Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th June 2020, 19.37:20   #21-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: New Season threatened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Limassol Red View Post
Yeah, like that mass gatherings on VE Day, the ones on the beaches in May, the mass gatherings for BLM parades, all massively increased cases didnít they🤔
I donít get why people keep peddling the narrative. As you say, all those protests, etc and the rates just keep going down, the virus is done! Plus, the Government have all but said that you canít catch it outdoors, hence all the relaxing of restrictions outside.
Old 26th June 2020, 19.43:15   #22-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Default Re: New Season threatene

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Not worthy of a reply
Why ?
Old 26th June 2020, 19.57:06   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

I can't be assed getting in to arguments with the same old Covid Nazis on here, but what I will say is September would be very early for Non league teams to assemble / prepare a squad amongst all this turmoil

I had it in my head Wrexham wouldn't be playing till 2021
Old 26th June 2020, 22.33:23   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthinred View Post
I can't be assed getting in to arguments with the same old Covid Nazis on here, but what I will say is September would be very early for Non league teams to assemble / prepare a squad amongst all this turmoil

I had it in my head Wrexham wouldn't be playing till 2021
Being responsible and wanting everyone to come out of lockdown safe isn't being a covid nazi ruthin it's actually caring and trying to make it safe for amongst others many who were actually around and made much bigger sacrifices when the country was battling real nazis.
Old 26th June 2020, 23.04:05   #25-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: usually MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by squireyorke View Post
Why are fewer people dying on a daily basis?
Simply because of the precautions that we had in place, and were largely observed 2-4 weeks ago. That reflects the time it takes from people to become infected, whether they know it or not, and subsequently for some to die from it. The lockdown did its job to a point.
Sadly, too many people have flouted the guidelines in recent weeks, especially with the reported beach crowds and fighting as well as protests that involve unnecessary public gatherings.
As a result some of these people will, in coming weeks, die.
Along with those who dont die they will, in their ignorance, have infected others - most of whom have been doing the right thing.
As a result deaths will increase. To what extent will be down to the pace at which lockdown measures are relaxed and to what degree anti-social distancing is tolerated.
There is no hiding from this.
Old 27th June 2020, 05.20:48   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Last line one of the most shocking I have seen on this site !!
Foxy seems not to think so ..
Old 27th June 2020, 07.00:44   #27-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squireyorke View Post
Why are fewer people dying on a daily basis?
Following social distancing guidelines have had a big impact, however some other reasons as below.

ďCoronavirus patients in hospital in England are dying at a slower rate now than they were at the peak of the epidemic, analysis suggests.
University of Oxford researchers found the proportion of coronavirus patients dying each day in England fell from 6% to 1.5% between April and June.

Improvements in treatments, changes in the patient population and seasonal effects could all play a role.

The data emerged as the government prepares to ease lockdown restrictions.
Around the height of the outbreak, on 8 April, there were 15,468 people in hospital in England with coronavirus of whom 899 died (6%).
By 21 June there were 2,698 hospitalised coronavirus patients, 30 of whom died (1%), according to the most recent data compiled University of Oxford's Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine.
Hospital case fatality is a measure used since the beginning of the outbreak, providing consistent figures and enabling researchers to look for trends.ď

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53192532
Old 27th June 2020, 07.23:22   #28-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
Foxy seems not to think so ..
It was poorly phrased I agree. From my understanding of his post though, he was making a distinction between those who understandably are reluctant to go out ( the old and those shielding) and others who do need to stop being so scared. The latter do exist and are now a problem, most notably those who will not send their children back to school , which is actually a form of child neglect.

His basic premise, which in my view is correct, is that we have to get life back to some form of normality and manage the risks as best possible. This includes, at some point, mass events.
Old 27th June 2020, 08.31:09   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by petered View Post
Personally,I'm all for free speech. Massive reason why this country and others are in the state they are in. Can't go offending or disagreeing with smowflake lefties can we now. So in response to your comment regarding bedwetters I will use my freedom of speech to tell you to f**k right off you absolute piece of shit!! Come back on here and reiterate your comments after losing someone close to this virus. Ill bet 100% your views will change.
No need for the abuse dude

Yellow card
Old 27th June 2020, 08.35:00   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Wow - thatís a reply! One thing I have noticed over the past four months, is that football is NOT as important to me as I thought it was. I have not worked since 13th March and I have become stir crazy. Alright, the garden looks pretty tidy, but I cannot do the things I want to do because of Covid19.
The football season in our league cannot start in August, mainly because we have out AGM on that dat, albeit remotely. So perhaps late September start with games at two a week - hardly impossible. This is of course, if things improve on the viral front. No poxy game of football is worth someoneís life!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.15:26.