Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th June 2020, 08.50:48   #91-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST Statement! Club self reports to ICO on advice of insurers after 'several breaches'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
Agree with most of that although off the field I think the Kop and training ground show a long term plan. A DoF has to be top of the list and first in the door for me as priority but agree that a holistic approach is most certainly required so Directors have one responsibility to which they are qualified.

There has to be a change in the way the club is run.

My fear is that there isnt the suitably qualified candidates for the club board (those operating at that level in their own business lives) to fill the vacancies.
I hope I am wrong as there is obviously an opportunity to do great things with the club on and off the field.

Without those new personnel....well it doesn't look good for the club and at present given the animosity it will be a tough ask.

Posters on here reply to me like I'm a cheerleader, I do believe at up to League one level we have the best model (if run properly) however, I think I have been more critical than most at the squandered opportunities the Trust have made. I just think that evolution is the only way forward for the sake oif the club not the trust...
If there isn't suitable personnel beyond those in situ to sit on the club board doesn't that sadly suggest that the current model is doomed to failure and is unsustainable?
Old 29th June 2020, 08.51:45   #92-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: WST Statement! Club self reports to ICO on advice of insurers after 'several breaches'

3pm . You say we have the best model or you believe we do ? . What evidence is there of this it’s been constant failure .
Old 29th June 2020, 08.53:07   #93-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Agree with most of that although off the field I think the Kop and training ground show a long term plan. A DoF has to be top of the list and first in the door for me as priority but agree that a holistic approach is most certainly required so Directors have one responsibility to which they are qualified.

There has to be a change in the way the club is run.

My fear is that there isnt the suitably qualified candidates for the club board (those operating at that level in their own business lives) to fill the vacancies.
I hope I am wrong as there is obviously an opportunity to do great things with the club on and off the field.

Without those new personnel....well it doesn't look good for the club and at present given the animosity it will be a tough ask.

Pt...
I also agree with BV.

The 75% is a bigger danger to the club than is generally realized.

It stifles alternative views and alienates frustrated fans. There is no outlet for grievances. It greatly constrains the flexibility and agility required to successfully run and sustain a modern business.

If we believe LJ,the 75% prevents a schism. Really!!!

If you turn it around, it means 25.1% can do as they like and to hell with anything or anybody else.

Just changing the 75% to 60%, would make a huge difference and be more democratic than what we are now.

Re suitably qualified candidates you are right to be fearful because I will be truly amazed if anyone of the required calibre would be prepared to operate working under the constitutional constraints and having no power to deal with any residual "old school thinking" emanating from the likes of SH, LJ or their clones.

In the real world we are stuck with them like or not.

Most of us do not like it but that clearly does not bother the Teflon brigade.
Fans owned club. Really? I think most of us now know that it is simply not true. The WST own the club so THEY can do what they like and bugger the fans.
Old 29th June 2020, 08.58:54   #94-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
I think Wimbledon have done fan ownership much better so I disagree with the best mode statement and through it have attracted the calibre of person that you describe as lacking. They also have a pragmatic approach to their capital structure which has allowed them to not only rise through the leagues but plan for a new ground while creating the sort of sporting infrastructure needed for success.
As I say I'd rather people have opinions and you are putting across positive suggestions. I wouldn't personally rule out anything at the moment. I think our location makes Wimbledon comparisons (demographic massively different at a guess) a little hard but I agree in principal.

Tranmere have shown where the limitation lies (League 1) for a pretty much sustainable model with their investment strategy recently from I think Malaysia. The clubs success is the most important thing to me paired with security. Its not ideology its practicality until unpractical. As stated again and again we have to spend our money wisely and we are obviously not in football affairs.
Old 29th June 2020, 09.03:13   #95-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
I also agree with BV.

The 75% is a bigger danger to the club than is generally realized.

It stifles alternative views and alienates frustrated fans. There is no outlet for grievances. It greatly constrains the flexibility and agility required to successfully run and sustain a modern business.

If we believe LJ,the 75% prevents a schism. Really!!!

If you turn it around, it means 25.1% can do as they like and to hell with anything or anybody else.

Just changing the 75% to 60%, would make a huge difference and be more democratic than what we are now.

Re suitably qualified candidates you are right to be fearful because I will be truly amazed if anyone of the required calibre would be prepared to operate working under the constitutional constraints and having no power to deal with any residual "old school thinking" emanating from the likes of SH, LJ or their clones.

In the real world we are stuck with them like or not.

Most of us do not like it but that clearly does not bother the Teflon brigade.
Fans owned club. Really? I think most of us now know that it is simply not true. The WST own the club so THEY can do what they like and bugger the fans.
Spencer and Gavin are up for election. Its first past the post so if the fans vote for them they are in. We are not stuck with anyone.
Old 29th June 2020, 09.06:00   #96-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Just a little OT here for 3pmsat , do you own Kings Lynn and if so why do you say my club when you refer to Wrexham fc on here , is there not a conflict of interest now Kings Lynn are in this division .
Old 29th June 2020, 09.06:52   #97-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef1 View Post
3pm . You say we have the best model or you believe we do ? . What evidence is there of this it’s been constant failure .
Apologies, caveat if run properly. I do 100% believe in the model but due I suspect again to lack of qualified personnel and probably power/role retention at the top we aren't making that model work. Same with any model. Its down to the folk making the decisions.
Old 29th June 2020, 09.12:16   #98-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Spencer and Gavin are up for election. Its first past the post so if the fans vote for them they are in. We are not stuck with anyone.
The maths makes it highly unlikely that they won't get in even if their was a mass revolt. The number of candidates needed to stop them is likely in excess of the reasonable number of votes available to propel them all over the two of them even with a record turnout. That's assuming there is even enough candidates.

And even if they were removed, there is nothing to stop them simply being co-opted back on.
Old 29th June 2020, 09.16:28   #99-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
Just a little OT here for 3pmsat , do you own Kings Lynn and if so why do you say my club when you refer to Wrexham fc on here , is there not a conflict of interest now Kings Lynn are in this division .
Ha thats too funny, although my hair at the moment looks a bit like his.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.06:52.