Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th July 2020, 18.30:21   #91-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: New Season threatened

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
It will come at Wrexham , mark my words. And at all the other levels of football from the National League upwards. Late September for us is already being rumoured and there will inevitably be reduced capacity until social distancing has gone. You buy your season ticket and get regular football back. Your season ticket will register you in at the gate for Covid track and trace purposes and all those who have no season ticket will be unable to watch live football at Cae Ras . Simple as that. Perhaps it will make all those who want us to change things and boycott the club think again?
What will happen when the allowed capacity is say 5000 and we have only 1000 season ticket holders? Do the club limit the crowd to 1000 ? I think not. Next suggestion please.
Old 4th July 2020, 18.30:26   #92-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Im sorry but i think your slightly deluded if you think football with fans will be back in September.
Old 4th July 2020, 18.45:21   #93-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
I am not having my details passed on to the government or anyone else for that matter via a football club.
Indeed would it be illegal ? unless Johnsons government change the law.

No way.
As things stand the tracers would ask the club for details of those present. If they are all season ticket holders the info will be easy to pass on . I cannot imagine the club would want to be called into question about not releasing it . If it happens and it is only season Ticket holders your only options are to use a season ticket owned by someone else and he/she will be asked to self isolate or you miss the matches.
Old 4th July 2020, 18.50:22   #94-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelltown View Post
What will happen when the allowed capacity is say 5000 and we have only 1000 season ticket holders? Do the club limit the crowd to 1000 ? I think not. Next suggestion please.
We had 2000 season ticket holders last year so you would be assuming 50% will not renew. Say for instance we start with 30% of capacity inside the stadium ( and I have heard that as a National League suggestion) the number in the stadium would be not much more than 2000 . And if folk are told that they are unlikely to get in without a season ticket many in doubt will take the plunge and buy one.
Old 4th July 2020, 19.04:04   #95-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
We had 2000 season ticket holders last year so you would be assuming 50% will not renew. Say for instance we start with 30% of capacity inside the stadium ( and I have heard that as a National League suggestion) the number in the stadium would be not much more than 2000 . And if folk are told that they are unlikely to get in without a season ticket many in doubt will take the plunge and buy one.
What do you think the playing budget will amount to on those statistics? The ground rent is in excess of £100,000. As for taking the plunge I cannot share your optimism.
Old 4th July 2020, 19.17:49   #96-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Good for us both it seems
Yes, massively reduced crowds are exactly what we need.
Old 4th July 2020, 19.24:03   #97-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
As things stand the tracers would ask the club for details of those present. If they are all season ticket holders the info will be easy to pass on . I cannot imagine the club would want to be called into question about not releasing it . If it happens and it is only season Ticket holders your only options are to use a season ticket owned by someone else and he/she will be asked to self isolate or you miss the matches.
Club don't have to collect it - official government guidance says that they should do it BUT that it's voluntary and customers can opt out.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/maintain...test-and-trace

"If someone does not wish to share their details, or provides incorrect information
Although this is voluntary, please encourage customers and visitors to share their details in order to support NHS Test and Trace and advise them that this information will only be used where necessary to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

If a customer or visitor informs you that they do not want their details shared for the purposes of NHS Test and Trace, they can choose to opt out, and if they do so you should not share their information used for booking purposes with NHS Test and Trace."
Old 4th July 2020, 20.00:00   #98-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Yes, massively reduced crowds are exactly what we need.
But the Covid situation may require it to happen. The test and trace system is essential to contain viral outbreaks , even if it is voluntary . The club could say to all season ticket applicants that their data could be shared with the trace team. If someone feels that is invading their space they don't get a season ticket. That would be OK to me.
Old 4th July 2020, 20.05:06   #99-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
But the Covid situation may require it to happen. The test and trace system is essential to contain viral outbreaks , even if it is voluntary . The club could say to all season ticket applicants that their data could be shared with the trace team. If someone feels that is invading their space they don't get a season ticket. That would be OK to me.
Are they likely to do this, though? Given the shambolic test and trace system, do you think they'll consider it worth losing money over?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.30:59.