Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th June 2020, 11.53:26   #19-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Agents' Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
I get the impression Yosser missed out on a number of key targets and then had to scrabble around to fill the squad with the likes of Barnum Chambers Barton and so the agency fees for them indicate the panic and not having an option. Bad planning all round. As much as I get most in here hate Keates, in his first full season with us he did business early, had clear targets and went to the second or third choices decisively so let's hope he does that again when we can restart.
Hughes shouldn't have been manager full stop and was clearly massively out of his depth. if your a good player you going to want to be working with a decent manager and set up not someone whos been doing foot golf for the last few years.

I would say with Keates with his first time here though when we got to the key January transfer he failed utterly with the pllayers he bought in.
Old 25th June 2020, 11.57:46   #20-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
I hear you but in the end it starts and stops with the manager. I am responsible for an area at work and I stand and fall by its success - sure you can blame those that recruited me but there is always an element of gamble in that.
Again when it comes to Darlington i simply do not know what he is and is not responsible for ? We looked half decent during his short spell as manager but it was too short a time to make any sort of judgement and of course he did not have to perform all of the tasks that define a manager such as recruitment etc.
I don't have all the answers but similarly cannot believe that all the problems stem from Spencer.
The point is, they're are clearly issues that go beyond the manager. The scouting team don't seem to dovetail with the management team and vice versa. Only one man is able to sort that out, if you could and were that way inclined you could do whatever you want in work if your managers says nothing and keeps renewing your contract no questions asked.
Old 25th June 2020, 11.59:40   #21-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Hughes shouldn't have been manager full stop and was clearly massively out of his depth. if your a good player you going to want to be working with a decent manager and set up not someone whos been doing foot golf for the last few years.

I would say with Keates with his first time here though when we got to the key January transfer he failed utterly with the pllayers he bought in.
Keates'first time round put a lot of graft in and that helped massively. He was doing all sorts turning up to fan group events, attending games to watch players.

This time I'm not convinced he's working anywhere near as hard.
Old 25th June 2020, 12.02:24   #22-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
To think we paid an agent so that we could sign:

McIntosh, Barnum-Bobb, Grant and Barton.

Makes you feel numb.
Yep, more fans money wasted yet the begging bowl is out again for more.
Old 25th June 2020, 17.18:49   #23-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
The point is, they're are clearly issues that go beyond the manager. The scouting team don't seem to dovetail with the management team and vice versa. Only one man is able to sort that out, if you could and were that way inclined you could do whatever you want in work if your managers says nothing and keeps renewing your contract no questions asked.
they do
Old 25th June 2020, 17.53:10   #24-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Keates'first time round put a lot of graft in and that helped massively. He was doing all sorts turning up to fan group events, attending games to watch players.

This time I'm not convinced he's working anywhere near as hard.
He said in his first interview back he'd have to get out into fans events and build bridges

He's been no where near the fanbase. Walks straight down the tunnel after a loss. Refused to do a meet the manager.

Now he's asking the fans to stick with the team. Why should we stick with Keates when he didn't stick with us?
Old 25th June 2020, 18.41:11   #25-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
He said in his first interview back he'd have to get out into fans events and build bridges

He's been no where near the fanbase. Walks straight down the tunnel after a loss. Refused to do a meet the manager.

Now he's asking the fans to stick with the team. Why should we stick with Keates when he didn't stick with us?
He asked for that at Walsall, soon got sacked after.
Old 25th June 2020, 21.50:42   #26-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Don't follow this comment and that is probably my ignorance of club politics. Surely the manager picks the players he wants to sign and then the club administrators have to work out if we can afford the players wage demands signing on fee etc ? Then the manager must fit that player into a 'style' of play ( i use that term carefully in DK's case).
How can that be controlled (other than the financial side) is difficult for me to follow ?
If we set a club football strategy it would help. A club style of play and appoint managers to play to that set style of play therefore most of the players they inherit are fit for purpose and it avoids the constant mass clear out. (Look at Swansea’s rise as an example ). Limit the waste of money on loan players and insist on utilising our youth players instead.
Set up a properly effective scouting system and only sign players that for the system rather than signing strikers and expecting goals when you aren’t playing to their strengths
Old 26th June 2020, 11.27:02   #27-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

£22k that could have gone towards a CEO.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.00:11.