Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th May 2020, 13.17:53   #46-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Donation drive launched UTST | UNITE TO SAVE THE TOWN

I'm disgusted, yet not surprised by this. The length of their brass neck continues to grow by the week.

How can the same board who, over the past few years, have actively engineered the discord between various different aspects of the club for their own means now be calling for unity?

How much of our money have they wasted on unacceptable, often times inept or disgraceful decisions across all aspects of the football and non-footballing elements of the club?

Why on earth would I do anything to help the people who have continually taken me for a fool, both directly and indirectly, with their shameless displays of braggadocio and self-preservation? KLF burning a million quid was money better spent than what we've been served up over the last seven years.

We don't have a right to demand success. No club does. But we do have a right to demand that everything is done in the best possible way to give us the greatest chance of success. This board have consistently failed on that one basic objective year on year, putting their own positions ahead of the club.

The greatest con pulled off by this board is conditioning fans into believing we are a charity, not a football club. Times are tough, yes, but unfortunately this board will now reap what they have sewn, which could prove disastrous for those of us who love/used to love the club.
Old 29th May 2020, 13.19:54   #47-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

So it's official, the Danny Ward money has been spunked away and we're basically skint, again.

Like most, in times like these I've always chipped in but until Jones and Co do the right thing it's a no from me. There are far more worthier causes out there than a privately owned football club.
Old 29th May 2020, 13.26:18   #48-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

I thought the club had managed the finances brilliantly and we were in a good place financially according to our dear leaders.

Yet we find out about significant loans being required and now they have their begging bowls out again. Thought the WST accounts had significant funds which could be transferred accross. Shouldn't they be doing this first before asking members for more money ?
Old 29th May 2020, 13.33:41   #49-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

"Furthermore, with non-urgent work shut down, we have had to close the Racecourse and furlough all paid staff – denying us sources of income such as the club shop."

Is that strictly true - have they had to furlough all paid staff? Other football clubs appear to be continuing to sell merchandise?
Old 29th May 2020, 13.35:58   #50-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Kickstarter campaigns are now commonplace and I'm a fan of them. It gives fans niche opportunities that they wouldn't normally get.

I've pitched in for the Legends tour (although I hope Mickey is absolutely ok to do this kind of thing, as he must be in a high risk category), a match-worn shirt and the season-ticket raffle

I don't see this as money to "save" the Club, just money to be used as damage limitation in the light of losing £250,000 worth of matchday revenue due to the pandemic.

Of course, that's not how it's worded. A good idea done poorly... again
Old 29th May 2020, 13.41:04   #51-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Must be an oversight not to offer something to those who choose not to claim a refund on a season ticket.
Can’t they just class refusing a refund as a donation to this.
Old 29th May 2020, 13.44:30   #52-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
"Furthermore, with non-urgent work shut down, we have had to close the Racecourse and furlough all paid staff – denying us sources of income such as the club shop."

Is that strictly true - have they had to furlough all paid staff? Other football clubs appear to be continuing to sell merchandise?
The best idea is to have raffles for limited merchandise.
Have a raffle for a match worn shirt or a signed football or even create a new kit with only 100 being sold so any average item can become a limited edition collectors item.
Old 29th May 2020, 13.44:40   #53-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS

It kinda confirms what we already know, despite having a lot of additional income the current regime has failed. So it’s unlikely that there will be support for this. Spencer and Pete Jones really need to state that they will both stand for re-election at the AGM, that would be a positive move in my opinion
Old 29th May 2020, 13.51:01   #54-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Shouldn't it be UTSTT then??
I think you’re right

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.36:32.