Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Do you have confidence in Dean Keates?
Yes 43 19.46%
No 142 64.25%
Undecided 36 16.29%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd July 2020, 09.41:27   #100-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Do you have confidence in Dean Keates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
I think Keates can make us solid, mid table, maybe sneak a play offs. I THINK.

I don't think we will flirt with relegation again once he gets his players in anyway, not convinced if that makes me confident in him.
But are you prepared to watch his turgid anti football in exchange for a mid table finish? I’m certainly not.
Wrexhan fans want to watch a winning team that plays good football. I think many would accept one or the other but Keates gives us neither.
Old 3rd July 2020, 10.15:23   #101-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

I don't think we will flirt with relegation again once he gets his players in anyway, not convinced if that makes me confident in him.
Surely, that simply isn't good enough?

Hoping to scrape into the play-offs. We should be expecting a title push each year with play-offs as a fall-back. It shows how much we've sunk when mid-table becomes an expection/signs of progress.
Old 3rd July 2020, 10.21:14   #102-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post

Hoping to scrape into the play-offs. We should be expecting a title push each year with play-offs as a fall-back. It shows how much we've sunk when mid-table becomes an expection/signs of progress.
Its the acceptance of failure and plummeting expectations that crept into some fans.
Said it before we'll be Chester mk II soon if we're not careful.
Old 3rd July 2020, 11.08:42   #103-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:

Whilst appreciating your point of view, it's seems you have accepted being non league is our level, which under the current way the club is run is our level, you also appear to be happy to bumble along in midtable flirting with a play off position, but what makes it so sad for me is you're happy to accept that whilst watching the most turgid football this club has ever suffered..
Posted via mobile theme
Old 3rd July 2020, 11.17:35   #104-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUMBS View Post
Best i can say of Keates is that he is inadequate , Walsall discovered this and paid the price , then we took him back where we are paying the price again . NLN at best .

Your post sums it up Keates was poached from us by Walsall, then he was found out quite quickly as being out of his depth signing non league players for division 1 first sacked was his assistant who they realised was nothing more than a PE Teacher laughed at behind his back by our players when he took over from Keates... As he set them on course for relegation they did the sensible thing and sacked him

His replacement in division 2 said he could not believe how bad a squad Keates left him...

So what do we do replace a foot golf expert with this total arse wipe failure who but for the Pandemic would of took us down... Any sensible club would of got rid of him as he signed lots of of players and loanees and took us further to back than Hughes did.

#notapennymore
Posted via mobile theme
Old 3rd July 2020, 11.19:46   #105-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Its the acceptance of failure and plummeting expectations that crept into some fans.
Said it for years. Although the use of the word some is being kind. Happy clappers are everywhere. No pressure on the club to perform whatsoever. We'll remain in this league until this attitude changes.
Old 3rd July 2020, 11.23:25   #106-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
But are you prepared to watch his turgid anti football in exchange for a mid table finish? I’m certainly not.
Wrexhan fans want to watch a winning team that plays good football. I think many would accept one or the other but Keates gives us neither.
The anti-football thing I have always maintained doesn't bother me in the slightest. Never has never will. So long as it is acceptable. When its dire and ineffective that is the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post

Oh yes I agree, that is where we are currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Whilst appreciating your point of view, it's seems you have accepted being non league is our level, which under the current way the club is run is our level, you also appear to be happy to bumble along in midtable flirting with a play off position, but what makes it so sad for me is you're happy to accept that whilst watching the most turgid football this club has ever suffered..
Posted via mobile theme
Again as above, the style of football isn't part of the conversation for me. I am not accepting of being a mid table side at all. That kind of mediocrity will be the undoing of the club because people will just switch off and stop coming.

I think perhaps what I didn't explain in my original post is that the original question doesn't really give a true reflection. Am I confident in Keates to do what? Challenge for the title - no I don't think so. Nothing points to that at all.

I think in amongst all the shit, its easy to forget how good we were under Ricketts and that wasn't all that long ago.
Old 3rd July 2020, 11.26:41   #107-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Has there been a team that's got promoted from this league playing dreadful ineffective football? I can't think of any.
Its really daft to suggest that we can play that negative football that Keates teams play and be successful. Its just pure fantasy and totally unrealistic, it never happens, ever.

That penny should have dropped the first time he was here, bored everyone to death and his team achieved absolutely nothing.
Old 3rd July 2020, 12.03:13   #108-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Has there been a team that's got promoted from this league playing dreadful ineffective football? I can't think of any.
Its really daft to suggest that we can play that negative football that Keates teams play and be successful. Its just pure fantasy and totally unrealistic, it never happens, ever.

That penny should have dropped the first time he was here, bored everyone to death and his team achieved absolutely nothing.
Teams have promoted playing ugly effective football.

Keates can't even manage that.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.42:07.