Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th June 2020, 20.31:52   #31-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
Connolly2000's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold road
Real Name: Scott
Twitter: @





Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

MY refund will be over £70 (Mine and My Lads), if i don't ask for a refund i really couldn't see me paying for another season of tripe, feeling like a laughing stock, and embarrassed by how far we have fallen.
But i will put this aside for one last throw of the dice, so the club will get it back from me.

KEATES OUT? NOT ME PAL? I DIN@T WANT HIM BACK..........
Old 1st July 2020, 07.26:46   #32-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
Good reason to ignore this site. I'm convinced the hostiles are all chester supporters . If not then they need to bite the bullet and work through the club by standing for election and doing the hard work. Failing that all get together raid your piggy banks and offer to buy the club. Then we might have some real information to deal with..
Bye then.
Ah the old 'get yourself elected' line, still steeped in ignorance and a complete lack of thinking. Straight out of the WST bible.

You and Wirral carry on clapping like demented seals at total failure if that's what gets your pants wet but don't have the audacity to have a go at those who want and expect better.

Lauding it like you're some sort of heros for unquestioned support when the reality is the opposite. Moronic.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 1st July 2020, 07.40:03   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Jaded's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Bye then.
Ah the old 'get yourself elected' line, still steeped in ignorance and a complete lack of thinking. Straight out of the WST bible.

You and Wirral carry on clapping like demented seals at total failure if that's what gets your pants wet but don't have the audacity to have a go at those who want and expect better.

Lauding it like you're some sort of heros for unquestioned support when the reality is the opposite. Moronic.
Unfortunately, Phil, there will always be people who think that supporting the club even when it's in massive danger from the incompetence of those running it is the right thing to do.

Going back many years, I remember when a few of us suggested that Dickens and Moss were perhaps not the greatest people to have involved. We were told that we were ridiculous, constantly bitched at, and repeatedly linked to quotes such as the (in)famous Simon Johnson one "The Supporters' Trust is looking forward to working with Neville Dickens and Geoff Moss. They both have good links with the club and are doing this for the right reasons. Everybody else has been interested in the land, these people are interested in the club itself.

Sadly, all too often, people want what they see as stability rather than actually hoping for progress to a brighter future.
Old 1st July 2020, 08.07:53   #34-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

I haven’t been to a game or put a penny into the club since the January circus. Haven’t renewed 2 x season tickets since either. I won’t change my mind until the bored are transparent, admit their failings and then do the right thing and resign. They have had countless opportunities to do so, yet still hide behind their mistakes.
__________________
#NotAPennyMore
Old 1st July 2020, 08.10:34   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Jaded's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
Good reason to ignore this site. I'm convinced the hostiles are all chester supporters . If not then they need to bite the bullet and work through the club by standing for election and doing the hard work. Failing that all get together raid your piggy banks and offer to buy the club. Then we might have some real information to deal with..
"Hostiles" is a really interesting choice of word here. There definitely seem to be some people who feel any criticism of the current board is 'hostile'. For me, despite being a staunch supporter of fans ownership since before the WST were - I was one of the relatively few people saying we should try and find a way to go it alone rather than throw our weight behind Moss and Dickens - I had a somewhat idealistic view of the WST as a democratic body which would listen to its members.

Sadly, the issues with motions not being acted on, questions sent in for the Q & A being completely ignored, heckling at meetings which the chair does nothing to discourage, and misinformation being fed to members leaves me unable to support the current board. If you feel only those people who can either stand for election or buy the club should be able to criticise, that's certainly a point of view. For me, I would really like to see the club be as good as it can be, so will continue to speak out if I think mistakes are being made, just as I have done ever since the Hamilton/Guterman days.

Obviously, other people have different priorities, and if you feel that the need to massage the board's ego is more important, then I wouldn't dream of telling you you're wrong.
Old 1st July 2020, 08.35:14   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Unfortunately, Phil, there will always be people who think that supporting the club even when it's in massive danger from the incompetence of those running it is the right thing to do.

Going back many years, I remember when a few of us suggested that Dickens and Moss were perhaps not the greatest people to have involved. We were told that we were ridiculous, constantly bitched at, and repeatedly linked to quotes such as the (in)famous Simon Johnson one "The Supporters' Trust is looking forward to working with Neville Dickens and Geoff Moss. They both have good links with the club and are doing this for the right reasons. Everybody else has been interested in the land, these people are interested in the club itself.

Sadly, all too often, people want what they see as stability rather than actually hoping for progress to a brighter future.
Assume you were at that meeting held at The Miners ? It was very much like a religious revival at some stages. A call of hands was called for and less than a handful voted no to the two men you refer to, including myself. I was with dear of Les Evans that night.
Was there an alternative?
Old 1st July 2020, 08.53:48   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
cardiffred's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name: Gareth Davies





Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Unfortunately, Phil, there will always be people who think that supporting the club even when it's in massive danger from the incompetence of those running it is the right thing to do.

Going back many years, I remember when a few of us suggested that Dickens and Moss were perhaps not the greatest people to have involved. We were told that we were ridiculous, constantly bitched at, and repeatedly linked to quotes such as the (in)famous Simon Johnson one "The Supporters' Trust is looking forward to working with Neville Dickens and Geoff Moss. They both have good links with the club and are doing this for the right reasons. Everybody else has been interested in the land, these people are interested in the club itself.

Sadly, all too often, people want what they see as stability rather than actually hoping for progress to a brighter future.
Agree with this... unfortunately I don't see any vision for a brighter future other than, it can't be worse than this lot.
Old 1st July 2020, 10.16:53   #38-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Left View Post
Assume you were at that meeting held at The Miners ? It was very much like a religious revival at some stages. A call of hands was called for and less than a handful voted no to the two men you refer to, including myself. I was with dear of Les Evans that night.
Was there an alternative?
Everyone else was being chased off, if anyone genuine was debating launching a bid I'm sure that scared them off for good.

Gary Dewhusrt although I wouldn't want him involved has spoken publicly on twitter regarding such behaviour.
Old 1st July 2020, 11.06:11   #39-0 (permalink)
Squad Player
 
jase1runner's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Real Name: Jason
Twitter: @jase1sky





Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

If I wanted to do what I could to destroy Wrexham AFC I would start a thread on their main forum and encourge fans to not contribute another penny.

I will be donating my season ticket money to our club, and look forward to the day i can watch my team again.
Old 1st July 2020, 11.41:49   #40-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase1runner View Post
If I wanted to do what I could to destroy Wrexham AFC I would start a thread on their main forum and encourge fans to not contribute another penny.

I will be donating my season ticket money to our club, and look forward to the day i can watch my team again.
Or you could go one better and get yourself onto the club board and mismanage the club for a few years until it almost gets relegated only to be saved by a pandemic.
You could also appoint a footgolf bloke who used to play for us 20 odd years ago as manager, then sit back and watch him make a right mess of things, then sack him and bring back the one man the fans didn't want, thus driving thousands of fans off the gate and losing the club money.

You could then kick out a volunteer group and lie about it, ignore and delay a mandate from the members for years, lose control of the clubs social media account which rogue tweets are sent from, then lie about the loans said tweets told everyone about and try to throw Don Bircham under the bus.

I think all this and everything else that I've missed has done far more long term and short term damage than some thread on a fans forum.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.37:03.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12