Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th July 2020, 18.08:15   #217-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Claim back your season ticket refund (#NotAPennyMore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
I get that lots of people have grievances but don't want to stand for election to the WST board.

However, what I would add to Wirral Red's point is that I manage a fairly large team of people where I work. In my team I welcome change, but framed in a positive way - I want people to have done some analysis and to suggest changes evidenced by research and facts, and to demonstrate why their proposed solution would be better than the status-quo. I've personally experienced the fact that change without a clear vision of an end-state often leads from the frying pan to the fire.

What really doesn't work is people who complain, but then are not willing to lean into the work of making change happen, or to propose a defined solution. In my experience, in the end, those people ultimately don't get anywhere and become sidelined.
So when you manage your team:
During the last 12 months you sink to the lowest performance level ever.
You lose 30% of your customer base
Extra security have to be brought in just to do your job as there is so much I'll feeling against you
Some dodgy financial dealings have gone on without going through the books

Would all this be accepted by your company?
Old 9th July 2020, 18.08:54   #218-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
That's exactly what doesn't work in a normal business setting - no offence.

Clearly lots of things are worse than our current structure.

I'd encourage those who want a change to come up with a solution that that can be proposed to the owners of the club, with reasons why it would be preferable to the status quo.
I offered my thoughts on the CoE it got nowhere, John Mills' way our the highway. Of course he's never wanted the CoE from day one.

If those at the top aren't open minded it doesn't matter what case you put together.
Old 9th July 2020, 18.23:33   #219-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
No, it's just a sound principle.
As is interviewing staff and checking qualifications to do the role but you seemed ok that we didn’t bother with that one. Unless you still don’t believe me?
Old 9th July 2020, 19.47:25   #220-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
As is interviewing staff and checking qualifications to do the role but you seemed ok that we didn’t bother with that one. Unless you still don’t believe me?
If you aren't crystal clear on the change you want with evidence which proves why it will be effective you won't make any progress.
Old 9th July 2020, 20.02:48   #221-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Anti board fanaticism? Its anti failure fanaticism. You are obviously fine with failure and apathy rules in your world.

I don't need to provide any alternative list, why should I?

The ones there now aren't suitable, this is proven fact, yet you'll vote for them? *Slow clap*

So it doesn't fall down at all, because its not down to me or any fan to go around recruiting candidates.

In which case all you offer is negativity , this is an easy path to follow but ultimately lads nowhere. Concrete proposals are needed to show your alternatives.
If you're not up for it you have to identify people who are willing and able to take over and mobilise to get them into position. If not remain a keyboard warrior repeating the same old moans to a dwindling audience.
Old 9th July 2020, 20.25:26   #222-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
In which case all you offer is negativity , this is an easy path to follow but ultimately lads nowhere. Concrete proposals are needed to show your alternatives.
If you're not up for it you have to identify people who are willing and able to take over and mobilise to get them into position. If not remain a keyboard warrior repeating the same old moans to a dwindling audience.
Leave him alone, one day he will have to find other things to do with his time other than to troll on here - not knowing him or his circumstances considering his hours spent on here - perhaps a job or a seat on the board - God forbid
awaiting response from usual suspects

Love G
Old 9th July 2020, 20.28:45   #223-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
If you aren't crystal clear on the change you want with evidence which proves why it will be effective you won't make any progress.
The one thing you can’t say is I haven’t put a consistent alternative forward and examples of what is needed in terms of strategy and capital required - a new pragmatic approach ala Wimbledon

Nice question swerve by the way - I had to use edit to come back and acknowledge it

Last edited by Bagger Vance; 9th July 2020 at 20.30:12..
Old 9th July 2020, 20.31:08   #224-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
The one thing you can’t say is I haven’t put a consistent alternative forward and examples of what is needed in terms of strategy and capital required - a new pragmatic approach ala Wimbledon
Do you have someone lined up with the money to do what Wimbledon have done? Or could you suggest some contacts you have that they can engage with to do something similar?
Old 9th July 2020, 20.34:55   #225-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
What if you are crystal clear, and still don't make progress?

Richard Ulrich proposed a resolution last year.

“The Society resolves to adopt a business continuity/succession planning policy to ensure that a smooth and seamless transition can take place if an elected society board member who is appointed to the football club board can no longer carry on in that role for whatever reason. Such a policy (to be drafted and agreed by the Society board and published on the WST website) will provide for all the elected society board members appointed to the football club board to have a “shadow” who will be an elected society board member (not currently appointed to the football club board) to learn the role and responsibilities of the person that they are shadowing.”

For - 403
Against - 23
Abstain - 10

This resolution was carried.

The previous year, Ian Parry and Nathan Davies proposed a motion.

“The Society resolves that:
1. There is designated wheelchair and carer bays at the front of the Hays Travel stand.
2. That the club take action as soon as possible on further platforms as soon as funding is in place,
and the plans have been passed by Wrexham Council and by the Safety Officer.
3. That these new facilities are not tied in to, or dependent upon, any other stadium redevelopments.
4. That the club meets minimum standards of accessibility at the earliest possible opportunity.”

They even gave evidence, in the form of background information.

It has come to our attention that Wrexham AFC, whether through a lack of finance, vision or compassion, have let the proposed building of further wheelchair viewing platforms become an infuriatingly long drawn out and laborious, unfinished, process.

Since the opening of the inaugural platform in 2015 by Lord Faulkner of Worcester, Wrexham AFC has had an abundance of positive nationwide publicity regarding this new facility for disabled fans. However, instead of striding forward and consolidating this with additional facilities, the club has rested on its laurels and appears content to sit back and accept the plaudits for achieving the implementation of a single solitary wheelchair viewing platform.

We believe that rather than this be the minimum requirement it should have indeed been a catalyst for further development and an opportunity to show many other clubs how to accommodate and welcome disabled supporters.

The official capacity of My Racecourse is quoted as 10,500 and according to the recently published “Green Guide” it states that “there should be 100 wheelchair spaces in a venue of 10,000 or more seats” At the moment My Racecourse has 6 designated wheelchair spaces on the wheelchair viewing platform, whilst the other “designated” wheelchair spaces are in fact seats designed for able bodied supporters where wheelchair users are expected to comfortably position themselves; more often with a carer squeezing in alongside.

Many disabled Wrexham fans attend matches in all weather conditions and deserve at least the basic right of shelter. Additional and improved disabled viewing facilities would show that the club does indeed care, recognises and appreciates their dedicated support.

We note that the club originally applied for funding for 3 platforms at £18,000 each in 2014/15

Despite the Trust board claiming there were inaccuracies in the background information Ian and Nathan gave - they've still never explained what these inaccuracies were - the resolution was carried.

For - 235
Against - 48
Abstentions - 21

Progress on both of these resolutions has been extremely slow, despite the massive proportion of people voting who voted for them, and I know the board have already said they'll put forward their own amendments to the shadowing resolution at the upcoming AGM.

I'm unconvinced there's anything 'crystal clear' enough to get past the current board when they don't want to do it.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.18:22.