Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd May 2020, 15.00:16   #19-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Andy Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
He has a better managerial C.V. than Hughes and Keates combined

However, no. We should be able to attract better.

We won't attract better though because every manager, player, agent and coach knows we're a basketcase that is set-up to fail

Change the board and scream it from the rooftops to the footballing community
Yup, yup and yup.
Old 22nd May 2020, 15.27:54   #20-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand lower tier [Town End]
Twitter: @Hiphiphooray

I'm past caring tbh.............
Old 22nd May 2020, 15.31:06   #21-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyheckerslike View Post
I'm past caring tbh.............
totally agree , the whole club is a basket case
Old 22nd May 2020, 15.47:43   #22-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

As far as management goes, the Hughes appointment was what really showed me that Wrexham AFC lacked ambition. Hughes would not have got a sniff in at any of the other teams in our league - honestly, with his CV, he'd have been lucky to get a job in National League North.

Keates just confirmed that lack of ambition for me. I'm not expecting Klopp or Guardiola but Keates isn't the man to take us out of this league. I don't think he's the worst manager on the planet like a lot of people seem to, but I certainly don't think he's the man to take us to league football.

As far as Morrison would have been, I would have had him over Hughes and Keates. Dave Challinor was a name being thrown about (especially after he was given the sack by Fylde a week after Keates was given the job) who, whilst he never got Fylde promoted, he was within touching distance of doing so. He's not done too badly with Hartlepool and I think he could steady their ship when the next NL season starts.
Old 22nd May 2020, 16.20:13   #23-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Linked with the job after Hughes was sacked, he has just led Connah's Quay to the Welsh Premier League title, putting an end to TNS' uninterrupted 9 seasons of dominance. Even though the last few games were not played, it did look for all intents and purposes that Connah's Quay were going to win it anyway.

A lot of people on here turned their noses at the prospect of appointing him at the time, and I'm sure we can attract a higher calibre of manager once structural changes are made within the club. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Morrison would have been a far better appointment than any of our last 3 managers - Barrow, Hughes, Keates.

He is a big, uniting, personality who knows how to implement a successful footballing plan. He was also (presumably) affordable and happy to work in this area.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money that he will be managing in the Football League before we get back there (though given our current set up he has an infinite amount of time to achieve that).
His style of play isn’t the greatest and TNS are nowhere near what they used to be. He’s also had lot of backing from GAP. Jury out for me on his credentials.
Old 22nd May 2020, 16.21:42   #24-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

there is a lot of snobbery on Rp towards the WP - I doubt we'd run away with the WP if we were in it this season

A good coach is a good coach irrespective of the level of football - Nigel Adkins was a WP manager, like players managers start somewhere.

We need a manager that can instill in the players the belief they can get out of this league, we're not going to buy ourselves out, I doubt any of our managers since Saunders could persuade players they were better than they were, we need that as we won't be getting the best players in the league here as they want the best wages to go with it.
Old 22nd May 2020, 16.30:59   #25-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

The pub league credentials dont mean much, but i'd have had him over Keates 100%.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 23rd May 2020, 07.26:15   #26-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

I readily admit that I’d have chosen AM over Keates but I would have picked a cardboard cut out before Keates TBF, however, we have to be clear here. I have watched hundreds of Welsh Prem and Alliance games and the standard is absolute garbage. I’m not saying that he can’t manage at a higher level, I’m just saying you can’t compare the Welsh Prem with the NL as it’s streets behind and if you think otherwise you need to give your head a wobble.
Old 23rd May 2020, 08.46:12   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_gog View Post
there is a lot of snobbery on Rp towards the WP - I doubt we'd run away with the WP if we were in it this season

A good coach is a good coach irrespective of the level of football - Nigel Adkins was a WP manager, like players managers start somewhere.

We need a manager that can instill in the players the belief they can get out of this league, we're not going to buy ourselves out, I doubt any of our managers since Saunders could persuade players they were better than they were, we need that as we won't be getting the best players in the league here as they want the best wages to go with it.
Rightly so it’s a pub league fortunately covered because of its being in Wales.
I don’t doubt that AM has done a good job but Wilkin was a coach with an enviable record at a much higher standard and we all know how that worked out.
To get out of this league we need to drop lucky with a Ricketts style appointment or go and get an Askey. The first option is a lottery the second one takes a board prepared to be rightfully bullied and I’m not sure we have one.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.31:45.