Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th June 2020, 19.44:52   #28-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Keep clapping your heroes will take you to the promised land of the Welsh pyramid soon enough
Old 30th June 2020, 19.56:45   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
Good reason to ignore this site. I'm convinced the hostiles are all chester supporters . If not then they need to bite the bullet and work through the club by standing for election and doing the hard work. Failing that all get together raid your piggy banks and offer to buy the club. Then we might have some real information to deal with..
Bottom of the league courtesy of WST
Old 30th June 2020, 20.02:15   #30-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Good reason to ignore this site. I'm convinced the hostiles are all chester supporters . If not then they need to bite the bullet and work through the club by standing for election and doing the hard work. Failing that all get together raid your piggy banks and offer to buy the club. Then we might have some real information to deal with..
Interesting that you see us as “hostile”. Confirms my suspicion that you lot have declared war on the fans.
Old 30th June 2020, 20.31:52   #31-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold road

MY refund will be over £70 (Mine and My Lads), if i don't ask for a refund i really couldn't see me paying for another season of tripe, feeling like a laughing stock, and embarrassed by how far we have fallen.
But i will put this aside for one last throw of the dice, so the club will get it back from me.

KEATES OUT? NOT ME PAL? I DIN@T WANT HIM BACK..........
Old 1st July 2020, 07.26:46   #32-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Bye then.
Ah the old 'get yourself elected' line, still steeped in ignorance and a complete lack of thinking. Straight out of the WST bible.

You and Wirral carry on clapping like demented seals at total failure if that's what gets your pants wet but don't have the audacity to have a go at those who want and expect better.

Lauding it like you're some sort of heros for unquestioned support when the reality is the opposite. Moronic.
Old 1st July 2020, 07.40:03   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Bye then.
Ah the old 'get yourself elected' line, still steeped in ignorance and a complete lack of thinking. Straight out of the WST bible.

You and Wirral carry on clapping like demented seals at total failure if that's what gets your pants wet but don't have the audacity to have a go at those who want and expect better.

Lauding it like you're some sort of heros for unquestioned support when the reality is the opposite. Moronic.
Unfortunately, Phil, there will always be people who think that supporting the club even when it's in massive danger from the incompetence of those running it is the right thing to do.

Going back many years, I remember when a few of us suggested that Dickens and Moss were perhaps not the greatest people to have involved. We were told that we were ridiculous, constantly bitched at, and repeatedly linked to quotes such as the (in)famous Simon Johnson one "The Supporters' Trust is looking forward to working with Neville Dickens and Geoff Moss. They both have good links with the club and are doing this for the right reasons. Everybody else has been interested in the land, these people are interested in the club itself.

Sadly, all too often, people want what they see as stability rather than actually hoping for progress to a brighter future.
Old 1st July 2020, 08.07:53   #34-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

I haven’t been to a game or put a penny into the club since the January circus. Haven’t renewed 2 x season tickets since either. I won’t change my mind until the bored are transparent, admit their failings and then do the right thing and resign. They have had countless opportunities to do so, yet still hide behind their mistakes.
Old 1st July 2020, 08.10:34   #35-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
"Hostiles" is a really interesting choice of word here. There definitely seem to be some people who feel any criticism of the current board is 'hostile'. For me, despite being a staunch supporter of fans ownership since before the WST were - I was one of the relatively few people saying we should try and find a way to go it alone rather than throw our weight behind Moss and Dickens - I had a somewhat idealistic view of the WST as a democratic body which would listen to its members.

Sadly, the issues with motions not being acted on, questions sent in for the Q & A being completely ignored, heckling at meetings which the chair does nothing to discourage, and misinformation being fed to members leaves me unable to support the current board. If you feel only those people who can either stand for election or buy the club should be able to criticise, that's certainly a point of view. For me, I would really like to see the club be as good as it can be, so will continue to speak out if I think mistakes are being made, just as I have done ever since the Hamilton/Guterman days.

Obviously, other people have different priorities, and if you feel that the need to massage the board's ego is more important, then I wouldn't dream of telling you you're wrong.
Old 1st July 2020, 08.35:14   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Unfortunately, Phil, there will always be people who think that supporting the club even when it's in massive danger from the incompetence of those running it is the right thing to do.

Going back many years, I remember when a few of us suggested that Dickens and Moss were perhaps not the greatest people to have involved. We were told that we were ridiculous, constantly bitched at, and repeatedly linked to quotes such as the (in)famous Simon Johnson one "The Supporters' Trust is looking forward to working with Neville Dickens and Geoff Moss. They both have good links with the club and are doing this for the right reasons. Everybody else has been interested in the land, these people are interested in the club itself.

Sadly, all too often, people want what they see as stability rather than actually hoping for progress to a brighter future.
Assume you were at that meeting held at The Miners ? It was very much like a religious revival at some stages. A call of hands was called for and less than a handful voted no to the two men you refer to, including myself. I was with dear of Les Evans that night.
Was there an alternative?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.12:01.