Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th June 2020, 14.16:38   #289-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Donation drive launched UTST | UNITE TO SAVE THE TOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePog View Post
Anyone get one of the barriers previously? Thick question but how were supplied regarding the base? Know that this time it will be just be the barrier opposed to a full free standing 'unit'. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
From memory, and if repeated then the barrier and standing legs would need to be removed from their concrete step foundation - seem to think that our sponsors AEC Engineering had some involvement - so pull them out or cut them out at base, renovate and paint up - then there is the issue of getting them to there destination. I recall someone on this forum begging for help in picking up their barrier and transporting it to it's destination. That is indeed if it is fitted with V legs either side - a large van or trailer with ratchet straps perhaps but maybe the club will arrange some form of package including delivery perhaps in conjunction with AEC Engineering if they are involved again ?

However, it is a puzzle on a number of fronts as outlined previously. How can we break up parts of a stadium now owned by Glyndwr University ? what's in it for them ? I would think they must have previously given their authority for this to happen. Also, having done it once some years ago why are we now talking of resuming it now or to put it another way why did it stop if it was a money earner ? Seem to think last time there were a set number made available and once sold that was it.
Old 13th June 2020, 15.08:29   #290-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
From memory, and if repeated then the barrier and standing legs would need to be removed from their concrete step foundation - seem to think that our sponsors AEC Engineering had some involvement - so pull them out or cut them out at base, renovate and paint up - then there is the issue of getting them to there destination. I recall someone on this forum begging for help in picking up their barrier and transporting it to it's destination. That is indeed if it is fitted with V legs either side - a large van or trailer with ratchet straps perhaps but maybe the club will arrange some form of package including delivery perhaps in conjunction with AEC Engineering if they are involved again ?

However, it is a puzzle on a number of fronts as outlined previously. How can we break up parts of a stadium now owned by Glyndwr University ? what's in it for them ? I would think they must have previously given their authority for this to happen. Also, having done it once some years ago why are we now talking of resuming it now or to put it another way why did it stop if it was a money earner ? Seem to think last time there were a set number made available and once sold that was it.
The football club are responsible for all the upkeep of the stadium, Glyndwr played a blinder with how much needed doing. Also, some news is due very soon on the redevelopment with rumours that the Welsh Football Museum will form part of it.
Old 13th June 2020, 16.31:54   #291-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot:

I have had RP in my Favourites for many years but never really taken much notice except to follow matches where I have not been able to be at them.
Lockdown has changed all and I have taken more notice just to keep in touch with any Club news.
I did venture to comment on here, for my first ever post, that I felt it was wrong to claim an ST refund for the 5 missing matches and was pilloried for my views; and on having time to analyse SP that a number of the more regular contributors are of the 'not a penny more' to be donated to keep the club going at this lean time makes me more than a little sad
The new season will be my 65th and though I left Wrexham in 1962 I have had an ST for 10 years and will continue to contribute and to make the 150 mile round trip until I am unable to do so.
The last thing that I want is to see my beloved football club die.
As a result of lockdown I have been out 3 times, travelled 10 miles in the car and had two European holidays postponed in this close season; so I'm in the fortunate position of being able to make a substantial contribution to club funds - I will be glad if the 'not a penny more' brigade will decline to comment.
I am a member of WST and quite happy to pay my £15.00 a month membership, but, because of age and distance I am unable to contribute any discussion or comment on the seemingly hate campaign against the current board but hope that a suitable outcome can be reached.
We all want better performances than the season just gone and many believe that Dean Keates may not be everbodies choice, but I feel that he has gone some way in eliminating Brian Hughes' signings, and that Harris,Jarvis and are Keillor-Dunn,are an improvement, and great efforts should be made to sign Kennedy, Ponticelli (if only on loan) and Brad Walker.
Believe me the football served up in the late 80s was worse than now and in front of 1800 people.
The management mistakes were made on the sacking of Dennis Smith and the appointment of Brian Carey instead of a Darren Ferguson/Kevin Russell duo.
Old 13th June 2020, 16.46:29   #292-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossopred View Post
I have had RP in my Favourites for many years but never really taken much notice except to follow matches where I have not been able to be at them.
Lockdown has changed all and I have taken more notice just to keep in touch with any Club news.
I did venture to comment on here, for my first ever post, that I felt it was wrong to claim an ST refund for the 5 missing matches and was pilloried for my views; and on having time to analyse SP that a number of the more regular contributors are of the 'not a penny more' to be donated to keep the club going at this lean time makes me more than a little sad
The new season will be my 65th and though I left Wrexham in 1962 I have had an ST for 10 years and will continue to contribute and to make the 150 mile round trip until I am unable to do so.
As a result of lockdown I have been out 3 times, travelled 10 miles in the car and had two European holidays postponed in this close season; so I'm in the fortunate position of being able to make a substantial contribution to club funds - I will be glad if the 'not a penny more' brigade will decline to comment.
I am a member of WST and quite happy to pay my £15.00 a month membership, but, because of age and distance I am unable to contribute any discussion or comment on the seemingly hate campaign against the current board but hope that a suitable outcome can be reached.
We all want better performances than the season just gone and many believe that Dean Keates may not be everbodies choice, but I feel that he has gone some way in eliminating Brian Hughes' signings, and that Harris,Jarvis and are Keillor-Dunn,are an improvement, and great efforts should be made to sign Kennedy, Ponticelli (if only on loan) and Brad Walker.
Believe me the football served up in the late 80s was worse than now and in front of 1800 people.
The management mistakes were made on the sacking of Dennis Smith and the appointment of Brian Carey instead of a Darren Ferguson/Kevin Russell duo.
Good post, everyone is entitled to their opinion without getting abuse for it.
Old 13th June 2020, 16.57:41   #293-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Great post and I share your concerns, but no doubt you will be blamed for our current predicament. Remember it was those 1800 hardcore Wxm fans that kept the club alive, not the owners and not the fickle casuals who always disappear when things aren't great until a cup run or the club gets close to promotion. I get some fans don't want to contribute but it's the constant attempts to discourage the the fans who will.

Last edited by davewilli; 13th June 2020 at 17.00:26..
Old 13th June 2020, 17.16:10   #294-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Good post. Must admit I was wrong supporting Carey ahead of Ferguson, but such is life!
Old 13th June 2020, 17.42:43   #295-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Good post. I disagree re the team on the 80s. Even those worst teams would hammer us.
Old 13th June 2020, 17.45:22   #296-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

I could more readily accept the dodgy goings on at the Racecourse if it was conducted by an owner who had bought majority of shares and was intent on running things their way. However as we have a "peoples board" who constantly bleat that its "our club" and then don't seem to be accountable to us, it really gets to me. Disloyal as it sounds, but I cannot bring myself to write them a cheque - a get out of jail card!
I would love to see radical change following on from the AGM on 8th August, but it will be too close to the new season to have any great effect.
Old 13th June 2020, 17.53:19   #297-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Respect you for your opinions as a very long serving fan like myself and your willingness to plough more cash into the abyss but having seen us reach the play off final and lose narrowly over 2 legs to Leyton Orient in 1989 with players such as Joey Jones, Paul Comstive, Jon Bowden and Kevin Russell to name a few playing that season I don't agree that the football then was worse than it is now. Away wins at Burnley and Scunthorpe in the PO SF were highlights we can only dream of these days

Time has clouded your memory I'm afraid

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.42:13.