Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd June 2020, 22.12:52   #11-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: SAINSBURY STAND
Real Name: PETER ROBINSON
Twitter: @





Default New Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
More questions...

Has anyone put any funding up as yet to build the new stand?

Has anyone put any funding up as yet for a port-a-loo at the nine acre?

Surely basic facilities for our professional stars are higher up the SMART pyramid than a new empty stand to have photos taken outside - The Spencer Harris End anyone?
"The Spencer Harris End anyone" I think that the " End of Spencer Harris" sounds more acceptable.
Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2020, 22.21:15   #12-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
red under the bed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
It's more to do with getting full international football status back isn't it?
I would say that is exactly the purpose.
There hasn't been 15k for a league game for about 40 years
Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2020, 22.32:46   #13-0 (permalink)
joe
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: New stand

Probably look something similar to the Kop at Tranmere or Cheadle End at Stockport going by what they’re getting at.
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2020, 00.52:15   #14-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
gazwxm's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS dead centre
Real Name: Gareth
Twitter: @





Default Re: New stand

I’ve always though the main stand behind the goal at Wokings ground would be something we could have, no idea how much it holds. We’ll probably see something more grand with a hotel/museum planned
__________________
Who needs Drogba when you've got Pogba!!
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2020, 05.57:32   #15-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
moynkeepthefaith's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: New stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
More questions...

Has anyone put any funding up as yet to build the new stand?

Has anyone put any funding up as yet for a port-a-loo at the nine acre?

Surely basic facilities for our professional stars are higher up the SMART pyramid than a new empty stand to have photos taken outside - The Spencer Harris End anyone?
Is it so difficult to see that this is unrelated and an international initiative from Wales ? This has been successfully lobbied for on the basis of somehow redressing the sporting imbalance between South and North Wales. Funding will have to be gained on the same level while the club deals with its own internal matters. I am sure you will make some unfunny comment about our and the much maligned Spencer’s inability to do so but try and separate the two if you can ?
Hopefully if successful the club will benefit alongside the long suffering wales fans who have to make the tortuous journey south to support their team.
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2020, 06.28:33   #16-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: New stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Is it so difficult to see that this is unrelated and an international initiative from Wales ? This has been successfully lobbied for on the basis of somehow redressing the sporting imbalance between South and North Wales. Funding will have to be gained on the same level while the club deals with its own internal matters. I am sure you will make some unfunny comment about our and the much maligned Spencer’s inability to do so but try and separate the two if you can ?
Hopefully if successful the club will benefit alongside the long suffering wales fans who have to make the tortuous journey south to support their team.
Has any funding been put in place for the new stand then?
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2020, 06.31:22   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Real Name: nev
Twitter: @





Default Re: New stand

Do people think they will have the big games at the Racecourse , i would doubt it , just friendlies and under 21s more like . When you have Swans and Cardiff clubs with bigger capacity , they won't bother losing money up here .
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2020, 07.01:10   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
FieldtownRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: New stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
Do people think they will have the big games at the Racecourse , i would doubt it , just friendlies and under 21s more like . When you have Swans and Cardiff clubs with bigger capacity , they won't bother losing money up here .
Completely agree. The majority of games will continue to be played at the CCS. They may switch friendlies against top 10 sides to the Millenium Stadium but we'll be competing with Swansea and possibly the Llanelli stadium for lower class friendlies.

Other than that it will only be full for big cup games or promotion deciders - stop laughing at the back!
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2020, 07.09:45   #19-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Completely agree. The majority of games will continue to be played at the CCS. They may switch friendlies against top 10 sides to the Millenium Stadium but we'll be competing with Swansea and possibly the Llanelli stadium for lower class friendlies.

Other than that it will only be full for big cup games or promotion deciders - stop laughing at the back!
I’m sure a big relegation 6 pointer against Porthmadog in the Welsh Premier will fill it.
Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2020, 08.27:07   #20-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
NottsRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: New stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Completely agree. The majority of games will continue to be played at the CCS. They may switch friendlies against top 10 sides to the Millenium Stadium but we'll be competing with Swansea and possibly the Llanelli stadium for lower class friendlies.

Other than that it will only be full for big cup games or promotion deciders - stop laughing at the back!
^This^

If and its and big if we got a decent run of form going and looked likely to go up then you could see us pushing 6 to 7 thousand possibly slightly more.

Getting into L2 though we really could push the attendances with the amount of local derbies we would have.

Wales games though we are going to get the scraps at best.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.01:43.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12