Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th June 2020, 10.52:07   #82-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Kop land bought by Welsh Gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham's Patrick Bateman View Post
Of course it isn't.. The WAG, have finally decided to allocate some money to Wrexham..
A gateway to the town. Fortunately for us, it goes right past our delapadated kop.
To be hoped that the funds stretch to improving the road/rail bridge which was identified years ago as a bottleneck on entering the town.
WAG have spent (Gateway) money in the past when the new paving and lighting was installed. This next funding input will be a good deal more and should improve the surrounds of the station.
Old 21st June 2020, 06.46:35   #83-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Forgive my ignorance , but where is it stated or suggested anywhere that the club will be able to build a stand on the kop at any point , have any plans been seen regards the future . Where does the money come from .
Old 21st June 2020, 07.25:25   #84-0 (permalink)
Legend

Oh i've had a look , but believe it when i see it .
Old 21st June 2020, 09.35:52   #85-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsussexred View Post
To be fair, Ken Skates has been involved in this for a long time.
We started a campaign to save the land behind the kop back in May 2015, which was independent of the Trust and club, because the land itself was politically and commercially sensitive.
We tried to get a number of different organisations interested in buying the land, who were sympathetic to the club, in the hope that at least a part of the land could be saved and a number of fans (independent of the club for the reasons I have mentioned) even met one of these organisations at The Racecourse, but after consultation within, that organisation decided that the land was not suitable. From memory, I think that we received pledges of up to £20k from a number of fans, but as the land was up for £1million, then this was obviously not enough to move forward and so a number of us started to lobby WAG, the council, FAW and the media etc and received responses from Ken Skates and Mike Williams amongst others. They said that they believed that the land should be saved and that they would do whatever they could to make this happen. I seem to remember Ken Skates also said that he was doing whatever he could to save the land in a newspaper interview back in 2015. I think that the club and trust were in a difficult position back then and were not able to make their position known in public as they have needed to remain a lot more discrete for obvious reasons.
With the Wrexham Gateway being such a large project, I would imagine that this has taken a great deal of work by a lot of people, both inside and outside of the club to bring to this to fruition.
Great news for sure.

I just hope they keep Wrexham town planners well away from the project!

Over the years they have managed to take a great little market town with some lovely fasades (like around the old veg market) and turned it into a souless place and where you have to be a long distance walker to get from one shopping area to the next............
Old 21st June 2020, 09.51:25   #86-0 (permalink)
Legend

This seems to happen a lot , take the business out of the centre of a town , but the town loses it's character and soul , big mistake .
Old 22nd June 2020, 05.02:37   #87-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
This seems to happen a lot , take the business out of the centre of a town , but the town loses it's character and soul , big mistake .
First you are unhappy that there is no stand,then you don’t believe it will happen and finally you don’t like the concept for the town careless if it benefits the club - does that cover it ?
Old 22nd June 2020, 06.26:46   #88-0 (permalink)
Legend

Bored are we .
Old 22nd June 2020, 06.33:14   #89-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
Bored are we .
agreed
Old 22nd June 2020, 11.59:54   #90-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colomiers Phoenix View Post
this is very good news, furlough the bitterness for goodness sakes.
Its about time you gave this username some air time, its been a while..

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.40:14.