RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115808-correction-new-wst-members-can-not-vote-agm.html)

northwalian dragon 20th June 2020 16.33:24

CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

"In regards to the membership I have to apologise as I was under the misunderstanding that the 90 day rule was for members joining - and not voting. However, the election policy clear states -

9. Eligibility to Vote
9.1 Members who have been members of the society at least 90 days prior to the closing date for nominations are eligible to vote in an election to the Society Board. Providing their membership is no more than six weeks in arrears prior to the date of the nomination."

Pete Jones has clarified that new WST members can NOT vote at the upcoming AGM

Credit where it's due though Pete Jones' communication with myself has been great. He's been open to questioning, responded promptly and his tone has been welcoming. If only everyone else at the club took a leaf out of Pete's book

FieldtownRed 20th June 2020 16.41:02

Re: CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

Second that. Emailed him about the rogue tweets and he was more than happy to explain and apologise for the tweet following the manchester incident.

In comparison, The secretary hasn’t replied to an email I sent a week ago.

Inside Left 20th June 2020 17.01:24

Members - Just read the rules and understand how the trust works. Dont rely on duff posts on any form of social media.

Jaded 20th June 2020 18.38:27

Thanks for the clarification, NWD.

Woody 21st June 2020 09.00:38

I think this is disappointing, at a time when the club should try and engage with the fanbase, encourage change we have a daft 90 day rule. What’s the point? Surely better to be putting out the message to welcome everyone to join wst and vote for a new progressive future. This could have been a great time to boost membership but I think the rule is in place to discourage change. I don’t see how waiting 90 days to vote is a positive, you’ve paid your cash so you deserve to vote immediately.
I was an elapsed member, I’ve joined again last week only because I want to vote for drastic changes, never mind I’ll get over it

dragonspark 21st June 2020 09.05:15

perhaps giving the boards time to cover up any discrepancies

Woody 21st June 2020 09.18:19

and credit to NWD for communication, I seem to get more info from him than from the WST. You don’t always have to agree but open discussion is a good thing.

cardiffred 21st June 2020 09.22:56

[QUOTE=Woody;2365860]I think this is disappointing, at a time when the club should try and engage with the fanbase, encourage change we have a daft 90 day rule. What’s the point? Surely better to be putting out the message to welcome everyone to join wst and vote for a new progressive future. This could have been a great time to boost membership but I think the rule is in place to discourage change. I don’t see how waiting 90 days to vote is a positive, you’ve paid your cash so you deserve to vote immediately.
I was an elapsed member, I’ve joined again last week only because I want to vote for drastic changes, never mind I’ll get over it[/QUOTE]

The 90 day rule is there for protection. It stops any Tom, Dick and Harry joining up on the day and causing havoc. In my opinion, it's necessary.

People, though, don't realise (or don't care) that by stopping being members they lose their right to vote and have a say. In a fan ownership model, that's catastrophic because you are always left with the status quo.

Jaded 21st June 2020 09.24:15

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2365868]

People, though, don't realise (or don't care) that by stopping being members they lose their right to vote and have a say. In a fan ownership model, that's catastrophic because you are always left with the status quo.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is that with motions not being acted on if the board don't like them, it doesn't feel like members have a say either way!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.31:14.