Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: Which WST share ownership would you endorse?
51% or more (controlling interest) 69 37.91%
50% 25 13.74%
40% 29 15.93%
30% 14 7.69%
20% 16 8.79%
10% 29 15.93%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th July 2020, 15.41:13   #28-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST share percentage: have your say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
What would be the point of setting a fictious price on a public forum?
You could say that about any aspect of any debate. How can you say what percentage you would sell if you don't not know what it’s worth. What would be the point in selling any percentage unless it’s a worthwhile sum to be received?

I think people may be thinking we could get millions and not relinquish control.

I’m not getting at you just think some expectations aren’t well founded.

Do give us an idea do you think someone would invest significantly for the than 50% shareholding?
Old 5th July 2020, 15.49:49   #29-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
why is there no option for zero shares
Because it's not about full sale.

Those who voted for full sale on the other pole have made their views clear, black and white.

This is about drilling down for those who voted for some WST ownership, about how large a share ownership (and by extension how much influence and power) they would be comfortable for WST to have?
Old 5th July 2020, 15.51:48   #30-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

But how can anyone have a view without know what the sale is worth? If 20% is worth a million why would we sell more? If 60% is worth £1m why bother?
Old 5th July 2020, 16.07:12   #31-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Jackoisback View Post
You could say that about any aspect of any debate. How can you say what percentage you would sell if you don't not know what it’s worth. What would be the point in selling any percentage unless it’s a worthwhile sum to be received?

I think people may be thinking we could get millions and not relinquish control.

I’m not getting at you just think some expectations aren’t well founded.

Do give us an idea do you think someone would invest significantly for the than 50% shareholding?
As I've already said I doubt anyone would invest any significant sum without gaining a controlling share ownership from it, so 51% or more.

Would you be happy with a group of strangers having control over a lump of your cash, with no legally binding say on how it's spent?

I don't believe there's someone out there who's going to come in and buy the club, then dump millions in. But bad use of big money is rarely successful, it's just wasteful. We don't have big money, but we also don't make good use of the money we have. Teams like Lincoln have shown that the good use of some money makes a big difference.

Clubs like Wrexham have to play the long game well, but at the moment it's short term thinking on an infinite loop. We need thought, care, professional practice, strategy, short, medium and long term vision. Then we need some money to drive it.

The problem is the club doesn't have those things and is just lacking the investment, it needs the lot. I believe anyone who knows their business would see this pretty quick, and would therefore insist on a controlling interest.
Old 5th July 2020, 16.26:15   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
As I've already said I doubt anyone would invest any significant sum without gaining a controlling share ownership from it, so 51% or more.

Would you be happy with a group of strangers having control over a lump of your cash, with no legally binding say on how it's spent?

I don't believe there's someone out there who's going to come in and buy the club, then dump millions in. But bad use of big money is rarely successful, it's just wasteful. We don't have big money, but we also don't make good use of the money we have. Teams like Lincoln have shown that the good use of some money makes a big difference.

Clubs like Wrexham have to play the long game well, but at the moment it's short term thinking on an infinite loop. We need thought, care, professional practice, strategy, short, medium and long term vision. Then we need some money to drive it.

The problem is the club doesn't have those things and is just lacking the investment, it needs the lot. I believe anyone who knows their business would see this pretty quick, and would therefore insist on a controlling interest.
LD - I completely agree in that anyone putting in a big sum would want control and I believe a small amount won’t make a difference. Therefore all this change of ownership is a load of hot air. If we do want to get a high offer for the club then it’s got to be the sale of a controlling interest.

It’s just my opinion but I don’t think anyone will be interested in pumping in a load of cash to buy.

Organic planned progression is our way forward
Old 5th July 2020, 16.33:36   #33-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Jackoisback View Post
LD - I completely agree in that anyone putting in a big sum would want control and I believe a small amount won’t make a difference. Therefore all this change of ownership is a load of hot air. If we do want to get a high offer for the club then it’s got to be the sale of a controlling interest.

It’s just my opinion but I don’t think anyone will be interested in pumping in a load of cash to buy.

Organic planned progression is our way forward
Planned progression is what the club does need, whichever label you choose to give that.

The club doesn't just need funding for players, it needs to funding for all those football related aspects which have been systemically neglected. But to that funding to it's full potential the club needs all those skills mentioned in my earlier post.

Those are not being shown by the club in this guise.
Old 5th July 2020, 16.46:50   #34-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

thanks for that explanation
Old 8th July 2020, 15.17:09   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Complete sale. I want someone new to come in and run the show top to bottom. These lot have had nearly 10 years now and we’ve got nowhere.

The people trying to sell Wigan might have a few quid spare.
Old 8th July 2020, 15.26:22   #36-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
The people trying to sell Wigan might have a few quid spare.
Cheers for the bump.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.06:46.