20

STATEMENT | COVID-19 update and weekly WST communication – 15/05/2020
WST Board15th May 2020

Please find the latest communication from the WST board below, regarding the current situation at the Football Club. You can find our previous updates here.

Furlough Update

We have received our first repayment from the Government’s Job Retention Scheme. The club has received a payment of £141,232.32 to cover wages that were paid in April and part of March. This covers wages for full-time employees, part-time staff, matchday staff and part-time Youth Department coaches.

Club directors have already started work on the claim for May ready to be submitted later this month. The Job Retention Scheme was extended by the Government on Tuesday and we await further details about this.
Grant Funding

Hats off to Dean Keates who has uncovered a useful funding stream for us. Pitch Preparation Funding Grants are available from the Football Foundation and we have managed to secure £1,500 to repair the damage to the Racecourse turf caused by the long lay-off.

This is especially welcome as the cost of re-seeding alone will be around £1200.

National League Consultation of the Member Clubs

Following on from the decision to cancel any remaining fixtures in the 2019/20 season, member clubs of the National League were recently asked to give direction (not vote) as to whether the League should extend the date to be able to conclude the play-offs for the National League season.

On behalf of Wrexham AFC, our guidance to the League was that they should continue to hold the play-offs if these can be completed before the start of the next regular season and not delay its start.

It was our assessment that it was only fair to those clubs involved in the play-offs that they should be given the opportunity, if it wasn’t to impact on next season and impact WAFC and other clubs.

The National League vote was:

– Cancel Play-Offs – 12
– Postpone Play-Offs to a later date – 9
– No vote – 3

The National League Board Of Directors have decided to pursue the option of postponing the play-offs and are seeking an extension from the relevant football authorities at this point in time.

DLO update – Kerry Evans keeping busy

This past week we checked in with DLO Kerry Evans to get an update on her work during the lockdown period. This is what she told us:

“I am on the list of people advised by Welsh Government to fully shield for 12 weeks during this lockdown period. I’ve been using my time as productively as possible continuing to support our disabled fans on behalf of Wrexham AFC.

“I have got to know many of our disabled fans over the 2.5 year period of my job at the club, and have been continuing the work of the club by contacting the ones I have the details for every few weeks for a chat and to check in on how they are and try to lift their spirits.

“The response has been quite overwhelming with everyone I have contacted being so happy to hear from us at Wrexham AFC. I even received text messages after my call to again thank me for contacting them and saying how much the call was appreciated.

Everyone I speak to is missing their football fix and is eager for these times to end so we can all get back to the Racecourse Ground once again. I have to say it’s been an absolute pleasure to have met so many lovely people through my role at the club.

“I will continue to contact fans on behalf of Wrexham AFC through this difficult period but hope to see everyone back at the Racecourse ground in better times very soon.”

Constitutional Reform

The WST is currently engaged in an exercise to improve its operations and those of the Football Club. A working party consisting of board members and lay members has been set up to examine our constitution and policies with a view to increasing transparency and accountability in the organisation. It is expected that a raft of changes will be brought forward for members approval in the coming months.

As part of this process we are opening out the discussion for members feedback prior to finalising the proposals. Group members are Paul Cox, Phil Davies, Lindsay Jones and Gavin Jones. All feedback to – [email]secretary@wst.org.uk[/email]

Disciplinary Policy

The first policy that was tackled was the Disciplinary Policy. This policy applies to all members and the existing policy can be found here.

The proposed changes to the policy make it clearer and fairer with an independent party managing the process. This would ensure that an “over-mighty” board could not abuse the policy as a tool to attack members. Members would be guaranteed a fair hearing and justice would be served.

One potential downside is that it could cost the Society financially as we would be footing the costs. For this reason, we have built in an annual review. If it looks like it is costing too much, we can find another solution. This would be a decision of the membership.

We are also stressing that any complaint must be evidence-based so that we prevent frivolous and vexatious complaints. Members might also note that the existing policy has never been used in the history of the WST. A testimony to the good humour and exemplary behaviour of our membership.

You will also note that there is no automatic right to appeal. The reason for this is that the complaint is already being handled by an independent party, so an appeal to a further independent party may be seen as duplication.

It may be an idea to allow appeals based on new evidence being brought forward. The draft policy is printed below.

WREXHAM SUPPORTERS SOCIETY LIMITED DISCIPLINARY AND GRIEVANCE POLICY (DISCUSSION)

1.0 Introduction

This document is drafted in accordance with the existing rules of Wrexham Supporters Society Limited and sets out the Disciplinary Policy adopted pursuant to a resolution of the Society at a General Meeting held on ……………….

The purpose of this policy is to ensure that:

1.1 Members agree to be bound by the rules of the Society which require that the conduct of members is not prejudicial to the Objects of the Society.

2.0 Definitions

2.1 “Member(s)” means a member(s) of the Society.
2.2 “Society Board Member(s)” means an elected Member(s) of the Society.
2.3 “Co-opted Member(s)” means a person(s) who is/are a Member(s) and has/have been elected to the Society Board by Society Board Directors but not elected by the Members.
2.4 “Board Membership and Conduct Policy” means a detailed set of rules and regulations of the Society set out in a separate policy statement which includes the procedure which should be followed in all cases relating to Society Board Members only.
2.5 “Disciplinary Offence” means a member has committed an Indictable Offence (as defined below at 2.6) or such act or deed which would adversely affect the reputation of the Society in accordance with 4.1 below
2.6 “Indictable Offence” means a criminal offence (other than a spent conviction as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) for dishonesty, fraud or dealing in drugs.
2.7 “Disciplinary Policy” means the terms and conditions laid out in this document.
2.8 “Rules” means the rules and regulations of the Society laid out in the separate Rules document
2.9 “Secretary” means the Independent Secretary of the Society.
2.10 “Chair” means the elected chair of the Society Board.
2.11 “Society” means Wrexham Supporters’ Society Limited (also known as Wrexham Supporters Trust).
2.12 “Society Board” means the Board of the Society including any Co-opted Members.

3.0 Society Board Members

3.1 Society Board Members who may be the subject of a complaint must declare an interest and recuse themselves from all proceedings relating to the complaint.

4.0 Procedure

4.1 Where a complaint is raised against a member of the Society or a member of the Society Board the Independent Secretary will open a complaint file, inform all parties that a complaint or grievance has been lodged and a file opened.

4.2 The Secretary will examine the detail of the complaint and, if appropriate, attempt to resolve the complaint in accordance with the rules of the Society.

4.3 Where a resolution is not possible the Independent Secretary shall pass the evidence based complaint on to an Independent party agreeable to both parties or appointed by the Football Supporters Association .

4.4 At any subsequent Disciplinary hearings the subject of the complaint shall have the right to a companion who will be able to attend any meetings with the member subject to the complaint.

4.5 All incidental costs arising from the complaint shall be met by the Society.

4.6 The independent party shall investigate all evidence that relates to the complaint. Their decision will be communicated in writing to all parties. Their decision shall be binding on all parties and there will be no appeal.

4.7 All proceedings shall be treated as confidential.

4.8 Proposed sanctions will be applied by the WST Board following the hearing.

4.9 This policy to be reviewed and renewed every year at the Society AGM

Funny_Old_Game 15th May 2020 13.32:18

Re: WST Weekly Update 15/05/20

That vote thing makes absolutely no sense to me.

northwalian dragon 15th May 2020 13.53:07

The use of the term "evidence based complaint" makes the whole thing worthless by their own standards.

They found there was no reason to investigate John Mills and so they didn't despite many allegations.

Also thanks for the £1500 grant Keates, you're still costing the club far more by remaining in your position due to boycotts. If you really want to help the club then resign.

FieldtownRed 15th May 2020 13.55:27

"we have managed to secure £1,500 to repair the [B]damage to the Racecourse turf caused by the long lay-off.[/B]"

Eh??? How??

chef1 15th May 2020 13.55:42

The only statement I want to read is The current board have left their positions

FieldtownRed 15th May 2020 13.57:45

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2358911]That vote thing makes absolutely no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Yep, especially as they've yet to actually confirm whether there'll be promotion and relegation from the division? Or have I missed that?

FieldtownRed 15th May 2020 13.59:01

Still no mention of potential income streams despite them saying so 2 or 3 weeks ago. What are the fundraising group doing?

Ideal opportunity to raise funds for the club with some monies going to a local charity as many other businesses are doing.

CRUMBS 15th May 2020 14.00:02

You would think grass would be over the moon with warm weather and a bit of rain , and no footballers trashing it , but apparently it wears itself out . The groundsman has been working we hear .

quaydragon 15th May 2020 14.35:23

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2358920]You would think grass would be over the moon with warm weather and a bit of rain , and no footballers trashing it , but apparently it wears itself out . The groundsman has been working we hear .[/QUOTE]

Maybe its feelings have been hurt because nobody has been to see it recently or perhaps it suffering from a lack of fertilizer(sh*t) being on it for a few months.

OriginalRhylRed 15th May 2020 14.37:10

Thanks Dean now flip off

Foxy 15th May 2020 14.41:38

[QUOTE=chef1;2358917]The only statement I want to read is The current board have left their positions[/QUOTE]

“...and also left the country”.

Hometown Unicorn 15th May 2020 15.49:22

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2358911]That vote thing makes absolutely no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Bunch of tits. It is as if they're trying to find new ways to piss us off now haha.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 15th May 2020 16.10:21

Well done to anyone who got through all that masonic guff.. I only managed a couple of paragraphs..

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 15th May 2020 16.28:26

So the 'Independent Secretary' decides on any punishment regarding a complaint and also whether it needs an actual independent person(s) to investigate.

As we've seen countless times, it'll be ignored or the rules twisted to suit. The procedure makes little sense and no wonder certain individuals are looking to get off at the next station, just in case.

Wreck Sam 15th May 2020 16.34:44

Maybe Lindsay could investigate some of the quite dreadful social media content on SO78 ?

REDGOG 15th May 2020 16.52:15

I have never understood how no member of the football board was disciplined over the Hughes/Barrow debacle. In particular keeping the WST board ( the owners) in the dark on their actions during this time.

Or is the disciplinary procedure only there to deal with things like not wearing ties in the board room and other important transgressions.

Wreck Sam 15th May 2020 16.57:39

and to quieten dissenting voices.

Huffy 15th May 2020 16.58:46

[QUOTE=Wreck Sam;2358946]Maybe Lindsay could investigate some of the quite dreadful social media content on SO78 ?[/QUOTE]

Pie discussions would be a revelation

Rob Edwards 15th May 2020 17.59:00

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2358915]The use of the term "evidence based complaint" makes the whole thing worthless by their own standards.

They found there was no reason to investigate John Mills and so they didn't despite many allegations.

Also thanks for the £1500 grant Keates, you're still costing the club far more by remaining in your position due to boycotts. If you really want to help the club then resign.[/QUOTE]
Did not like the way was made out to be a club hero-so far away from the truth.Spin machine back on.If Keates apologised for walking out after fans raised 100k it would be something £1500 is only 1.5% of the 100k

Rob Edwards 15th May 2020 18.17:14

[QUOTE=Wreck Sam;2358946]Maybe Lindsay could investigate some of the quite dreadful social media content on SO78 ?[/QUOTE]

Arguably Lindsay's own social media postings of last few years should be investigated.Most obnoxious poster ever encountered on Facebook Fans Chat.

Foxy 15th May 2020 18.22:56

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2358958]Arguably Lindsay's own social media postings of last few years should be investigated.Most obnoxious poster ever encountered on Facebook Fans Chat.[/QUOTE]

I think most of us would second that. How on earth has he been brought onto the WST ? Talk about throwing petrol on the fire.

the sleeping giant dies 15th May 2020 20.35:25

So if its not working out and it's costing money then they try a different way we'll it has nt worked out and it's cost us thousands so here's another approach how about resigning

Bagger Vance 15th May 2020 21.06:41

So to summarise the discipline bits - there are no issues due to the good humour of members.

So we will ignore emails to get people sacked, defamations, abuse online. Directors sending PMs about members, secret forums etc

In the event of a complaint of above we have a panel comprised of people who have been intolerant, have run and been active on secret forums and spread rumours, divulged personal details of fans on said forum and announced things on forums before members get told.

I now have every confidence in the system.

Super job.

ewloered 15th May 2020 22.39:04

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2358979]So to summarise the discipline bits - there are no issues due to the good humour of members.

So we will ignore emails to get people sacked, defamations, abuse online. Directors sending PMs about members, secret forums etc

In the event of a complaint of above we have a panel comprised of people who have been intolerant, have run and been active on secret forums and spread rumours, divulged personal details of fans on said forum and announced things on forums before members get told.

Super job.[/QUOTE]
Talking of secret forums. I tried to join spirit of 78, kept getting knocked back. Obviously it’s a closed shop!

Prodigal Dragon 16th May 2020 07.25:54

[QUOTE=Bagger Vance;2358979]So to summarise the discipline bits - there are no issues due to the good humour of members.

Super job.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of Germany circa 1933.

WrexhamO 16th May 2020 08.11:01

[QUOTE=ewloered;2358983]Talking of secret forums. I tried to join spirit of 78, kept getting knocked back. Obviously it’s a closed shop![/QUOTE]

It's pretty much been abandoned.

Half a dozen posts this week, most by me.

Nothing to see there.

LlayDragon 16th May 2020 10.38:53

Super job.[/QUOTE]

It's all very comprehensive and even handed.

Well done for paraphrasing, I couldn't be bothered to read the overblown monstrosity.

louisleftboot 16th May 2020 12.49:39

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2358991]It's pretty much been abandoned.

Nothing to see there.[/QUOTE]

I’ve had an account since the start but not been able to log in for a few months. Assumed it was problems with the site, but if you’ve been able to get on then it’s obviously me!

It was never a hive of activity and never really saw any slagging off of anybody. I do believe there was another secret forum that predates SO78. Unless they wiped the history of it when I signed up.

Mostly Mike Hughes and few others who are well known on twitter etc, just comments on the footy and a more positive outlook than most.

Huffy 16th May 2020 14.02:37

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2359008]I’ve had an account since the start but not been able to log in for a few months. Assumed it was problems with the site, but if you’ve been able to get on then it’s obviously me!

It was never a hive of activity and never really saw any slagging off of anybody. I do believe there was another secret forum that predates SO78. Unless they wiped the history of it when I signed up.

Mostly Mike Hughes and few others who are well known on twitter etc, just comments on the footy and a more positive outlook than most.[/QUOTE]

Well there you go ! An honest and accurate summmary of what the other group is IMO!
A forum that you need to pay to join (I think its 2 or 3 quid or something derisory ,puts most off as they like it for nothing !) So if you cant pay the joining fee for a forum that has been a problem logging into most of the time for everyone ,esp if you are on a phone- then yes its secret !:)

But lets not have any nonsense about it being a den of activists ,a subversive place inhabited by WST zealots because it really is not !!!
Its more of a home from home from some of the madness and stuff elsewhere , be that here or Facie Fanschat , which I am usually better off not reading

Wink Martindale 16th May 2020 15.12:53

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2358989]Reminds me of Germany circa 1933.[/QUOTE]

How on earth can you compare unrest at a football club to Germany in the 1930's?

Think before you post such thougthtless, insensitive drivel 😠

louisleftboot 16th May 2020 15.23:04

[QUOTE=Wink Martindale;2359023]How on earth can you compare unrest at a football club to Germany in the 1930's?

Think before you post such thougthtless, insensitive drivel 😠[/QUOTE]

First they came for the non-league football fans...

andy buckley 16th May 2020 15.45:36

I see the leader have added a number to the amount received stating that the club got 1414,32.32!! Unless our wage bill has shot up

griff49 16th May 2020 16.30:55

[QUOTE=Wink Martindale;2359023]How on earth can you compare unrest at a football club to Germany in the 1930's?

Think before you post such thougthtless, insensitive drivel 😠

Completely agree.. As for the Brecht quote there is no
comparison. Now if you were talking about the present uk government I may have sympathy.
The nazi regime was an evil, vicious and corrupt regime. It would have already locked up many of the posters on
here. ]

Rob Edwards 18th May 2020 12.32:31

Hope appropriate person realises that this Wednesday is the submission deadline to ensure the furlough grant is received by end of May.

TopCornerFergie 18th May 2020 13.57:42

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2359008]
It was never a hive of activity and never really saw any slagging off of anybody. I do believe there was another secret forum that predates SO78. Unless they wiped the history of it when I signed up.[/QUOTE]

There was Philly, that I was a part of for a time. It was pretty good to be fair. I was expecting to join and see threads of CCTV footage of Colin Poole, and photocopies of Steph Booth's supermarket receipts; but actually it was just a smaller group of fans discussing club issues. A less 'noisy' forum to put your ideas across.

There was also more concerted efforts to organise meetings, and put together more constructive opposition to issues within the Club.

The admins did thrive on the fact that it was "secret", so there were a few wind-ups about what went on, spearheaded by CarlDouglas amongst others which were funny.

Phils-an-alki 18th May 2020 14.07:34

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2358991]It's pretty much been abandoned.

Nothing to see there.[/QUOTE]

And Mike Hughes is posting on there which must put loads of people off.

Phils-an-alki 18th May 2020 14.10:46

[QUOTE=TopCornerFergie;2359256]There was Philly, that I was a part of for a time. It was pretty good to be fair. I was expecting to join and see threads of CCTV footage of Colin Poole, and photocopies of Steph Booth's supermarket receipts; but actually it was just a smaller group of fans discussing club issues. A less 'noisy' forum to put your ideas across.

There was also more concerted efforts to organise meetings, and put together more constructive opposition to issues within the Club.

The admins did thrive on the fact that it was "secret", so there were a few wind-ups about what went on, spearheaded by CarlDouglas amongst others which were funny.[/QUOTE]

Ah Carl Douglas. Does he still think he's funny? Has he found his dummy yet?

Phils-an-alki 18th May 2020 14.11:48

[QUOTE=Huffy;2359014]Well there you go ! An honest and accurate summmary of what the other group is IMO!
A forum that you need to pay to join (I think its 2 or 3 quid or something derisory ,puts most off as they like it for nothing !) So if you cant pay the joining fee for a forum that has been a problem logging into most of the time for everyone ,esp if you are on a phone- then yes its secret !:)

But lets not have any nonsense about it being a den of activists ,a subversive place inhabited by WST zealots because it really is not !!!
Its more of a home from home from some of the madness and stuff elsewhere , be that here or Facie Fanschat , which I am usually better off not reading[/QUOTE]

That's not the forum Bagger is referring to.

Bagger Vance 18th May 2020 14.16:46

[QUOTE=TopCornerFergie;2359256]There was Philly, that I was a part of for a time. It was pretty good to be fair. I was expecting to join and see threads of CCTV footage of Colin Poole, and photocopies of Steph Booth's supermarket receipts; but actually it was just a smaller group of fans discussing club issues. A less 'noisy' forum to put your ideas across.

The admins did thrive on the fact that it was "secret", so there were a few wind-ups about what went on, spearheaded by CarlDouglas amongst others which were funny.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is the old one which was abandoned and claimed was hacked but I don't think you could claim that was wind ups so likely another.

The original hidden one:

Discussing one fans sexuality
A head of a fans group mental wellbeing subject of one thread
Posts such as "QuayRed is a w@nker"
Items that should have been covered under the NDA with M&R being openly discussed.

I think that one was older than the one you are on about which a few people over the years have said was much better. I think the hidden element may have been a parody of the toxic one rather than anything sinister.

Inside Left 20th May 2020 09.03:07

Noted the piece about revising the constitution and that the WSt had appointed a group to review it. Board members names plus two 'Lay' members. Can anyone throw light on who the lay members are?

Also note that ordinary members can have an input to any changes.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.10:22.