Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd May 2020, 15.31:06   #21-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: The Kop
Twitter: @

Default Re: Andy Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyheckerslike View Post
I'm past caring tbh.............
totally agree , the whole club is a basket case
Old 22nd May 2020, 15.47:43   #22-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

As far as management goes, the Hughes appointment was what really showed me that Wrexham AFC lacked ambition. Hughes would not have got a sniff in at any of the other teams in our league - honestly, with his CV, he'd have been lucky to get a job in National League North.

Keates just confirmed that lack of ambition for me. I'm not expecting Klopp or Guardiola but Keates isn't the man to take us out of this league. I don't think he's the worst manager on the planet like a lot of people seem to, but I certainly don't think he's the man to take us to league football.

As far as Morrison would have been, I would have had him over Hughes and Keates. Dave Challinor was a name being thrown about (especially after he was given the sack by Fylde a week after Keates was given the job) who, whilst he never got Fylde promoted, he was within touching distance of doing so. He's not done too badly with Hartlepool and I think he could steady their ship when the next NL season starts.
Old 22nd May 2020, 16.20:13   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Linked with the job after Hughes was sacked, he has just led Connah's Quay to the Welsh Premier League title, putting an end to TNS' uninterrupted 9 seasons of dominance. Even though the last few games were not played, it did look for all intents and purposes that Connah's Quay were going to win it anyway.

A lot of people on here turned their noses at the prospect of appointing him at the time, and I'm sure we can attract a higher calibre of manager once structural changes are made within the club. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Morrison would have been a far better appointment than any of our last 3 managers - Barrow, Hughes, Keates.

He is a big, uniting, personality who knows how to implement a successful footballing plan. He was also (presumably) affordable and happy to work in this area.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that he will be managing in the Football League before we get back there (though given our current set up he has an infinite amount of time to achieve that).
His style of play isnít the greatest and TNS are nowhere near what they used to be. Heís also had lot of backing from GAP. Jury out for me on his credentials.
Old 22nd May 2020, 16.21:42   #24-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

there is a lot of snobbery on Rp towards the WP - I doubt we'd run away with the WP if we were in it this season

A good coach is a good coach irrespective of the level of football - Nigel Adkins was a WP manager, like players managers start somewhere.

We need a manager that can instill in the players the belief they can get out of this league, we're not going to buy ourselves out, I doubt any of our managers since Saunders could persuade players they were better than they were, we need that as we won't be getting the best players in the league here as they want the best wages to go with it.
Old 22nd May 2020, 16.30:59   #25-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

The pub league credentials dont mean much, but i'd have had him over Keates 100%.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 23rd May 2020, 07.26:15   #26-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @Redinsaudi1

I readily admit that Iíd have chosen AM over Keates but I would have picked a cardboard cut out before Keates TBF, however, we have to be clear here. I have watched hundreds of Welsh Prem and Alliance games and the standard is absolute garbage. Iím not saying that he canít manage at a higher level, Iím just saying you canít compare the Welsh Prem with the NL as itís streets behind and if you think otherwise you need to give your head a wobble.
Old 23rd May 2020, 08.46:12   #27-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_gog View Post
there is a lot of snobbery on Rp towards the WP - I doubt we'd run away with the WP if we were in it this season

A good coach is a good coach irrespective of the level of football - Nigel Adkins was a WP manager, like players managers start somewhere.

We need a manager that can instill in the players the belief they can get out of this league, we're not going to buy ourselves out, I doubt any of our managers since Saunders could persuade players they were better than they were, we need that as we won't be getting the best players in the league here as they want the best wages to go with it.
Rightly so itís a pub league fortunately covered because of its being in Wales.
I donít doubt that AM has done a good job but Wilkin was a coach with an enviable record at a much higher standard and we all know how that worked out.
To get out of this league we need to drop lucky with a Ricketts style appointment or go and get an Askey. The first option is a lottery the second one takes a board prepared to be rightfully bullied and Iím not sure we have one.
Old 23rd May 2020, 10.44:41   #28-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Rightly so itís a pub league fortunately covered because of its being in Wales.
I donít doubt that AM has done a good job but Wilkin was a coach with an enviable record at a much higher standard and we all know how that worked out.
To get out of this league we need to drop lucky with a Ricketts style appointment or go and get an Askey. The first option is a lottery the second one takes a board prepared to be rightfully bullied and Iím not sure we have one.
Apparently Askeys training methods are shite and a few of the players didnít want him. I would of had him after Mills personally as he did great job at Macc under awful financial constraints
Old 23rd May 2020, 12.00:12   #29-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

What a pointless thread Keates is under Contract for at least another season if one starts within the next year.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 23rd May 2020, 12.23:12   #30-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Exec Box

As Someone who Watches A lot of Welsh Premier games and for the most part finds them thoroughly enjoyable everyone on here needs to know this. Andy Morrison is a very very passionate Manager, whose teams play the worst brand of football I have ever seen. The ball has snow on it for most of the game its in the air that much. As well as that if he got our players playing the same way as theirs do, we would be playing at most with 8 players in most games on 69 minutes. They are agricultural to say the least and in some cases in some places they would be up for assault. HE IS DEFINITELY NOT THE ANSWER TO WREXHAMS PREDICAMENT. Oh and until we sort out the problems with the Board which are HUGE there is no point in looking at another Manager, because those in charge will only F##k it up again

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.46:54.