RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Evatt leaves Barrow (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/115851-evatt-leaves-barrow.html)

Whistler 1st July 2020 19.39:07

Evatt leaves Barrow

Ian Evatt leaves newly promoted Barrow to manage Bolton. We see again no loyalty from a manager Barrow back in the Football League after 40 something years all the fans full of hope and optimism are now left wondering what the new season has in store for them

Foxy 1st July 2020 19.42:17

Re: Evatt leaves Barrow

[QUOTE=Whistler;2368484]Ian Evatt leaves newly promoted Barrow to manage Bolton. We see again no loyalty from a manager Barrow back in the Football League after 40 something years all the fans full of hope and optimism are now left wondering what the new season has in store for them[/QUOTE]

At least he stayed till the end. Our managers have contracts which allow them to walk at any point, even if we are doing well. If Evatt was the Wrexham manager and we were top of the league , he would have a contract which would allow him to go to Bolton in February.

billybersham 1st July 2020 20.00:47

[QUOTE=Whistler;2368484]Ian Evatt leaves newly promoted Barrow to manage Bolton. We see again no loyalty from a manager Barrow back in the Football League after 40 something years all the fans full of hope and optimism are now left wondering what the new season has in store for them[/QUOTE]

But it works both ways,as Barrow were looking at promotion at the start of the season a poor start would have seen Mr Evatt sacked,well done Ian Evatt and good luck for next season.

Cartman 1st July 2020 20.03:34

Not really. He rebuffed Fylde's advances earlier in the season (no doubt a big pay rise), stayed til the end and got the job done - ending Barrow's 40 year Football League exile. If only we could keep hold of a manager who was doing well for a full season.

Wiltshire_Red 1st July 2020 20.39:44

[QUOTE=Foxy;2368488]At least he stayed till the end. Our managers have contracts which allow them to walk at any point, even if we are doing well. If Evatt was the Wrexham manager and we were top of the league , he would have a contract which would allow him to go to Bolton in February.[/QUOTE]

Spot on

krux 1st July 2020 20.40:34

[QUOTE=Foxy;2368488]At least he stayed till the end. Our managers have contracts which allow them to walk at any point, even if we are doing well. If Evatt was the Wrexham manager and we were top of the league , he would have a contract which would allow him to go to Bolton in February.[/QUOTE]

Yep, finished the job.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

joe 1st July 2020 20.51:40

Should have got him when Hughes was sacked and the season was still young.

Barrow will be fine I think. You have to be seriously turd on and off the pitch to get relegated from the Football League.

KT12 Exile 1st July 2020 21.45:23

Come on. I know they're in the same division next season but the difference in the size of the clubs is huge. Surely no one can begrudge him this move? Particularly given that he stayed until the job was done and didn't bail at a crucial moment.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

NottsRed 2nd July 2020 07.15:44

At least he went now. Gives them time to get someone in and build up the squad.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.08:06.