Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th June 2020, 11.41:07   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Response to the Response to the Demand Change Open Letter

In the interest of addressing the email I've sent the following response.

*Rob or other admins, please feel free to merge or organise the posts how you wish, maybe break them done into individual threads like they were broken down last time?

Dear Lindsay Jones and Peter Jones,

Thank you for your response to the open letter.

I must stress that from the very start of your response I feel that there is an oversight, whether intended or not, about the "frustrations" that supporters of Wrexham AFC feel. The "frustrations" are not merely due to the poor performances this season. Everyone on both boards knows this full well. It even states some of the grievances in the open letter. Some might say that by not even addressing the listed grievances is yet another example of the WST not holding itself and the football club board to account. There needs to be accountability. Yes, we are a football club but pretending that it is just the football that has angered many supporters is problematic when the club is trying to unite the fanbase and is asking for renewed support.

Secondly, I must stress that this response reflects my own views and not those of the 550+ who have signed the open letter. I do feel that not acknowledging the 500+ signatories attained in one week is odd.

As for your response to the changes that the 550+ supporters would like to see, you state that the open letter falls outside of the constitution "as a whole". It does not. Please allow me to elaborate:

Dean Keates - Your response is comparable to the "appeal to ridicule" argumentative technique which I find baffling. No one has suggested that the next football manager be decided by an "X Factor type poll". Why did you feel the need to dismiss the concerns and protests brought about by Dean Keates' re-employment in this way? For clarity though many Wrexham AFC supporters feel that the re-appointment of Dean Keates was a source of great embarrassment to the fans and the club. Wrexham AFC fans are a proud bunch, it is the belief of many that the way Keates left the club meant it was not tolerable for him to return and removes a lot of pride and self-respect that Wrexham AFC should have for itself.
The board were fully aware that huge numbers of the fanbase did not want Keates to return to the club before he was appointed. They are still fully aware that many still do not want him here now. I won't go into too much detail as to the reasons why many have been boycotting but if the two respective boards are not aware of the massive amounts of supporters that won't put money into the club whilst Keates is employed here I will happily explain further. However, let's not pretend that the club board don't know about the ill-feeling and the cost of the loss of support. The open letter calls for the board to consider whether having huge amounts of supporters alienated and divided, a lack of passion for the club and many unwilling to put huge amounts of income into the club is worth retaining Dean Keates' services. Based on his poor managerial record and his statistics, including that he has the worst win percentage of any Wrexham AFC manager since we were relegated into non-league in 2008 I'd argue that his position is untenable. The club has confirmed that they place breakout clauses in contracts, any such clauses would have surely not been met given Keates' and the team's performances this season. As for the next manager should he be removed from his position, equating the disliking of Keates to the need to have a vote on the next appointment of a manager is belittling. Both boards know full well the reasons why many won't support the current management team, those reasons are not transferable to a new manager. The cost of retaining Dean Keates will cut the budget severely. Removing the management team does not fall outside of the constitution.

Advertising for new board members - You've failed to even address this point. Perhaps it was accidentally overlooked as I can't see any logical reason not to support this. I am fully aware that the WST invite board members to run for election however, there is a vast difference between inviting and advertising for potential candidates. I believe that 550+ people asking for the WST to make a consistent and prominent effort to advertise for new board members means it should be acted upon. This also does not fall outside of the constitution. Can I assume that this will be enacted upon?

Removal of Board Members - You may feel that naming individuals to be removed is "intimidatory" however, I would argue that given the many allegations against John Mills that were not sufficiently investigated it is justifiable. I also find that there is an irony in your term of "intimidatory" when I myself have been on the receiving end of what I would define as 'intimation' from a prominent WST board member since writing the open letter. I do agree that the public manner of the open letter isn't quintessential but I had submitted over 80 questions for the Q&A and not received a direct answer in 6 months at the time of writing. Even when pursuing answers on several occasions during those six months I have not received a single answer to a single question and as such have lost confidence with private communication with the WST and club boards.
The decisions may be made as a collective however, the roles of directors at Wrexham AFC are high profile and come with scrutiny attached by default. Spencer Harris is more forthcoming in presenting ideas and decisions and with that comes with more praise and scrutiny for himself as an individual regardless of the role he played in group decisions. There are many stating that they won't put money into the club if Spencer Harris remains a board member, this is very problematic for the club. I am certainly not suggesting that the constitution be abandoned. That is another example of the "appeal to ridicule" argumentative technique. The open letter is addressed and sent to all board members including Spencer Harris. He may decide to resign, just as John Mills has decided to, given the weight of the support behind the open letter. The WST Chairman may also ask for Spencer Harris' resignation. Neither of these actions goes against the constitution.

Groves Training Ground - I am delighted that there will be a vote on the "new" training ground. I assume that plans will be released before any vote is put to the membership. I feel it is also important to present plans for the football strategy going forward. As these directly correlate to the requirements that a new training ground would have. For example, the current training ground is not able to house the youth teams, Wrexham AFC Women, Wrexham in the Community work, a possible reserve team and as such moving to a smaller piece of land at the Groves site must mean there is also no room to house these teams or any of the other requirements that supporters may feel that a new training ground should have. We need to ascertain what footballing aspects will be prioritised and implemented in order to know whether the plans are suitable. There is also no room for future expansion should we play at higher levels. I and many others feel that the proposed training ground does not match the ambition that the club should have. If you wish to discuss this in more detail, I'd be more than happy to do so. I would have thought the club would have consulted supporters about both the footballing strategy going forward and the proposed training ground before anything was agreed upon. Perhaps now is an ideal time to do that? This also does not go against the constitution.

Gateway Process - This proposal does go against the constitution I agree with you. However, at the time of writing the open letter, there was no scheduled AGM and no clarity as to how the coronavirus pandemic would unfold. Investment may have been needed to keep the club from bankruptcy but that is clearly not the case now. Automatic and outright refusal of any investment could have been problematic for the football club. Of course, if changes to the Gateway process are still desirable, I'm sure they'll be put forward at the upcoming AGM.

I thank you for taking the time to respond to the open letter. Despite some claims, it was written with the intent of uniting the fanbase. The club cannot continue divided. I would most certainly be open to hearing any suggestions you may have about how to attain renewed support from alienated, angry and disinterested supporters. I'd also like to hear the WST's ideas about how trust can be restored in the membership as since the time of writing several large loans have come to light that the membership was not informed of. Please do share your thoughts on these issues.

I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards,
Old 5th June 2020, 12.08:35   #2-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Response to the Response to the Demand Change Open Letter

Excellent reply to their selective response.

They still haven't answered the 80 plus questions submitted which speaks volumes as well as avoiding certain things in the open letter.

Lindsay is about as far away from being independent as it gets and should be nowhere near the role given how narrow minded and brain washed he is.
Old 5th June 2020, 12.26:47   #3-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Keep it up, I'm glad the intimidation tactics haven't worked. It's cultural within the upper levels of the WST.
Old 5th June 2020, 12.28:56   #4-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Great work nwd.

I suppose it's asking too much for them to stop playing silly buggers.
Old 5th June 2020, 12.34:27   #5-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Great reply that. Couldn't bring myself to read the clubs feply. Id be dizzy from all the spin. But i think the fact that they have just brushed off a good chunk of fans concerns has made my mind up that i wont be putting another penny in until something has changed
Posted via mobile theme
Old 5th June 2020, 12.35:17   #6-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacthelad View Post
Great reply that. Couldn't bring myself to read the clubs feply. Id be dizzy from all the spin. But i think the fact that they have just brushed off a good chunk of fans concerns has made my mind up that i wont be putting another penny in until something has changed
Posted via mobile theme
Edit.
Yes i will. Ill be putting £12 in for membership to vote against everyone qho ia up for re election
Posted via mobile theme
Old 5th June 2020, 12.36:34   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Great professional response. Stick at it.
Old 5th June 2020, 12.37:45   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Great response. The petition talked of possible ways to unite the fan base. Lindsey's ignorant and rude reply (rant) will do nothing but alienate fans further. This shows that he has not understood a large part of the petitions aims.
Old 5th June 2020, 12.38:58   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacthelad View Post
Edit.
Yes i will. Ill be putting £12 in for membership to vote against everyone qho ia up for re election
Posted via mobile theme
If you weren't recently a member renewing your membership now will not allow you to vote at the upcoming AGM

You have to have been a member for 90 days before the event
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.36:48.