Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th June 2020, 19.43:38   #109-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: "we do not know who the interested parties are"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Still here (for now) but there's no point in me interrupting your orgy of misery ;-)

Lots of football clubs are likely to go bust in the coming year without a government bailout, because their owners have loaded them up to the eyeballs with debt, and they are now on the precipice.

Because we are fan owned we don't go into debt, which means we are unlikely to be in that position.

It also means we could have a decent budget to challenge next season compared to some of our competition.

Essentially, being supporter owned makes it much more likely that there will still be a club for my children and my grandchildren to support, and I don't have to worry about some spiv from Cheshire wanting to close down the club and build flats or an Ikea on The Racecourse.

I'm sure the above won't go down well with most people on here, but that's how I feel. I would not want us to move away from being supporter owned for these reasons.
Bottom of the league courtesy of WST.. Notapenny more
Old 29th June 2020, 19.49:17   #110-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
There's even someone whispering to Lindsay. But of course with an election coming up they won't get their hands dirty. They never have.

Whisper whisper whisper....
Those Jones’ stick together
Old 29th June 2020, 20.27:39   #111-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Still here (for now) but there's no point in me interrupting your orgy of misery ;-)

Lots of football clubs are likely to go bust in the coming year without a government bailout, because their owners have loaded them up to the eyeballs with debt, and they are now on the precipice.

Because we are fan owned we don't go into debt, which means we are unlikely to be in that position.

It also means we could have a decent budget to challenge next season compared to some of our competition.

Essentially, being supporter owned makes it much more likely that there will still be a club for my children and my grandchildren to support, and I don't have to worry about some spiv from Cheshire wanting to close down the club and build flats or an Ikea on The Racecourse.

I'm sure the above won't go down well with most people on here, but that's how I feel. I would not want us to move away from being supporter owned for these reasons.
I note you ignored my earlier message. Must have missed it as you surely have lots to note down for me.

Are you throwing a global pandemic and subsequent recession as the reason to remain supporter owned? Anything else?

If you’re not, what makes us any more likely to be here in 50 years than under private ownership?
Old 29th June 2020, 20.33:57   #112-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
I note you ignored my earlier message. Must have missed it as you surely have lots to note down for me.

Are you throwing a global pandemic and subsequent recession as the reason to remain supporter owned? Anything else?

If you’re not, what makes us any more likely to be here in 50 years than under private ownership?
My direct experience of private ownership under our last two owners has been a terrible experience. Three if you include the end days of Pryce Griffiths and his attempt to work with Hamilton and Guterman to cash in on our ground.

I wasn’t ignoring you by the way. I just don’t have time to reply to everything on here, or to read everything.
Old 29th June 2020, 20.44:42   #113-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

Pryce Griffiths was a board member and chairman for many years we had many successfull years with him at the helm, it was only at the end of his tenure that some will criticise him, he had lost his wife, he was in his eighties and his son did not want the job, prior to this he kept Wrexham afloat and put in loads of bunce, more than the current leadership, and i do not blame him for wanting his investment back, how long was he involved at Wrexham? things were a lot rosier then
Old 29th June 2020, 20.52:01   #114-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
My direct experience of private ownership under our last two owners has been a terrible experience. Three if you include the end days of Pryce Griffiths and his attempt to work with Hamilton and Guterman to cash in on our ground.

I wasn’t ignoring you by the way. I just don’t have time to reply to everything on here, or to read everything.
In what way has the club progressed under “fans” ownership?

I feel that the supporters trust is being funded by supporters to allow a few self-indulgent individuals a platform to play at running a football club. What is your take on this theory?
Old 29th June 2020, 21.00:44   #115-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
In what way has the club progressed under “fans” ownership?

I feel that the supporters trust is being funded by supporters to allow a few self-indulgent individuals a platform to play at running a football club. What is your take on this theory?
I would totally disagree. I’m disappointed that we haven’t progressed on the pitch, but compared to where we were under Moss, we now have our ground back on a long-term lease, a new stand potentially on the way, a training ground on the way, no debt, and we are no longer losing vast sums of money.

Mistakes have been made. For me the biggest ones were appointing Wilkin and Hughes. That doesn’t mean that I would want our club to stop being supporter owned. If there are people out there who want to get involved I’d like them to stand for election and work with our existing model.
Old 29th June 2020, 21.13:01   #116-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
I would totally disagree. I’m disappointed that we haven’t progressed on the pitch, but compared to where we were under Moss, we now have our ground back on a long-term lease, a new stand potentially on the way, a training ground on the way, no debt, and we are no longer losing vast sums of money.

Mistakes have been made. For me the biggest ones were appointing Wilkin and Hughes. That doesn’t mean that I would want our club to stop being supporter owned. If there are people out there who want to get involved I’d like them to stand for election and work with our existing model.
No debt is a fair comment.

The training ground situation is a complete disaster and has been since we left colliers. The nine acre isn’t fit for purpose - not even basic facilities are provided as far as I’m aware. This surely impacts our onfield performance. To sum it up - the training ground should of been on the way 5 years ago.

And the long-term lease - the ground is a dated facility that needs 3 new stands as a minimum. We are paying a large sum of money to rent the ground and then on top pay for the upkeep. Everyone keeps talking about a new stand. No funding is in place I believe. If a new stand did get built in the next 5 years, the rest of the ground will have weathered another 5 years.... a what point do look at upgrading the other stands?
Old 29th June 2020, 21.16:35   #117-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:

My direct experience of WST ownership has been a terrible experience.Who else would have appointed Graham Barrow,Bryan Hughes and Dean Keates as their last 3 managers. Who else would think they were not accountable for squandering over 2.3m in sell-ons in last few years (Ward,Taylor and Moult).

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.20:04.