Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th June 2020, 18.19:59   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
RobG's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Rob
Twitter: @





Default Wrexham Fans v Lockdown

A group of us are staging a virtual match - Wrexham Fans v Lockdown, since we can’t go to a real Match for a while. It’s purpose is to try to offer a bit of light hearted fun and raise some funds during these uncertain times.

You are welcome to join us on our Facebook group, Wrexham Fans v Lockdown, for this fictitious fixture. And we are also on Twitter, @v_wrexham.

So far, we have a team sheet, programme notes, a virtual ticket, posters, and have even held a virtual minutes silence. There have been a couple of match updates, quite a lot of banter, nostalgia and some great photos shared. Basically this is a bit of lighthearted fun in serious times.

We know times are tough for many of us, but if you could throw us a few pounds, we would be grateful. So far, we have raised over £6,000 which we will be putting into WST funds. A percentage will also go to some local charities.
This is already a fantastic amount, a big thank you to those who have supported us so far. We will try to keep this going for as long as we can and create more content which we hope will at least make you smile.

If you can, please join us and buy a virtual ticket (priced at £2 each) or two at

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfund...zPx-gipVx4g9Rn

Last edited by RobG; 17th June 2020 at 18.22:44..
Old 17th June 2020, 20.37:16   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham Fans v Lockdown

Great going that, well done!
Old 18th June 2020, 06.36:59   #3-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
Hometown Unicorn's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham Fans v Lockdown

I predict lockdown will batter us, 3-0.
Old 18th June 2020, 07.10:47   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Always The Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Paul
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham Fans v Lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn View Post
I predict lockdown will batter us, 3-0.
Wrexham fans in charge of a games outcome …. ha ha we are not going to make us get a battering. You should get involved, it may lighten the mood of fans stuck in the house lots, its been a hard time for many, even if your unable to donate, we would still love to see you engaging, If you saw the team, you would not predict a 3-0 loss.

Its had the backing of various ex players, which has been nice to see and has brought back some classic pictures and incidents at the racecourse.

Hopefully if your on twitter or FB you will take a look, its not been great being a Wrexham fan the last 12 months particularly. At least we can lose ourselves in this virtual game for a week or two.

Who wants chips for a quid ?????

COYR
Old 18th June 2020, 08.05:49   #5-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
Hometown Unicorn's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham Fans v Lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always The Kop View Post
Wrexham fans in charge of a games outcome …. ha ha we are not going to make us get a battering. You should get involved, it may lighten the mood of fans stuck in the house lots, its been a hard time for many, even if your unable to donate, we would still love to see you engaging, If you saw the team, you would not predict a 3-0 loss.

Its had the backing of various ex players, which has been nice to see and has brought back some classic pictures and incidents at the racecourse.

Hopefully if your on twitter or FB you will take a look, its not been great being a Wrexham fan the last 12 months particularly. At least we can lose ourselves in this virtual game for a week or two.

Who wants chips for a quid ?????

COYR
Completely understand your motive and it is admirable, but I do not want to donate any more cash for this board and manager to squander. If significant change is brought about or we are on our last legs and need the cash to survive I will donate but I am in the camp of fans who have simply had enough of the current regime.

I don't mean to piss on anyone's chips (for a quid) though, and I hope it goes well for you guys.
Old 18th June 2020, 08.51:48   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Ruabon Red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea
Real Name: Yes of course I've got a real name
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham Fans v Lockdown

Innovative idea and a good initiative, but unfortunately hijacked by events.

£6,300 raised so far - judging by the comments much of it is on the back of the weekend's violence

`No fan of Wrexham, but even less of a fan of racists. Well in for giving them a good kicking'
`What a club, what an ethos. Smash the fash'
`Thanks for punching Nazis x'
`After the brave Wrexham boys gave the fash a good shoeing in Manchester yesterday.you now have a new fan in me.good luck lads & well done'
`Smash Smash Smash the Fash'
`Smash a Fascist!'
`After yesterday's fash bash my Welsh team!! Hail Hail!!
`Thank you to the Wrexham fans who stood up against the far right yesterday.'
`Bash them all day long'
`United against fascists. Mon the Wrexham, Mon the Hoops '
`Beating up fascists is a great way to elicit good feelings towards you and your club. Greetings from Cardiff. X'
`For bashing the fascists'
`Supporting the club in a small way after hearing how Wrexham fans taught the ignorant fascists a lesson yesterday! ¡No pasarán!'
`Fight the fash. Solidarity from Swindon'
`Smash the fash! From Ireland x'
`If we tolerate this then our children will be next. Well done Wrexham'
`Bash the fash'
`Da iawn ffans Wrecsam - smash the fash. Up the shagging Town'
`From an Arsenal fan, for battering the fascists'
`When Wales is Independent- Wrexham boys can be our military wing !! '
`Hahaha get up the Wrexham yoof. Robinsons boys slapped. Newcastle.'
`uppa reds, you boys give it to em EDL pricks across the border so here’s a little something from Swansea'


Just a selection of comments, they go on and on.
Old 18th June 2020, 09.42:20   #7-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Always The Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Paul
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham Fans v Lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabon Red View Post
Innovative idea and a good initiative, but unfortunately hijacked by events.

£6,300 raised so far - judging by the comments much of it is on the back of the weekend's violence

`No fan of Wrexham, but even less of a fan of racists. Well in for giving them a good kicking'
`What a club, what an ethos. Smash the fash'
`Thanks for punching Nazis x'
`After the brave Wrexham boys gave the fash a good shoeing in Manchester yesterday.you now have a new fan in me.good luck lads & well done'
`Smash Smash Smash the Fash'
`Smash a Fascist!'
`After yesterday's fash bash my Welsh team!! Hail Hail!!
`Thank you to the Wrexham fans who stood up against the far right yesterday.'
`Bash them all day long'
`United against fascists. Mon the Wrexham, Mon the Hoops '
`Beating up fascists is a great way to elicit good feelings towards you and your club. Greetings from Cardiff. X'
`For bashing the fascists'
`Supporting the club in a small way after hearing how Wrexham fans taught the ignorant fascists a lesson yesterday! ¡No pasarán!'
`Fight the fash. Solidarity from Swindon'
`Smash the fash! From Ireland x'
`If we tolerate this then our children will be next. Well done Wrexham'
`Bash the fash'
`Da iawn ffans Wrecsam - smash the fash. Up the shagging Town'
`From an Arsenal fan, for battering the fascists'
`When Wales is Independent- Wrexham boys can be our military wing !! '
`Hahaha get up the Wrexham yoof. Robinsons boys slapped. Newcastle.'
`uppa reds, you boys give it to em EDL pricks across the border so here’s a little something from Swansea'


Just a selection of comments, they go on and on.

Just for some balance, I estimate about £2k came in from ( non Wrexham fans shall we say ) We in no way got involved. All messages of thanks were generic, where as there has in a lot of cases been more personal messages to Wrexham fans donations. We have just carried on with our original initiative based around a virtual game.
Old 18th June 2020, 14.13:27   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Ruabon Red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea
Real Name: Yes of course I've got a real name
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham Fans v Lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always The Kop View Post
Just for some balance, I estimate about £2k came in from ( non Wrexham fans shall we say ) We in no way got involved. All messages of thanks were generic, where as there has in a lot of cases been more personal messages to Wrexham fans donations. We have just carried on with our original initiative based around a virtual game.
Great news that the weekend fashbash swelled the coffers by over 30%
Old 18th June 2020, 14.22:51   #9-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham Fans v Lockdown

So you want fans to continue to fund failure?

Ends in off
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 18th June 2020, 14.23:31   #10-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Superunknown's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Wrexham Fans v Lockdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruabon Red View Post
Great news that the weekend fashbash swelled the coffers by over 30%
Maybe make it an annual thing? Boost the Budget, tie it in with Bash the Fash, get a few quid in.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.01:32.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12