RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New stand (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115813-new-stand.html)

Leighton Red 22nd June 2020 19.16:58

New stand

What should it look like?! We know the suggestion is for 5k all-seater and there’s a rumour of a 4 star hotel being involved in the gateway project... There are some artists out there.. So what should the new kop look like?!

138+NotOut 22nd June 2020 19.22:09

Re: New stand

Considering the Yale holds 5,500ish when full and it's approx half the width it's going to have to be a pretty big stand

Wrecsam91 22nd June 2020 19.32:02

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2366203]Considering the Yale holds 5,500ish when full and it's approx half the width it's going to have to be a pretty big stand[/QUOTE]

i was led to believe the yale stand had a capacity of around 4400 if you want an idea of 5000 seats think of the stand at prenton park behind the goal at tranmere

Leighton Red 22nd June 2020 19.35:34

Gateway Mega Stand!! Hilton hotel built-in just like MK Dons stadium....Someone wake me up I’m dreaming!!

Back of the Kop 22nd June 2020 19.41:36

[QUOTE=138+NotOut;2366203]Considering the Yale holds 5,500ish when full and it's approx half the width it's going to have to be a pretty big stand[/QUOTE]

The Yale holds circa 4,500 but agree, a 5,000 capacity stand behind a goal is going to be large.

To give it some perspective, the new Kop stand will hold the same as the Divvy holds in total

northwalian dragon 22nd June 2020 19.43:05

Safe standing & great acoustics

Leighton Red 22nd June 2020 20.15:13

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2366209]The Yale holds circa 4,500 but agree, a 5,000 capacity stand behind a goal is going to be large.

To give it some perspective, the new Kop stand will hold the same as the Divvy holds in total[/QUOTE]

Great point...well made!!

willyheckerslike 22nd June 2020 20.39:47

We need a 5000 capacity stand on the kop like a reindeer needs a hat rack! Don't get me wrong, I am pleased that we have control of the site via our involvement with WAG, WCBC and Glyndwr Uni but we will be rattling round in a 15k capacity stadium for years with gates of 4k if we're lucky, cos I can't see our current muppets on and off the pitch getting us anywhere near league 2 let alone any higher!

LlayDragon 22nd June 2020 20.42:33

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2366216]We need a 5000 capacity stand on the kop like a reindeer needs a hat rack! Don't get me wrong, I am pleased that we have control of the site via our involvement with WAG, WCBC and Glyndwr Uni but we will be rattling round in a 15k capacity stadium for years with gates of 4k if we're lucky, cos I can't see our current muppets on and off the pitch getting us anywhere near league 2 let alone any higher![/QUOTE]

It's more to do with getting full international football status back isn't it?

Percy Sugden 22nd June 2020 21.00:01

More questions...

Has anyone put any funding up as yet to build the new stand?

Has anyone put any funding up as yet for a port-a-loo at the nine acre?

Surely basic facilities for our professional stars are higher up the SMART pyramid than a new empty stand to have photos taken outside - The Spencer Harris End anyone?

quaydragon 22nd June 2020 22.12:52

New Stand

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2366219]More questions...

Surely basic facilities for our professional stars are higher up the SMART pyramid than a new empty stand to have photos taken outside - The Spencer Harris End anyone?[/QUOTE]

"The Spencer Harris End anyone" I think that the " End of Spencer Harris" sounds more acceptable.

red under the bed 22nd June 2020 22.21:15

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2366217]It's more to do with getting full international football status back isn't it?[/QUOTE]

I would say that is exactly the purpose.
There hasn't been 15k for a league game for about 40 years

joe 22nd June 2020 22.32:46

Probably look something similar to the Kop at Tranmere or Cheadle End at Stockport going by what they’re getting at.

gazwxm 23rd June 2020 00.52:15

I’ve always though the main stand behind the goal at Wokings ground would be something we could have, no idea how much it holds. We’ll probably see something more grand with a hotel/museum planned

moynkeepthefaith 23rd June 2020 05.57:32

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2366219]More questions...

Surely basic facilities for our professional stars are higher up the SMART pyramid than a new empty stand to have photos taken outside - The Spencer Harris End anyone?[/QUOTE]

Is it so difficult to see that this is unrelated and an international initiative from Wales ? This has been successfully lobbied for on the basis of somehow redressing the sporting imbalance between South and North Wales. Funding will have to be gained on the same level while the club deals with its own internal matters. I am sure you will make some unfunny comment about our and the much maligned Spencer’s inability to do so but try and separate the two if you can ?
Hopefully if successful the club will benefit alongside the long suffering wales fans who have to make the tortuous journey south to support their team.

Percy Sugden 23rd June 2020 06.28:33

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2366233]Is it so difficult to see that this is unrelated and an international initiative from Wales ? This has been successfully lobbied for on the basis of somehow redressing the sporting imbalance between South and North Wales. Funding will have to be gained on the same level while the club deals with its own internal matters. I am sure you will make some unfunny comment about our and the much maligned Spencer’s inability to do so but try and separate the two if you can ?
Hopefully if successful the club will benefit alongside the long suffering wales fans who have to make the tortuous journey south to support their team.[/QUOTE]

Has any funding been put in place for the new stand then?

CRUMBS 23rd June 2020 06.31:22

Do people think they will have the big games at the Racecourse , i would doubt it , just friendlies and under 21s more like . When you have Swans and Cardiff clubs with bigger capacity , they won't bother losing money up here .

FieldtownRed 23rd June 2020 07.01:10

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2366236]Do people think they will have the big games at the Racecourse , i would doubt it , just friendlies and under 21s more like . When you have Swans and Cardiff clubs with bigger capacity , they won't bother losing money up here .[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. The majority of games will continue to be played at the CCS. They may switch friendlies against top 10 sides to the Millenium Stadium but we'll be competing with Swansea and possibly the Llanelli stadium for lower class friendlies.

Other than that it will only be full for big cup games or promotion deciders - stop laughing at the back!

Foxy 23rd June 2020 07.09:45

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2366239]Completely agree. The majority of games will continue to be played at the CCS. They may switch friendlies against top 10 sides to the Millenium Stadium but we'll be competing with Swansea and possibly the Llanelli stadium for lower class friendlies.

Other than that it will only be full for big cup games or promotion deciders - stop laughing at the back![/QUOTE]

I’m sure a big relegation 6 pointer against Porthmadog in the Welsh Premier will fill it.

NottsRed 23rd June 2020 08.27:07

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2366239]Completely agree. The majority of games will continue to be played at the CCS. They may switch friendlies against top 10 sides to the Millenium Stadium but we'll be competing with Swansea and possibly the Llanelli stadium for lower class friendlies.

Other than that it will only be full for big cup games or promotion deciders - stop laughing at the back![/QUOTE]

^This^

If and its and big if we got a decent run of form going and looked likely to go up then you could see us pushing 6 to 7 thousand possibly slightly more.

Getting into L2 though we really could push the attendances with the amount of local derbies we would have.

Wales games though we are going to get the scraps at best.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 23rd June 2020 08.57:15

Nahh.. The Welsh FA won't let us use Colliers.. Why should we let them use the Racecourse.

red under the bed 23rd June 2020 11.23:38

Be used and good for friendly international games,concerts and maybe get the odd rugby again...What's the problem? Failing that keep the weeds on the Kop growing for another ten years

John Neals Dynasty 23rd June 2020 11.35:48

So who is actually paying for the new stand?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hometown Unicorn 23rd June 2020 11.39:29

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2366294]So who is actually paying for the new stand?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I am.

CRUMBS 23rd June 2020 11.41:49

It's coming out of the Ward transfer money .

John Neals Dynasty 23rd June 2020 12.06:41

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2366296]It's coming out of the Ward transfer money .[/QUOTE]

Hahaha to build a new stand it's in the millions along with getting rid of the old

CRUMBS 23rd June 2020 12.08:43

I was jesting .

WrexhamO 23rd June 2020 12.09:26

It'll be a 2-tier stand to fit the wheelchair viewing platforms that Spencer said would be the best in Europe.
And executive boxes.

Hometown Unicorn 23rd June 2020 16.31:41

Safe standing or it gets knocked down.

John Neals Dynasty 23rd June 2020 18.27:00

[QUOTE=CRUMBS;2366305]I was jesting .[/QUOTE]

I know you was hence the hahaha

Todd Sweeney 24th June 2020 16.41:00

Single tier, safe standing, 5,000 capacity, modern facilities would be the dream.

Haruki 24th June 2020 19.44:57

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2366625]Single tier, safe standing, 5,000 capacity, modern facilities would be the dream.[/QUOTE]

Two tier makes it easier to fit in some corporate facilities as well as give a good placing to disabled platforms (at the front of tier 2)
Totally agree with you on safe standing

moynkeepthefaith 25th June 2020 08.50:44

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2366306]It'll be a 2-tier stand to fit the wheelchair viewing platforms that Spencer said would be the best in Europe.
And executive boxes.[/QUOTE]

Serious ?

Quay Red 25th June 2020 09.01:41

[QUOTE=Haruki;2366672]Two tier makes it easier to fit in some corporate facilities as well as give a good placing to disabled platforms (at the front of tier 2)
Totally agree with you on safe standing[/QUOTE]

This makes the most sense. Top tier could be closed whenever low crowds dictate.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to incorporate new changing rooms and offices which would enable redevelopment of the Yale (B concepts stand)
Only downside would be the loss of the massive floodlights.

RHYLRED 25th June 2020 09.45:39

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2366736]This makes the most sense. Top tier could be closed whenever low crowds dictate.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to incorporate new changing rooms and offices which would enable redevelopment of the Yale (B concepts stand)
Only downside would be the loss of the massive floodlights.[/QUOTE]

Stick them on top and when the International Space Station passes they can change the bulbs.

ugarte007 26th June 2020 21.57:28

Only brand new stadiums appear to attract higher crowds. A new stand with the standard of our current facilities seems crazy. Just my take on it but I hope I’m wrong.

Percy Sugden 26th June 2020 22.04:35

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2367105]Only brand new stadiums appear to attract higher crowds. A new stand with the standard of our current facilities seems crazy. Just my take on it but I hope I’m wrong.[/QUOTE]

You clearly haven’t been to “Jonesy’s bar”. 10/10 for a quality slab of concrete complete with a stainless shelf.

Red Light 26th June 2020 23.21:58

Does anyone recall the drawings / images of the stand which should have been constructed around the time of the flats ? Based on Headingly RFC - seem to recall a two tier example which has far more benefits than a single tier version.

It should be hoped that now the area of ground between the existing kop and Crispin Lane has been secured by the Welsh Government then options are better to add other facilities - we surely should be looking at something more than just a facility that is used solely on occasional match days - be it office space, Conferencing facilities, a large gym and fitness centre (imagine that - our very own club gym and leisure centre facility), the museum has previously been suggested or even a hotel as at Bloomfield Road, Blackpool - we need people with imagination to harness ideas that can catapult us back into the modern world and for once overtake those many clubs who have moved on whilst we have stood still for what is in effect decades.

Just putting up a single tier stand, a tin box with seats and nothing else is surely a backward step - there wont be a second chance and we have waited far, far too long already so lets get it right.

aussiejackoinsaudi 27th June 2020 02.51:28

[QUOTE=Red Light;2367113]Does anyone recall the drawings / images of the stand which should have been constructed around the time of the flats ? Based on Headingly RFC - seem to recall a two tier example which has far more benefits than a single tier version.

It should be hoped that now the area of ground between the existing kop and Crispin Lane has been secured by the Welsh Government then options are better to add other facilities - we surely should be looking at something more than just a facility that is used solely on occasional match days - be it office space, Conferencing facilities, a large gym and fitness centre (imagine that - our very own club gym and leisure centre facility), the museum has previously been suggested or even a hotel as at Bloomfield Road, Blackpool - we need people with imagination to harness ideas that can catapult us back into the modern world and for once overtake those many clubs who have moved on whilst we have stood still for what is in effect decades.

Just putting up a single tier stand, a tin box with seats and nothing else is surely a backward step - there wont be a second chance and we have waited far, far too long already so lets get it right.[/QUOTE]

Will we actually have the opportunity to make extra money. Yes I presume we will have a lease on the stand but we won't own anything ( facilities ) that go with the stand. I am presuming the Welsh Government is not gifting the land to the club.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.28:15.