Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: How would you like the future ownership of Wrexham AFC to be?
WST 100% Control 30 12.10%
WST Part Ownership 146 58.87%
Full Sale 68 27.42%
Other. Please State. 4 1.61%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st June 2020, 17.15:04   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Club Ownership

if the board were to see the results of this poll so far i am sure they would view it as a victory for them, 78 votes for wst part ownership, this club is doomed but that is democracy
Old 21st June 2020, 17.42:05   #42-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
if the board were to see the results of this poll so far i am sure they would view it as a victory for them, 78 votes for wst part ownership, this club is doomed but that is democracy
I am happy for us supporters ha ha to maintain a degree of ownership through the WST providing any 0prospective investor can take in excess of50% of the shares if they wish.
Old 21st June 2020, 18.22:39   #43-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

i can see why there would be a desire from fans for the wst to retain some ownership, i fully understand, my worry is that any plausible investor is not going to entertain that, a worry i have had for years and with certain events and mismanagement details surfacing, undoubtably more to follow, i honestly feel that will scare investors away and we will sink even lower, i pray to god not but the track record leaves a lot to be desired
Old 21st June 2020, 18.36:41   #44-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
i can see why there would be a desire from fans for the wst to retain some ownership, i fully understand, my worry is that any plausible investor is not going to entertain that, a worry i have had for years and with certain events and mismanagement details surfacing, undoubtably more to follow, i honestly feel that will scare investors away and we will sink even lower, i pray to god not but the track record leaves a lot to be desired
You're right. If I was buying the club, I would want 100% or nothing
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st June 2020, 18.50:50   #45-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Iíve always promoted duality from before the takeover but I can never see it happening.

I can really only see two futures, one where the current model persists and one where a downturn in financial fortune forces a change.

Itís all or nothing for this leadership, they wonít share or seek to share - it would be the ideal outcome but they canít or wonít see it.
Old 21st June 2020, 18.52:30   #46-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Part ownership is just nonsense. And the worst thing is most people who respond to the club's poll will say that's their ideal model. The club will present that information to any prospective investor and they will say "Thanks, but no thanks". Why would anyone pump money into a business that's infamous for wasting money, and not even have full control over how it's spent?
Old 21st June 2020, 19.48:30   #47-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I suppose it depends on the share ownership?

I couldn't support WST having ownership of anymore than 30%.

I couldn't support the WST board carrying on in it's current guise.

I couldn't support members of the current club board being on a mixed board.

All of which kills the whole idea stone dead.
Old 21st June 2020, 20.09:03   #48-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

I may as well throw in my thee penny worth.

If I was the one to take the majority ownership with WST having say their 40% share there is no way the trust board would tell me who would sit on MY board and all decisions would be taken by me and my cronies.
Does anyone here not understand that?
Old 21st June 2020, 20.17:42   #49-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

If I was investing I wouldnít go anywhere near us without a clear out and Iíd make them get rid of Keates and Darlington first out the current owners budget. Then I would take over with my own man, no perspective owner should pay for the previous owners Balls upís.
Old 21st June 2020, 20.20:23   #50-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
I may as well throw in my thee penny worth.

If I was the one to take the majority ownership with WST having say their 40% share there is no way the trust board would tell me who would sit on MY board and all decisions would be taken by me and my cronies.
Does anyone here not understand that?
There would be a shareholders agreement which would stipulate how many board members the WST could put forwards. There is no way you would own 60% and control everything and all of it
So....does anyone here not understand that? Seems it is just you that doesnít understand it!!!!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.45:21.