Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th June 2020, 17.45:07   #109-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Fans initiative.. sell out the racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
If you’re asking me if I think the current crisis will have a serious financial impact on the football club, then the answer is yes, absolutely.

From the published updates, we know that we have some monthly costs but no income. We are closed for business and cannot trade, and so have no income from match days, merchandise, use of Racecourse facilities etc. The concert has been cancelled. The National League has made an early payment of next seasons distribution, which means we get less next season. Season ticket sales are delayed. So yes, in my view we need to support fundraising initiatives like this one, if we can.
You say the club hasn't received any income, it has. £216,000 worth of income. Probably more.

We had £1.875 million come into the club from Danny Ward in the last 2 years, where has it gone? We had a minimum £300k ready to build a "new" training ground that could have been available as early as 2020, where has it gone?

There is no definitive "need" to fundraise. I'm be delighted if the WST and the club proved me wrong and decided to have some transparency and tell us where the money has gone, what's in the WST asset account and give us some financial projections. The fact they haven't is very strange
Old 11th June 2020, 19.31:31   #110-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
You say the club hasn't received any income, it has. £216,000 worth of income. Probably more.

We had £1.875 million come into the club from Danny Ward in the last 2 years, where has it gone? We had a minimum £300k ready to build a "new" training ground that could have been available as early as 2020, where has it gone?

There is no definitive "need" to fundraise. I'm be delighted if the WST and the club proved me wrong and decided to have some transparency and tell us where the money has gone, what's in the WST asset account and give us some financial projections. The fact they haven't is very strange
Board probably realise if give breakdown of the Danny Ward money if would highlight more mistakes and we know how they like to hide some money related issues.
Be interesting to know how much spent on security in the Director's box last season.
Old 11th June 2020, 20.47:58   #111-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post

The club can’t trade and earn forecasted income. But it has costs. So there must be a gap and some uncertainty about the future.

I’m not sure you’ve got your facts right on the Danny Ward transfer income. And the training ground figure, is that a line from a budget for future expenditure?
Old 11th June 2020, 20.54:36   #112-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
The club can’t trade and earn forecasted income. But it has costs. So there must be a gap and some uncertainty about the future.

I’m not sure you’ve got your facts right on the Danny Ward transfer income. And the training ground figure, is that a line from a budget for future expenditure?
There would have been a budgeted gap anyway. We don’t received our income equally across the year due to Season Tickets, TV Money and Sponsorship. All of this was still received.
We have lost £250k match day income but received over £200k furlough payments, reduced our wage bill by 20% and don’t have the running costs of the Racecourse
Old 14th June 2020, 20.40:53   #113-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
Marie Curie yes. Spencer/Jones enterprises to fritter away, no.
The crowdfunding Looks like another great initiative by people who care about the club, to raise money for our club.
Unfortunately this name calling and individual insults against individuals is far too personal for many people and I know many who’ve turned off RP for this reason. We have a great club and of course everyone is disappointed how we performed last season, but we all have to remember there is no guarantee of success with appointing people players or managers, and there are very fine dividing lines between success and failure, Ormerods miss at Wembley , & if we’d beaten Orient once we’d have gone up. We can politely have disagreements and WillyWill of course we will politely disagree on a few issues, politics and personalities at WFC , but let’s please not make things personal. Some may disagree with fan ownership model , but where are the sugar daddies , non existent. Take care my friends it’s still interest times and may we all get through this pandemic and get to cheer our beloved WFC soon .
Old 14th June 2020, 21.27:43   #114-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamrob View Post
The crowdfunding Looks like another great initiative by people who care about the club, to raise money for our club.
Unfortunately this name calling and individual insults against individuals is far too personal for many people and I know many who’ve turned off RP for this reason. We have a great club and of course everyone is disappointed how we performed last season, but we all have to remember there is no guarantee of success with appointing people players or managers, and there are very fine dividing lines between success and failure, Ormerods miss at Wembley , & if we’d beaten Orient once we’d have gone up. We can politely have disagreements and WillyWill of course we will politely disagree on a few issues, politics and personalities at WFC , but let’s please not make things personal. Some may disagree with fan ownership model , but where are the sugar daddies , non existent. Take care my friends it’s still interest times and may we all get through this pandemic and get to cheer our beloved WFC soon .
How can you say there are no investors out there if e have made no effort to seek them? Or even simply let it be known we are open to offers?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 14th June 2020, 22.00:20   #115-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

To my knowledge, I have never made a personal attack on any of our officials. But if their business actions have fallen short of our expectations, then something has to be said. After all, these people are meddling with the future of our club.
If I made repeated mistakes at work, my boss is NOT going to be so understanding. He is not going to tell me that I am "a lovely lad".
Going overboard with criticism, would be following officials home or harassing their family, which is despicable.
Wrexhamrob, we need you on RP to balance up the anti board views. When individuals have repeatedly fouled up, just how long do we leave it before removing them?
Old 15th June 2020, 06.35:56   #116-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: GUS

We all have our thoughts and opinions , that’s for sure
It makes me sad that we have so many true fans that no longer attend games
I really wish that we could sort the whole matter out ,on and off the pitch

Well done to those that have contributed the much needed funds £5700

It’s certainly a period in all of our lives that we will never forget , and not for a good reason - Covid 19

We need the board to change their approach and give us all something positive to remember from 2020
Come on Spencer and Co - have a think and make an effort to get everyone back on board

Jester fans are laughing at us and how we never make any progress
Old 15th June 2020, 08.30:02   #117-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathonplny View Post
We all have our thoughts and opinions , that’s for sure
It makes me sad that we have so many true fans that no longer attend games
I really wish that we could sort the whole matter out ,on and off the pitch

Well done to those that have contributed the much needed funds £5700

It’s certainly a period in all of our lives that we will never forget , and not for a good reason - Covid 19

We need the board to change their approach and give us all something positive to remember from 2020
Come on Spencer and Co - have a think and make an effort to get everyone back on board

Jester fans are laughing at us and how we never make any progress
We'll only make progress after a complete change of ownership and when all those currently in charge have left.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.28:45.