RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Nigel Clough (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115704-nigel-clough.html)

mattlewis7 18th May 2020 18.26:07

Nigel Clough

I wonder whether Nigel Clough would get us out of this dreadful league? Done it before with Burton but we still have the wet bandits in charge. Walked away from Burton due to budget cuts although I wonder whether he was going to get cut 🤔

I know most teams are affected by budgets due to coronavirus, but this upcoming season would be an ideal time to recruit players based on the number being released. What are your thoughts?

Pieman 18th May 2020 18.30:16

Re: Nigel Clough

Wouldnt mind him as a player even now lol

joe 18th May 2020 18.34:41

We would never be able to afford him, especially given the apparent salaries we have offered potential managers in the past. Wouldn’t suprise me if he ended up at Notts though.

Red Light 18th May 2020 18.35:31

Lots of issues here before even thinking of Clough.

It's not going to be a good time to recruit players - where will the money come from to pay them or pay for anything ?
Will anyone fork out hundreds of pounds in advance for a season ticket ever again ?

'This season' - will there be one ? when will it ever start ? if it starts will it be able to finish ?

Clubs are so deep in uncertainty the wise ones will play the cautious approach - playing squads cut down to the bone and no spending on anything that can be avoided.

As for Nigel Clough - well he's another possible pipe dream isn't he ?
There are no current managerial vacancies and those who do the hiring & firing are still in pole position - until football gets underway again and Keates under performs to such an extent that he is dismissed then nothing will happen - and that, I feel is going to be a long way off - we need to start playing football again before anything can happen.

Funny_Old_Game 18th May 2020 20.15:58

He’s a dreadful manager.

marathonplny 18th May 2020 20.18:40

We’ve got Deano for another 12 months
We had better get used to that
And the style of football that comes with it - lol

louisleftboot 18th May 2020 21.17:44

Please stop.

Redknapp and Clough in the past week. Silly season started very early this year (or actually did it ever end?)

sparky 19th May 2020 06.38:27

Since we lost in that big away game the gap between whay they have achieved and what we have suffered is quite staggering.

Has Jones resigned yet?

Corner Flag 19th May 2020 07.31:03

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2359318]We’ve got Deano for another 12 months
We had better get used to that
And the style of football that comes with it - lol[/QUOTE]

Well if that happens it's a no from me and that includes season ticket ,gate money or any form of sponsorship till he and the gang of 3 are gone.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.56:58.