Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st June 2020, 15.04:38   #10-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Vacancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipwilliams View Post
We have a manager, now he will have a chance to get his own players and build his own team so give him a chance to see what he can achieve. If we have any true Wrexham supporters left on this forum get behind your team.
Hahahaha no. The board knew full well massive sections of the fanbase wouldnt support him. He's come in and done poorly leading to even more not backing him.

The bloke is a poison at the club. The cost of retaining him is huge in terms of lost support.

If you want to keep him at the cost of dire football, massively reduced budget and no atmosphere that's up to you.

He's previously failed as a manager with everything possible done to support him. He won't come good with a massively reduced budget and the club divided
Old 1st June 2020, 15.09:01   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Great midfielder - lousy manager.
Old 1st June 2020, 15.33:28   #12-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
We have a manager, now he will have a chance to get his own players and build his own team so give him a chance to see what he can achieve. If we have any true Wrexham supporters left on this forum get behind your team.
Hopefully you have expressed yourself poorly. I think there are vey few on RP not "true" supporters and most of us try to get behind the team on the pitch but it is difficult at times these days to lift the spirits.

There are many shades of opinion on RP and that is not a bad thing. I do not believe the posters that always seem to have a different opinion to me whenever I post are not true supporters. Those few that sometimes agree with me are true supporters as well.

Presumably you were being reasonable and trying to get people together but using the term "true" posters was unfortunate.

The team that is losing support by the minute is not the one on the field.

Regarding the manager, he has the job so to an extent his future is in his own hands, which is more than a lot of fellow supporters can say these days.

My opinion is he is not a suitable manager for a club like ours. He ticks few boxes other than he was fairly decent player for us in non-league.

In particular, he lacks presence and his negative fearful style of play reflects that. He appears to have no tactical nous, He carries baggage because some fans can't ever forgive him for walking out as he did.

I am happy for him to prove me wrong and if there is no change to the off the field team he will have the chance you want him to have.

My concern is more about his bosses. They have more than one chance and
plenty of the continuity JW calls for. I doubt many fans are going cut them any slack but maybe they will DK once the season starts.
Old 1st June 2020, 15.55:25   #13-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
Hopefully you have expressed yourself poorly. I think there are vey few on RP not "true" supporters and most of us try to get behind the team on the pitch but it is difficult at times these days to lift the spirits.

There are many shades of opinion on RP and that is not a bad thing. I do not believe the posters that always seem to have a different opinion to me whenever I post are not true supporters. Those few that sometimes agree with me are true supporters as well.

Presumably you were being reasonable and trying to get people together but using the term "true" posters was unfortunate.

The team that is losing support by the minute is not the one on the field.

Regarding the manager, he has the job so to an extent his future is in his own hands, which is more than a lot of fellow supporters can say these days.

My opinion is he is not a suitable manager for a club like ours. He ticks few boxes other than he was fairly decent player for us in non-league.

In particular, he lacks presence and his negative fearful style of play reflects that. He appears to have no tactical nous, He carries baggage because some fans can't ever forgive him for walking out as he did.

I am happy for him to prove me wrong and if there is no change to the off the field team he will have the chance you want him to have.

My concern is more about his bosses. They have more than one chance and
plenty of the continuity JW calls for. I doubt many fans are going cut them any slack but maybe they will DK once the season starts.
Balanced view that reflects my opinion.

Labelling folk ‘true or false’ is fraught with danger. Most fans just want success on the pitch, but we also like a sense of fairness and respect: instead we see conceit and failure.
Old 1st June 2020, 15.58:28   #14-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit

Quote:
Keates' last summer recrtuitment was 2017/18. For sake of argument let's look at his summer signings from that year in order, since it was a massive rehaul of the squad:

1) James Hurst (released by Dover): Less said about him the better.
2) Shaun Pearson (released by Grimsby): Can't argue he was a quality signing.
3) James Jennings (released by Cheltenham): Had him on loan for the 2nd half of 16/17, he's been a good servant of the club for the past few years though
4) Chris Holroyd (released by Macclesfield): Our top scorer of 17/18 with 13. Thought he was one of the better player of that season but fell out of favour when Ricketts took the manager's job.
5) Sam Wedgbury (released by Forest Green): Good player. Really helped the defence with his dogged performances. We got his last season before injury problems hit him.
6) Christian Dibble (signed from Nuneaton, free): Only ever signed to be a #2, it seemed. Started off quite well but now has a (deserved) reputation of being a dodgy keeper.
7) Jack Mackreth (signed from Bury, undisclosed fee): Didn't really do much for us. Was very much on the downswing in terms of ability when we got him.
8) Manny Smith (signed from Gateshead, free): Can't argue the quality of this signing, either.
9) Marcus Kelly (released by Forest Green): I think Keates saw a little of himself in Kelly (small, left footed centre-mid) but he was played out of position. Wasn't a great signing though.
10) Ntumba Massanka (loan from Burnley): 2nd loan to the club after having him for 6 months at the end of 16/17. Had a good attitude, I thought, but wasn't nearly good enough.
11) Scott Boden (released by Inverness): Didn't perform for us but proved elsewhere he had goals in him.
12) Akil Wright (loan from Fleetwood, turned permanent in Jan.): Has had some good moments but is very inconsistent. Hardly played until Keates left.
13) Kevin Roberts (signed from Halifax, undisclosed fee (rumoured $20,000)): I thought he was good in that first season. Second season he seemed to get worse.
14) Alex Reid (loan from Fleetwood): Started very strongly with 3 goals in 3 games and then never scored again.

I think that's everyone. As expected, good defensive signings but lacking in the fire power.

Last edited by Lods; 1st June 2020 at 16.12:05..
Old 1st June 2020, 16.07:13   #15-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Thankfully for us all being a fan isn't a p***ing contest.
Old 1st June 2020, 16.15:11   #16-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

Quote:
what flipin planet are you on this man has done so much to alienate the fan base , he is absolute poison
Old 2nd June 2020, 09.25:54   #17-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

God help us if and when the season starts we have to witness another season of anti football and listening to Harris drivel on about how he’s the only show in town . No thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 16.40:07   #18-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: sainsbury stand

Get rid of Darlingtons influence, get a competent and
ambitious assistant and l think he would actually do ok.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.14:16.