Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th June 2020, 16.33:24   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
northwalian dragon's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

"In regards to the membership I have to apologise as I was under the misunderstanding that the 90 day rule was for members joining - and not voting. However, the election policy clear states -

9. Eligibility to Vote
9.1 Members who have been members of the society at least 90 days prior to the closing date for nominations are eligible to vote in an election to the Society Board. Providing their membership is no more than six weeks in arrears prior to the date of the nomination."

Pete Jones has clarified that new WST members can NOT vote at the upcoming AGM

Credit where it's due though Pete Jones' communication with myself has been great. He's been open to questioning, responded promptly and his tone has been welcoming. If only everyone else at the club took a leaf out of Pete's book
__________________
KEATES OUT.
Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2020, 16.41:02   #2-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
FieldtownRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

Second that. Emailed him about the rogue tweets and he was more than happy to explain and apologise for the tweet following the manchester incident.

In comparison, The secretary hasn’t replied to an email I sent a week ago.
Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2020, 17.01:24   #3-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

Members - Just read the rules and understand how the trust works. Dont rely on duff posts on any form of social media.
Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2020, 18.38:27   #4-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Jaded's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

Thanks for the clarification, NWD.
Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2020, 09.00:38   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Woody's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Woody
Twitter: @





Default Re: CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

I think this is disappointing, at a time when the club should try and engage with the fanbase, encourage change we have a daft 90 day rule. Whatís the point? Surely better to be putting out the message to welcome everyone to join wst and vote for a new progressive future. This could have been a great time to boost membership but I think the rule is in place to discourage change. I donít see how waiting 90 days to vote is a positive, youíve paid your cash so you deserve to vote immediately.
I was an elapsed member, Iíve joined again last week only because I want to vote for drastic changes, never mind Iíll get over it
Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2020, 09.05:15   #6-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

perhaps giving the boards time to cover up any discrepancies
Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2020, 09.18:19   #7-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Woody's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Woody
Twitter: @





Default Re: CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

and credit to NWD for communication, I seem to get more info from him than from the WST. You don’t always have to agree but open discussion is a good thing.
Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2020, 09.22:56   #8-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
cardiffred's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name: Gareth Davies





Default Re: CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
I think this is disappointing, at a time when the club should try and engage with the fanbase, encourage change we have a daft 90 day rule. Whatís the point? Surely better to be putting out the message to welcome everyone to join wst and vote for a new progressive future. This could have been a great time to boost membership but I think the rule is in place to discourage change. I donít see how waiting 90 days to vote is a positive, youíve paid your cash so you deserve to vote immediately.
I was an elapsed member, Iíve joined again last week only because I want to vote for drastic changes, never mind Iíll get over it
The 90 day rule is there for protection. It stops any Tom, Dick and Harry joining up on the day and causing havoc. In my opinion, it's necessary.

People, though, don't realise (or don't care) that by stopping being members they lose their right to vote and have a say. In a fan ownership model, that's catastrophic because you are always left with the status quo.
Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2020, 09.24:15   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Jaded's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post

People, though, don't realise (or don't care) that by stopping being members they lose their right to vote and have a say. In a fan ownership model, that's catastrophic because you are always left with the status quo.
I think the problem is that with motions not being acted on if the board don't like them, it doesn't feel like members have a say either way!
Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2020, 09.25:18   #10-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Woody's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Woody
Twitter: @





Default Re: CORRECTION: New WST members can NOT vote at the AGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
The 90 day rule is there for protection. It stops any Tom, Dick and Harry joining up on the day and causing havoc. In my opinion, it's necessary.

People, though, don't realise (or don't care) that by stopping being members they lose their right to vote and have a say. In a fan ownership model, that's catastrophic because you are always left with the status quo.
When you say ďcausing havocď what do you mean? having a vote?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.18:44.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12