Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd May 2020, 11.16:27   #11-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Andy Morrison

Morrison is a winner! I watched a well organised Connahs Quay give a good account of themselves v Partizan Belgrade in the Europa Cup at Rhyl having earlier beaten Kilmarnock through a great away leg victory. Players stuck to a well organised game plan against superior opposition, before losing only 1-0. He would undoubtedly have been a better option than Keates but was not interviewed by the lager club clique who wanted Keates back, come hell or high water!
Old 22nd May 2020, 11.19:44   #12-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

The one to go for was Carl Robinson, now working miracles down in Aus after a good stint in Canada. Known to get the maximum out of a budget. Will likely be the next Wales manager.

'Are the fees too high or too low? And they should be fed back into grassroots and more into development, because what happens if you’ve got a player – and I say this in Canada and North America – if he can’t afford to play because he’s from a single parent home?

“You can’t afford to lose players that have got talent and that opportunity because of financial circumstances. You’ve got to give everyone an opportunity to play.'

Then again he's not really a yes man.
Old 22nd May 2020, 11.21:12   #13-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS

He’d have them training properly at least. Wouldn’t put up with any passengers. And can out “style” of football be much worse?
Old 22nd May 2020, 11.45:25   #14-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Linked with the job after Hughes was sacked, he has just led Connah's Quay to the Welsh Premier League title, putting an end to TNS' uninterrupted 9 seasons of dominance. Even though the last few games were not played, it did look for all intents and purposes that Connah's Quay were going to win it anyway.

A lot of people on here turned their noses at the prospect of appointing him at the time, and I'm sure we can attract a higher calibre of manager once structural changes are made within the club. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Morrison would have been a far better appointment than any of our last 3 managers - Barrow, Hughes, Keates.

He is a big, uniting, personality who knows how to implement a successful footballing plan. He was also (presumably) affordable and happy to work in this area.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that he will be managing in the Football League before we get back there (though given our current set up he has an infinite amount of time to achieve that).

Linked by fans, that's about as far as it got! Wasn't even approached. Our clowns decided to appoint someone with no managerial experience at all instead....

He's as mad as a box of frogs. Football unlikely to be the prettiest but as promotion out of this awful league is our primary objective, I would take that! (someone remind WST about this please)

Lets be honest, we haven't seen any decent football since Mills first took over. Keates has us playing some of the worst football I can remember so why should we be fearful of someone else doing the same but potentially getting us promoted?
Old 22nd May 2020, 12.50:23   #15-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_1072 View Post
He’d have them training properly at least. Wouldn’t put up with any passengers. And can out “style” of football be much worse?

Our board want a yes man who is just glad to get a job in the top division in non league football.
Old 22nd May 2020, 13.01:48   #16-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Our board want a yes man who is just glad to get a job in the top division in non league football.
Exactly! Morrison wouldn't last five minutes working with Spencer.
Old 22nd May 2020, 14.17:17   #17-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Ffs morrison
He's a fkin Docker
Old 22nd May 2020, 14.32:28   #18-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I'd rather Morrison ahead of Keates, Davies and Carlo any day of the week, and that tells its own story.
I'd rather the cake maker in Morrison than those three!
Old 22nd May 2020, 15.00:16   #19-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
He has a better managerial C.V. than Hughes and Keates combined

However, no. We should be able to attract better.

We won't attract better though because every manager, player, agent and coach knows we're a basketcase that is set-up to fail

Change the board and scream it from the rooftops to the footballing community
Yup, yup and yup.
Old 22nd May 2020, 15.27:54   #20-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand lower tier [Town End]

I'm past caring tbh.............

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.00:17.