Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th May 2020, 12.58:51   #127-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Donation drive launched UTST | UNITE TO SAVE THE TOWN

Unite to save the Town - great initiative, let’s get behind this with positivity for our club our team.
Old 30th May 2020, 13.00:56   #128-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
I don't get the negativity towards this iniative, then I again I've never understood the constant negativity towards any thing club related since I've been using RedPassion. I get down, angry after defeats, upset when the club is in decline and although more physilothical these days, I realise the club will never go forward without a huge slice of positivity and positive people trying to make it happen and really wanting it. Excuses and blaming others for mistakes, may make the individuals feel better but it isn't going to save our club and neither is it going to take it forward.

It's easy for me, if anything doesnt interest you then ignore it, dont try and rubbish the ideas, efforts of some and support it gets.

Starving the club, fans walking with their feet and staying away are things we have heard for all our years, it's a natural reaction when things arent going well and this can be mapped in decades of attendance figures, but what counts is the fans who will support and turn up when the chips are down.

Clubs up and down the country, have had a real real wake up call and are concerned for their future. From what I can read, the vast majority are undertaking similar initiatives to ourselves as they all realise its the fans, the life blood of club that will kep them alive or let them die.
Agree far too much negativity without positive constructive alternatives. No one likes the league standings for 19-20.
Old 30th May 2020, 13.10:52   #129-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Drinkers in the Wheatchief have been getting that for free for years!!
Awww common even your not that thick ? its Wheatsheaf
Old 30th May 2020, 13.16:56   #130-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Surely at least 1 member of the commercial dept should not be furloughed.Shirts etc could then be sold and season tickets could be sold.My friend purchased a season ticket on Thursday for Swansea and we now Shrewsbury ar selling them.Clearly the 1 person could have had input into the fundraising initiative too.
Yep this is what I don’t understand. You don’t have to furlough all employees do you? As you say one could be allowed to work to sell all this season’s left over stock via the online shop etc.
Old 30th May 2020, 13.33:54   #131-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamrob View Post
Agree far too much negativity without positive constructive alternatives. No one likes the league standings for 19-20.
It's not just the league standing for 19/20 though is it? It's year after year of decline and decay. Of ridiculous decisions and alienation of the fanbase.

Constructive alternatives are to make serious changes. Not tinkering around the edges, not selling pints with a bootlegger who the club just a short while ago didn't want anything to do with, not keeping the same people in key positions for the sake of their own privilege.

The question shouldn't be why won't fans get behind the club to raise money, it should be why certain board members are adamant in remaining in their positions at the cost of huge sums of money and damage to the club
Old 30th May 2020, 13.34:39   #132-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Who is going to buy a football club at the moment?

We've lost money like all clubs because we haven't had any natch revenue, they've got to do something. There needs to be changes but perhaps this isn't the time.
Well huw Jenkins and Harry Rednapp are interested in buying football clubs and I am sure there are many more
Old 30th May 2020, 13.59:16   #133-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
I don't get the negativity towards this iniative, then I again I've never understood the constant negativity towards any thing club related since I've been using RedPassion. I get down, angry after defeats, upset when the club is in decline and although more physilothical these days, I realise the club will never go forward without a huge slice of positivity and positive people trying to make it happen and really wanting it. Excuses and blaming others for mistakes, may make the individuals feel better but it isn't going to save our club and neither is it going to take it forward.

It's easy for me, if anything doesnt interest you then ignore it, dont try and rubbish the ideas, efforts of some and support it gets.

Starving the club, fans walking with their feet and staying away are things we have heard for all our years, it's a natural reaction when things arent going well and this can be mapped in decades of attendance figures, but what counts is the fans who will support and turn up when the chips are down.

Clubs up and down the country, have had a real real wake up call and are concerned for their future. From what I can read, the vast majority are undertaking similar initiatives to ourselves as they all realise its the fans, the life blood of club that will kep them alive or let them die.
I could give you 1.8m reasons why this initiative is a farce, they are a disaster at every angle of running a football club and delivering success to the fans.
Old 30th May 2020, 14.05:22   #134-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
It's not just the league standing for 19/20 though is it? It's year after year of decline and decay. Of ridiculous decisions and alienation of the fanbase.

Constructive alternatives are to make serious changes. Not tinkering around the edges, not selling pints with a bootlegger who the club just a short while ago didn't want anything to do with, not keeping the same people in key positions for the sake of their own privilege.

The question shouldn't be why won't fans get behind the club to raise money, it should be why certain board members are adamant in remaining in their positions at the cost of huge sums of money and damage to the club
Give us one Constructive change then Dragon? Thats not sack x y z thats 10% of a plan.

We obviously need change think anyone has to agree, but I have not heard one joined up policy suggestion.

Do a tenth of the work the directors do in one week and you may come up with something rather than tantrums. I've asked before but its tumbleweed.
Old 30th May 2020, 14.12:49   #135-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Off topic but clubs are realising football needs to change.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...league-2868114
Ironic when he was leading the army of chairmen over spending his way to the league. Now hes run out of cash he changes his tune!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.55:35.