Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th June 2020, 22.07:42   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Will you boycott with Keates at the club?

Will you be putting money into the club with Keates employed here?

If not, how much are the club missing out of your income?

I've been a season ticket holder for 17 years. Could never have imagined not renewing. But I won't be. Taking Keates back shows no self-respect and no self-pride. Wrexham were the team that gritted its teeth and always had pride in itself and we'd have a go at anyone. Porto, Roma, Arsenal, Tottenham you name them we'll stick our chest out and have a go at anyone. Now we are the terrified little team with 11 men behind the ball against Ebbsfleet. We're the team that will lie down and let a bloke that the club did so much for walk back into the once proud job after spectacularly failing. They'll let him slither back in when he has the worst win rate of any manager we've had in the conference eta. We're the club that's quite happy to reward failure. We're the club who'll happily let the fanbase be disrespected. That's not Wrexham AFC to me.

Keates coming back for me removes the self-pride and that self-respect in the club. That decision went directly against what Wrexham AFC should stand for. I can't comprehend bringing him back.

1200 down on average attendances this season since Keates came back. That's a huge cost to us. A vicious circle of less budget and an awful manager.

There is a break out clause in Keates' contract.

Now that the league positions have been decided that break out clause musn't have been met.

It must not have been met given Spencer Harris' own expectations of him were to "save the season" and push for the playoffs.

Even if the breakout was met, which if it was serious questions need to be asked, then it would cost £10k

The club need to seriously consider the huge cost of retaining Keates.

We struggle to achieve anything as it is, what chance do we have of achieving anything whilst divided?

If you refuse to put money in with Keates employed here, how much is it costing the club?
Old 17th June 2020, 22.08:35   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Default Re: Will you boycott with Keates at the club?

Three of us not putting a penny into the club whilst Keates is here = approx. £1000 gone

10% of the cost to sack Keates covered right there
Old 17th June 2020, 22.11:27   #3-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

I’m done, I haven’t been since he took over again.
Old 17th June 2020, 22.11:56   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Roughly how much is that costing the club if you don't mind me asking?
Old 17th June 2020, 22.12:37   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Not due to just Keates, add everything else up as well ( money worries, behaviour of the club, boring football, covid etc) then last season may be my last for a few years.
Old 17th June 2020, 22.22:07   #6-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Nor me. I never wanted him back as we should have took a stance that he walked out on us and we should at least had some pride and self-respect not to let him walk right back through the door.

I would have been prepared to give him a chance if he mixed up his backroom staff and showed Darlington the door, but once he brought the milk monitor Davies back I had zero hope so I couldn’t be bothered going.

Everything that has gone on since at this club you wouldn’t get me back if Guardiola was in charge.
Old 17th June 2020, 22.22:31   #7-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

I’ve gone from going every home 75 per cent of aways I won’t set foot in the ground again until Harris and co have gone . Sick of lies propaganda and mismanagement of a once great club .
Old 17th June 2020, 22.25:28   #8-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

I'm out, can't put myself through another season of boring tactics,life's too short.
Season ticket plus hospitality every home game all down the tube.
Old 17th June 2020, 22.31:00   #9-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDGOG View Post
Not due to just Keates, add everything else up as well ( money worries, behaviour of the club, boring football, covid etc) then last season may be my last for a few years.
This

It's the whole combination which portrays the people running the club do not give a single shit about the fanbase.

I sit in the same plastic seat surrounded by bird shit that has been there all season, served cold food and look at a decaying stadium and just don't believe this club can achieve anything. Poor business practice drips from every club orifice !

Wont be renewing club membership which I normally do in the early bird period - really past caring and during the lockdown can't say I have missed the aggravation - 5 or 10 years from now we will still be in the same boat at best.

Is there any other club out there with our size of fanbase / stadium / history that has year after year consistently underperformed as much as us ?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.24:35.