Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th June 2020, 17.50:35   #109-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End
Twitter: @

Default Re: Official 'survey' launched ' to 'gauge our Members opinions on a potential sale of the club'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
If it was run properly it would be irrelevant because it would fund itself. Don't try and find excuses for them, there isn't any.

Its reputation in this area is terrible. Go and speak to any youth coach for local teams if you don't believe me. I never met any who had a good word to say about the academy. Most had several horror stories.
Most parents and coaches who have sons playing locally will tell you how far more professional TNS and Cefn are, but if you talk to anyone regarding Shrewsbury then that will break your heart.
Old 25th June 2020, 17.54:00   #110-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Default Re: Official 'survey' launched ' to 'gauge our Members opinions on a potential sale of the club'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
I don’t think Bircham wants anything to do with the club personally. It doesn’t have to be a fan, Darragh MacAnthony was hardly a Peterborough fan before buying them, yet 15 years later he’s still there, although recently sold some of his shares. It would be the dream to have a guy like that who is that switched on and runs the show.
You're right usually fog but the bit about DB this time is wrong.
Old 25th June 2020, 18.02:26   #111-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
You're right usually fog but the bit about DB this time is wrong.
Oooooo

Just as I thought, hearts in the right place and a decent guy,, has he got the beans tho
Old 25th June 2020, 18.04:09   #112-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

is this move by the board simply an exercise to garner an argument for their own existance, do we fans really know the method of the boards gauging, is there room for the board to manipulate responses from fans, this excercise is open to members only, many of whom are pro board, therefore i think the only action left for non member fans is to abstain from puchasing season tickets and if that message is not noticed then by abstaining from games
Old 25th June 2020, 18.19:22   #113-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Anything is better than this, so sell up.
Old 25th June 2020, 18.32:35   #114-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

let us assume that a bid is on the table and the board are reluctant to sell or handover or whatever, by giving members only the opportunity of giving their opinions there is the possibility that the findings of this poll could be considered to be favourable to the board, if for instance the majority of members favour a 51% board ownership this would be seen as approval of the current set up and then the potential new owners would be left with at best a 49% share.
Let us now also presume that the potential investor is willing to invest in the team, management, youth, traing and the ground , would they still be willing to make investment to the club and have the current board having a say in how the investors money is spent, unless members give a clear message to the club we could be stuck with the current situation forever or till we fold, which i fear will be the outcome if investors are turned away by petty power games and polotics
Old 25th June 2020, 19.10:09   #115-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
let us assume that a bid is on the table and the board are reluctant to sell or handover or whatever, by giving members only the opportunity of giving their opinions there is the possibility that the findings of this poll could be considered to be favourable to the board, if for instance the majority of members favour a 51% board ownership this would be seen as approval of the current set up and then the potential new owners would be left with at best a 49% share.
Let us now also presume that the potential investor is willing to invest in the team, management, youth, traing and the ground , would they still be willing to make investment to the club and have the current board having a say in how the investors money is spent, unless members give a clear message to the club we could be stuck with the current situation forever or till we fold, which i fear will be the outcome if investors are turned away by petty power games and polotics
Loads of speculation, no substance to the argument.
If a genuine offer is made, the Board are bound to put it to the membership as a resolution at an EGM. Always assuming that the offer passes scrutiny.
If I was an investor, as a minimum I'd want a board place to watch how my money was spent.
Old 25th June 2020, 21.53:42   #116-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
'someone comes in and destroys the club again' - there's irony for you.

The WST has taken the club to its lowest position ever and that decline may not be over yet.
If that's not destruction of a football club I don't know what is. We could have easily been relegated this season.

So the people you'd choose to run the club have done worse than any other owners. This is a football remember, that always seems to be glossed over by some people as if its a side issue.

The reality is that Hamilton, Moss and the WST - none are fit for purpose.

Some are worse than others, but all failed miserably and the picture you paint ignores the fact that there are genuine people out there who will buy a football club, put money into it, not expect returns and run it properly. There are loads of examples of these types, far more than there are examples of rotten owners.
The part of it that seems to be missed is intention. Moss sentenced us to this league, ran up huge debts, took the ground and stadium away, put his flats on our car park and threw the hollow shell of the club to the fans.

The WST have done awful I agree, but have always had our best intentions at heart. If we can get it right with the WST in charge is that not the best scenario possible? We keep everything in the hands of the people who’ll never destroy the club. I believe we are on the wrong path now and we need to change, but I’d rather the fans remained in charge of the club, potentially different fans.

I actually gave examples, if you’d like to look at my comments again. I think I listed Man City as a good case scenario and even listed a total failure of fan ownership in United of Manchester as a bad one. I believe every comment I’ve made has been reasonably balanced. I myself... in my opinion... my preference is the WST stays in control with a huge reform. I don’t want to run the gauntlet of another private owner. I’m sure there’s plenty of decent ones out there but we never seem to attract them here. It doesn’t help that the land we sit on is more valuable if the club wasn’t on it.
Old 25th June 2020, 22.02:21   #117-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
To me the job of WST has always been to properly vet any potential buyers, however considering what's already happened I wouldn't trust them to do this anymore.

Considering the question on the survey about 'professional advisers' it makes you wonder whether to they even trust themselves to do it?

All this lot want to do is say 'it's my ball and I'm taking it home'.
I can be sympathetic to a degree with that. We’ve all seen the troubles our club has faced. Probably a few, like me, were delighted to get it away from the asset strippers and in our own hands. I hope I wouldn’t, but realistically I do think, if I was in charge of the club after all the fighting I’d probably not want to let it go. They probably aren’t right to be in that position if they feel that way though.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.22:06.