Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th June 2020, 07.17:37   #82-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST Statement! Club self reports to ICO on advice of insurers after 'several breaches'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
So you're also confirming it's Keates and Hughes contract info, what's to say it's not some of the playing staff?

To answer your question, it was either read on Spirit of 78 or heard down the Cent.
Confirming? Only thing I’m able to confirm is that I’ve read those names online. Yes you could be right regarding players but haven’t seen that online unless you have?

Righto.

Last edited by 3pmsaturday; 29th June 2020 at 07.31:00..
Old 29th June 2020, 07.21:22   #83-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Default Re: WST Statement! Club self reports to ICO on advice of insurers after 'several breaches'

Interesting that a critical former board member is linked to this then immediately loyalist posters who have been quiet recently try to persistently link a poster who has been active in holding the board to account to it. Smearing 2 people that cause problems in one move.

I don’t recall any action when details of the takeover were discussed in a members only forum in breach of the NDA, or about the personal details on there or the homophobic comments, nor much action about phoning people’s employers to get them sacked, or the defamatory social media accounts either.

It looks like we are playing dirty politics now just before elections and an AGM. Wonder if it has anything to do with the change in personnel involved?
Old 29th June 2020, 07.43:10   #84-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Interesting that a critical former board member is linked to this then immediately loyalist posters who have been quiet recently try to persistently link a poster who has been active in holding the board to account to it. Smearing 2 people that cause problems in one move.

I don’t recall any action when details of the takeover were discussed in a members only forum in breach of the NDA, or about the personal details on there or the homophobic comments, nor much action about phoning people’s employers to get them sacked, or the defamatory social media accounts either.

It looks like we are playing dirty politics now just before elections and an AGM. Wonder if it has anything to do with the change in personnel involved?
Sorry and my apologies to NWD if this is incorrect but taking your assertion, let’s flip it on its head and say that it’s interesting at a time when people are actively trying to get rid of Keates and most other people at the club that it is raised as a cheap option with information that breaches clubs responsibilities. Where that info came from given the seriousness of the matter is deffo of interest to fans regardless of how they see the club being run.

The trust obviously knows who it is from that statement but I can’t imagine they can tell us.

Just as an aside, we all have different ideas as to how the club should be run or structured etc. Having an opinion is the main thing. Having the passion and thirst for improvement as you see it. What I fear most is apathy. At the moment the trust is getting hammered generally on here and I agree with a lot of it just the DEMAND approach isn’t the right way to go about it as obviously there’s no second phase to move forward unless that’s the plan.

NWD is putting resolutions forward so am looking forward to reading them.
Old 29th June 2020, 07.56:22   #85-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: WST Statement!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
No. I am just putting two and two together and I may be making five. Just thought it odd at the time that you were posting as fact details about Keates’s and (I think) Hughes’s contracts. And now I read this statement from the WST.
Yeah right. Fat chance. You've not been seen on here for ages then all of a sudden you're back putting 'two and two together'. Pull the other one.
Old 29th June 2020, 07.58:17   #86-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw View Post
There’s definitely no multiple user accounts guys... just remember that yeah ?
No definitely not. Had it confirmed by mods, so it must be true.
Old 29th June 2020, 08.01:01   #87-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
Sorry and my apologies to NWD if this is incorrect but taking your assertion, let’s flip it on its head and say that it’s interesting at a time when people are actively trying to get rid of Keates and most other people at the club that it is raised as a cheap option with information that breaches clubs responsibilities. Where that info came from given the seriousness of the matter is deffo of interest to fans regardless of how they see the club being run.

The trust obviously knows who it is from that statement but I can’t imagine they can tell us.

Just as an aside, we all have different ideas as to how the club should be run or structured etc. Having an opinion is the main thing. Having the passion and thirst for improvement as you see it. What I fear most is apathy. At the moment the trust is getting hammered generally on here and I agree with a lot of it just the DEMAND approach isn’t the right way to go about it as obviously there’s no second phase to move forward unless that’s the plan.

NWD is putting resolutions forward so am looking forward to reading them.
Its pretty obvious that originally that information can only have come from the football board given they would have negotiated it. They then may have shared it with the WST board, its also pretty obvious who they are now looking to pin it on.

NWD has given what on the face of it to be a perfectly reasonable explanation as to where he saw it which was challenged numerous times with clumsy attempts to get him to incriminate himself or someone else.

The recent poll suggests what the 2nd phase preference looks like, however I doubt that will come to pass as the monority who are politically active will stop the 75% being reached. Just adding a Director of Football will not fix the liquidity issues, the lack of long term thinking, the lack of drive and desire to seek out the improvements needed in every sporting aspect.
Old 29th June 2020, 08.33:50   #88-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Kids and their blooming computers eh! Glad they will be back at school soon.
Old 29th June 2020, 08.36:16   #89-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Its pretty obvious that originally that information can only have come from the football board given they would have negotiated it. They then may have shared it with the WST board, its also pretty obvious who they are now looking to pin it on.

NWD has given what on the face of it to be a perfectly reasonable explanation as to where he saw it which was challenged numerous times with clumsy attempts to get him to incriminate himself or someone else.

The recent poll suggests what the 2nd phase preference looks like, however I doubt that will come to pass as the monority who are politically active will stop the 75% being reached. Just adding a Director of Football will not fix the liquidity issues, the lack of long term thinking, the lack of drive and desire to seek out the improvements needed in every sporting aspect.
Agree with most of that although off the field I think the Kop and training ground show a long term plan. A DoF has to be top of the list and first in the door for me as priority but agree that a holistic approach is most certainly required so Directors have one responsibility to which they are qualified.

There has to be a change in the way the club is run.

My fear is that there isnt the suitably qualified candidates for the club board (those operating at that level in their own business lives) to fill the vacancies.
I hope I am wrong as there is obviously an opportunity to do great things with the club on and off the field.

Without those new personnel....well it doesn't look good for the club and at present given the animosity it will be a tough ask.

Posters on here reply to me like I'm a cheerleader, I do believe at up to League one level we have the best model (if run properly) however, I think I have been more critical than most at the squandered opportunities the Trust have made. I just think that evolution is the only way forward for the sake oif the club not the trust...
Old 29th June 2020, 08.50:29   #90-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
Agree with most of that although off the field I think the Kop and training ground show a long term plan. A DoF has to be top of the list and first in the door for me as priority but agree that a holistic approach is most certainly required so Directors have one responsibility to which they are qualified.

There has to be a change in the way the club is run.

My fear is that there isnt the suitably qualified candidates for the club board (those operating at that level in their own business lives) to fill the vacancies.
I hope I am wrong as there is obviously an opportunity to do great things with the club on and off the field.

Without those new personnel....well it doesn't look good for the club and at present given the animosity it will be a tough ask.

Posters on here reply to me like I'm a cheerleader, I do believe at up to League one level we have the best model (if run properly) however, I think I have been more critical than most at the squandered opportunities the Trust have made. I just think that evolution is the only way forward for the sake oif the club not the trust...
I think Wimbledon have done fan ownership much better so I disagree with the best mode statement and through it have attracted the calibre of person that you describe as lacking. They also have a pragmatic approach to their capital structure which has allowed them to not only rise through the leagues but plan for a new ground while creating the sort of sporting infrastructure needed for success.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.29:44.