Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th June 2020, 09.37:08   #51-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lods View Post
Quote from Gerring about his play style:

"I am a bang-average defender who can head it and kick it, but my passion and my work rate helps me to stand out."

Keates aiming high with his transfers then. I'd say he's given a fair assessment of himself.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/foot...ishing-3684654
As long as he can hoof it long so the opposition can build another attack from the back, he's in.
Old 30th June 2020, 10.02:11   #52-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Transfers? (Also other National League clubs transfer updates thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Surely its the opposite? The rate we go through mangers will be a huge concern for a player. They might sign for us under Keates and he might have walked or been sacked by Christmas. At this club its highly likely they'll finish the season under a different manager than the one they started the season with. Then they might get frozen out etc because the new manager doesn't rate them.

Not sure about Chairman not spending because they've brought staff back from furlough either. If they're back and being paid what' the issue? I think that's wishful thinking.

I wouldn't read too much into Keates freezing out JBB, Adam Barton and McIntosh either. Everyone could see they weren't good enough apart from Bryan Hughes of course. I remember the first time I saw McIntosh play and after about 10 minutes it was clear as day he was way out of his depth.
Watched Mcintosh&Jbb play at Hartlepool last season both players looked if they had come from Sunday league football,but then some fans wanted Mcintosh to have more game time as he scored twice against St Mirrens reserves.
Old 30th June 2020, 10.53:56   #53-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Watched Mcintosh&Jbb play at Hartlepool last season both players looked if they had come from Sunday league football,but then some fans wanted Mcintosh to have more game time as he scored twice against St Mirrens reserves.

Sunday league football was about our level last season.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 30th June 2020, 12.35:31   #54-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
I can remember all the posts on Twitter and on here ‘this lad will guarantee goals’ ‘goals goals goals’ how how I laughed at the time, the most ridiculous signing I think I have seen at the club.
Old 30th June 2020, 14.30:32   #55-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
I can remember all the posts on Twitter and on here ‘this lad will guarantee goals’ ‘goals goals goals’ how how I laughed at the time, the most ridiculous signing I think I have seen at the club.
I can see how a stat like "15 goals in the Scottish 2nd division" would look appealing, but surely, given the level he was at, Hughes should have got McIntosh down here on trial first?

He was the first summer signing for Hughes - not only was signing him ridiculous, Hughes was really quick to get his signature. Was mad to think there'd be much competition for him.
Old 30th June 2020, 18.43:56   #56-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
I can see how a stat like "15 goals in the Scottish 2nd division" would look appealing, but surely, given the level he was at, Hughes should have got McIntosh down here on trial first?

He was the first summer signing for Hughes - not only was signing him ridiculous, Hughes was really quick to get his signature. Was mad to think there'd be much competition for him.
How would someone, who was employed in footgolf, and virtually no management experience even know about him.
Old 30th June 2020, 18.48:15   #57-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham's Patrick Bateman View Post
How would someone, who was employed in footgolf, and virtually no management experience even know about him.
I was told he was ‘extensively scouted’ like we have the money to send a scout to watch him play for the dog and duck week in week out, more likely his agent sent the YouTube link to all the clubs in England and sadly we took the bait.
Old 1st July 2020, 23.39:12   #58-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

Anyone from the highlands league score above 10 last season? Sure he’ll be signed as a replacement for Hooper.
Old 1st July 2020, 23.48:29   #59-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamforever16 View Post
Anyone from the highlands league score above 10 last season? Sure he’ll be signed as a replacement for Hooper.
Calum Gallagher and Dale Carrick got 11 and 12 respectively for the same team we got McIntosh from last season. Scouts must be licking their chops at these prospects.
Old 2nd July 2020, 07.19:54   #60-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Calum Gallagher and Dale Carrick got 11 and 12 respectively for the same team we got McIntosh from last season. Scouts must be licking their chops at these prospects.
Words got to be getting about up there that any player who comes down to Wrexham from Scotland will get one or two games and then spend the rest of the season not even on the bench.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.02:15.