Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th July 2020, 15.40:44   #208-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
I think the 'well meaning' angle falls down when you consider the deceit, treatment of the DSA, handling of the second disabled platform and treatment of individual fans (attempting to get them sacked, leaking information about their families etc).

I agree with the rest of your quote though.
It is sad the way things have turned out in the past. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes, seek more revenue streams without which the future looks bleak.
Old 9th July 2020, 16.40:10   #209-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Did he say 'they brought international football back to the Racecourse' as if that's something to be excited about. What one meaningless friendly with Trinidad?
Jesus RobG your are really scraping the barrel there. Laughable.

You can bleat all you want, the regime you love is so toxic,secretive and borderline corrupt and true Wrexham FC fans have had enough. You WST fans really do need to go and start your own club up. Blame fans all you want but it won't wash nor will it make any difference, because its just diversion tactics that most can see right through.

Isn't amazing that just prior to elections all this cult members come crawling out of the woodwork.
Yes, I do think that staging a Wales International again at the Racecourse was important, on a number of levels.

First, it gave a lot of Wales fans In North Wales the chance to see the team.
Second, it raised the profile of the town as a host for an international fixture
Third, and most important, it highlighted the need for investment in a stadium in Wrexham to host future games, either stand alone fixtures or as part of a bid for hosting international events, whether rugby or football.

So it had an important part to play in the regeneration process for the Racecourse and it’s surrounds, which could be very good for the clubs future.
Old 9th July 2020, 16.52:51   #210-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

I get that lots of people have grievances but don't want to stand for election to the WST board.

However, what I would add to Wirral Red's point is that I manage a fairly large team of people where I work. In my team I welcome change, but framed in a positive way - I want people to have done some analysis and to suggest changes evidenced by research and facts, and to demonstrate why their proposed solution would be better than the status-quo. I've personally experienced the fact that change without a clear vision of an end-state often leads from the frying pan to the fire.

What really doesn't work is people who complain, but then are not willing to lean into the work of making change happen, or to propose a defined solution. In my experience, in the end, those people ultimately don't get anywhere and become sidelined.
Old 9th July 2020, 17.05:38   #211-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
I get that lots of people have grievances but don't want to stand for election to the WST board.

However, what I would add to Wirral Red's point is that I manage a fairly large team of people where I work. In my team I welcome change, but framed in a positive way - I want people to have done some analysis and to suggest changes evidenced by research and facts, and to demonstrate why their proposed solution would be better than the status-quo. I've personally experienced the fact that change without a clear vision of an end-state often leads from the frying pan to the fire.

What really doesn't work is people who complain, but then are not willing to lean into the work of making change happen, or to propose a defined solution. In my experience, in the end, those people ultimately don't get anywhere and become sidelined.
I think for your approach to work one must initially be open to change.
Old 9th July 2020, 17.07:03   #212-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

I'm really glad you engage with the people you welcome change from. I wish the WST board would do the same thing. I had follow-up suggestions to make based on answers to questions that were in those NWD asked back in December; if they ever answer them I'll make those suggestions.

Similarly, there are people who've done things democratically - like the guys who proposed the second platform motion - who have themselves become sidelined despite the defined solution they put forward.

With the board picking and choosing what questions they answer and what motions they carry out, and the way that they can simply coopt people back on if voting doesn't go as they want, I'm not sure there's all that much we can do to make change happen.
Old 9th July 2020, 17.49:46   #213-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:

I've done my analysis over the last eight years and all I know is ANYTHING would be better than this, anything. I mean what on earth would we miss? Why would anyone want to protect this current system, a system that's taken us to our lowest place in history, years of footballing disasters and embarrassing displays and players?

Why would anyone be hesitant to let go of disaster? What are people scared of exactly? The only thing worse than this is liquidation.
Why can't the WST nuts just pull out and set up a club of their own in the league of Wales or a pin league for god sake, just let us have our club back.

Last edited by dixienormous; 9th July 2020 at 17.56:23..
Old 9th July 2020, 17.55:02   #214-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:

Which is a sound principle when things are going right. But the club is in serious danger of going bust. Having the same people make the same mistakes over and over again won't solve any of our huge issues
Old 9th July 2020, 17.57:42   #215-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I've done my analysis over the last eight years and all I know is ANYTHING would be better than this, anything. I mean what on earth would we miss? Why would anyone want to protect this current system, a system that's taken us to our lowest place in history, years of footballing disasters and embarrassing displays and players?

Why would anyone be hesitant to let go of disaster?
That's exactly what doesn't work in a normal business setting - no offence.

Clearly lots of things are worse than our current structure.

I'd encourage those who want a change to come up with a solution that that can be proposed to the owners of the club, with reasons why it would be preferable to the status quo.
Old 9th July 2020, 17.59:50   #216-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
Which is a sound principle when things are going right. But the club is in serious danger of going bust. Having the same people make the same mistakes over and over again won't solve any of our huge issues
No, it's just a sound principle.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.33:04.