Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: How would you like the future ownership of Wrexham AFC to be?
WST 100% Control 30 12.10%
WST Part Ownership 146 58.87%
Full Sale 68 27.42%
Other. Please State. 4 1.61%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd June 2020, 13.33:08   #64-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Club Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Firstly it depends on the share structure, majority shareholding gives voting rights but does not render other shareholders protectionless. Over 20% gives the ability to injunct for example should actions be deemed not to be in the interests of the whole. Worth noting that Directors legal responsibiltiies are for all shareholders not just the 51% so there is legal protection in fidiciary duty to protect minority holders as well (there are plenty of legal examples where fiduciary duty has been breached by a majority holder).

There are also complexities in the make up of the majority shareholding, if its one individual then its cleaner but if its an incorporated body then they may also have sub sets of shareholders that may not have 51% of the holding company voting rights.

My own scenario is one where 3 of us hold the overall majority but none of us over 50% so 2 of us always have to agree to get a majority which means protection by duality and better decision making.

Therefore a good outcome could be deemed to be a consortium of 3, however another good outcome could be trusted partner (which worked well for Brentford) and control transfered over time. There is not necessarilly a black and white solution that is perfect, its all about the parties, the trust between them and the challenge presented.

In this case I think a capital injection in excess of £1m in needed to re-capitalise the company, provide effective short to medium term working capital as well as returning the infrastructure and working environment to something that could deliver long term, sustainable success. Could this be done by one individual, potentially, could it be better served by a group, also potentially. A lot depends on who is willing and available and what they bring to the party.

If I was to liquidate assets for example I'd be far happier to share the burden than to take it on 100% because I'd be sensible enough to know my capital limitiations. So if one person became available who had a net worth of £15-£20m then you could argue they could be the best option, however its likely to be more achievable to get 3 people worth £5m each.

Minimum I would say is someone needs to be able to write off in the short to medium term 10% of their capitalised worth to turn this thing around.

The big challenge is finding people who are liquid enoth, there are plenty of people with the sort of net worth that could on paper be seen to afford it but not as many who have the funds in capitalised form that is needed.
Thanks for the reply BV. Helps to put some options on the table. Personally think the Wimbledon method is quite good.
Old 22nd June 2020, 13.38:31   #65-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

So, do we think there is a buyer looming?
Old 22nd June 2020, 14.07:08   #66-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
It's not my forecast regarding mass unemployment it's inevitable.
Posted via mobile theme
Define mass unemployment. No one knows the numbers and therefore no one knows the fall out from it.
Old 22nd June 2020, 14.19:52   #67-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Define mass unemployment. No one knows the numbers and therefore no one knows the fall out from it.

Define mass highest since after the war even since Thatcher in the 80s.... It's not my forecast it's what I've read... You're forgetting lots of people on furlough at the moment everything is rosey, but businesses are losing money hand over fist, this countries main employment since Thatcher & Blair is in the financial markets of London, the North is mainly in poorly paid bars, restaurants,shops, leisure etc etc...
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd June 2020, 14.33:22   #68-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

I think a buyer will need to be in place before football resumes to attract a decent player to the club,as it is now only the bottom of the barrel player would come here. Last resort.
Old 22nd June 2020, 14.56:07   #69-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale

I voted full sale but on the basis the club is sold to some sort of consortium with local links.
Old 22nd June 2020, 15.19:58   #70-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Unless a cure is a found to the virus it cannot be, lots of clubs in the lower leagues could hold under.
Posted via mobile theme
Depends if you believe all the hype and scaremongering I suppose.
Old 22nd June 2020, 15.45:46   #71-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Depends if you believe all the hype and scaremongering I suppose.

Yes 42000 deaths is just a drop in the ocean just scare mongering, tell that's to the relatives of those who have died because of an inept government.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd June 2020, 16.15:01   #72-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Yes 42000 deaths is just a drop in the ocean just scare mongering, tell that's to the relatives of those who have died because of an inept government.
Posted via mobile theme
They are your words not mine.

None of this means football won't return to normal.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.03:27.