Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th June 2020, 23.46:54   #10-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Default Re: Will you boycott with Keates at the club?

No I'm not unless massive changes are made, unless outside investment is sought, while the Peaky Blinders are destroying what once was a proud club with self interest.

Well done Barrow a manager who plays football.

#ripwrexham
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 17th June 2020 at 23.48:15..
Old 18th June 2020, 00.14:21   #11-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

I’ll still be going as I support Keates and support the club.

I respect that there may be many that disagree but to boycott games because you don’t like the manager to me is extremely over the top.

There’s been a few managers over the years that I haven’t liked but I haven’t even thought about boycotting.

If enough people are genuinely that angry and do boycott then will the club potentially going bust be worth it to you just to get rid of a manager you don’t like?
Old 18th June 2020, 00.23:20   #12-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draig Wrecsam View Post
I’ll still be going as I support Keates and support the club.

I respect that there may be many that disagree but to boycott games because you don’t like the manager to me is extremely over the top.

There’s been a few managers over the years that I haven’t liked but I haven’t even thought about boycotting.

If enough people are genuinely that angry and do boycott then will the club potentially going bust be worth it to you just to get rid of a manager you don’t like?
It's about the whole principle, identity and pride in the club. Remove that and what are we?

If the club goes bust because the heart and soul has been ripped out of the club it won't be the fans fault. It'll be the board members that have delivered apathy, hopelessness and consistent failure.

The board knew full well how unwelcome Keates' reappointment would be, they did it anyway. The board know full well the level of boycotts, lost income and lost support that having Dean Keates at the club holds. If they retain his services and the club folds, the blood will be on their hands. Not the fans.
Old 18th June 2020, 01.16:08   #13-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Yes..let's get Mills or Hughes back

Keates is here now...it is what it is..We have already made numerous changes and nothing has worked..We are no longer in position to start paying off people..
As much as I found it painful and it was the worst season in my 47 years of watching...we always go back for more..It's who we support.

I'm going to give Keates some credit...he kept us up before he left ...left us up the top of the division..has started to bring some decent loan signings in before it all stopped..
The football has been dire but I've seen it all before...
There has to be dialogue and a way forward off the pitch...Simply not putting money in will see the club go bust.
No happy clapper but get real...clubs are on the edge completely...football has no future as it was...we will not be making great signings on good wages...

Wrexham may fight another day and I would say if and when we start again, the team will be made up largely of current contract players and loanees. No marquee signings

I'm surprised this hasn't gone regional divisions.
The board stuff has to be resolved but given the financial circumstances in football I can see some clubs also going back to player/manager roles.

If we kick a ball again ..I'll reserve any judgement on managers until then..It's least of the worries.

You wanted an opinion on Keates...? There you are

Up the Town !!
Old 18th June 2020, 04.24:15   #14-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Season ticket is a no for me. I cant stand the football its awful. Will go to some games and miss many games as i wont be swapping shifts etc like i have been doing.
Old 18th June 2020, 04.38:10   #15-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Yes, and have been for a while.

Spencer, Pete abd the rest of the clowns wont be happy until we are in welsh Prem.
Old 18th June 2020, 05.26:59   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mold road.

I've not been since he took back over and won't go again till we have a new manager and I pay full price in the Mold road so that's £20 per game gone.
Old 18th June 2020, 06.00:15   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
No I'm not unless massive changes are made, unless outside investment is sought, while the Peaky Blinders are destroying what once was a proud club with self interest.

Well done Barrow a manager who plays football.

#ripwrexham
Posted via mobile theme
I can’t even bring myself to write how much over the years Iv written the same content.

Iv said it over and over but not even I thought these idiots would take loans, claim the club has never been ran better, we don’t need investment, we have all the skills we need and whatever jargon they produce.

The club doesn’t need the WST or the current board anymore, it did for a short time but now it needs something else entirely.

Supporting wrexham now supports the current setup not the team, None of the board will be involved in a football team again after this and there is NO COMMUNITY CLUB, the club isn’t fan owned you pay for these idiots to do whatever they like.
Old 18th June 2020, 06.04:23   #18-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Most people see the board as being the main issue with the club though right? But you are boycotting because of Keates? So if Keates left but the board remained you'd come back?

Football is an entertainment at the end of the day and if you don't like the product you are well in your rights to stay away. But for me its the wrong focus.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.44:14.