Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st August 2020, 18.21:04   #271-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
The Danny Ward money seems to be gone. Itís was a huge amount of money at our level. What do we have to show for it?
Flames in tunnel, painted floor in mrs, new cctv camera, new beer pump on Jones’s shelf and hopefully they’ll fix the sink in the tech end toilets in the pre season. #moneywellspent
Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2020, 18.44:57   #272-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyheckerslike View Post
They are run by people who know what they are doing and are privately owned and properly managed.

Just because they are privately owned doesn't mean they are properly managed. Even in normal times clubs have been ruined by signing players they can't afford to pay a d these aren't normal times. It may work for these teams, but certainly isn't risk free with no confirmation of a guarantee income.
Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2020, 20.18:15   #273-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
There is no way we should be any where near going out of business just yet.
We received 1.8m within the last 12 to 18 months.
Surely we haven't spent all that?
Its gone im afraid
Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2020, 20.45:58   #274-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman View Post
Its gone im afraid
Thought so.
Shocking if true. Either we hopefully have a lot of worthwhile stuff to show for it or its been frittered away.
If it's the latter, then does it show the club is leaking money?
That we need that sort of money to exist.
Just to cover expenses etc on top of gate and other income?

Because otherwise it's been wasted somewhere and that is bad stewardship.....
Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2020, 21.09:31   #275-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
NottsRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Thought so.
Shocking if true. Either we hopefully have a lot of worthwhile stuff to show for it or its been frittered away.
If it's the latter, then does it show the club is leaking money?
That we need that sort of money to exist.
Just to cover expenses etc on top of gate and other income?

Because otherwise it's been wasted somewhere and that is bad stewardship.....
We are leaking money left right and center. Add in fiasco's like Bobby Grants contract and you can see how that money can quickly disappear.

If the club aren't careful and don't do something to try and make themselves more accountable or take responsibility for this mess we might be on the brink by the end of the season.
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2020, 12.32:56   #276-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
EnglishRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
The Danny Ward money seems to be gone. Itís was a huge amount of money at our level. What do we have to show for it?
As I say: you can blame them for wasting money.

Not having a contingency plan after Ricketts left was unforgivable. 18 months of wasting money and going back to square one.

That money could and should have been the difference between promotion and just about staying in this division. Shameful.
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2020, 14.01:30   #277-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
As I say: you can blame them for wasting money.

Not having a contingency plan after Ricketts left was unforgivable. 18 months of wasting money and going back to square one.

That money could and should have been the difference between promotion and just about staying in this division. Shameful.
Judging by figures bandied around, the Danny Ward money was about the equivalent of a season's wages for the first team squad.

If correct, that should have been huge. We could have potentially doubled our playing budget for a season (although with Hughes at the helm to start with I wouldn't have the confidence he'd have spent it correctly) but it really just seems to have been lost down the back of the sofa. I also wouldn't have been annoyed if we'd saved it and it was used as a safety net during this pandemic, it's just disappeared, it seems.
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2020, 15.08:58   #278-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Tech End
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

More signings in our league:

Dagenham and Redbridge: George Saunders (Hornchurch), Callum Reynolds (Barnet), Dean Rance (Aldershot)
Hartlepool: Mark Shelton (Salford), Garry Liddle (Walsall), Timi Odusina (Norwich), Josh MacDonald (Halifax), Rhys Oates (Morecambe)
Stevenage: Tyrone Marsh (Boreham Wood)
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2020, 17.46:07   #279-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
NottsRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
More signings in our league:

Dagenham and Redbridge: George Saunders (Hornchurch), Callum Reynolds (Barnet), Dean Rance (Aldershot)
Hartlepool: Mark Shelton (Salford), Garry Liddle (Walsall), Timi Odusina (Norwich), Josh MacDonald (Halifax), Rhys Oates (Morecambe)
Stevenage: Tyrone Marsh (Boreham Wood)
Its alright the quality players don't become available to the last minute.

On a serious note most clubs seem to be making moves. Do we actually have funds available to try and get players in?
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2020, 18.08:41   #280-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Ooh aah Paskin's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite
Real Name: ?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Its alright the quality players don't become available to the last minute.

On a serious note most clubs seem to be making moves. Do we actually have funds available to try and get players in?
I honestly don't think we have. Not until the season has been confirmed. It looks like they are holding back until we can pay the minimal amount of wages because we are effectively broke.
Only problem is, any players half decent will have been snapped up by then.

I honestly now feel that if this season doesn't start in October this club will be bust by March.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.07:44.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12