Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd July 2020, 14.26:42   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Seeing Pete Jones and John Mills step down gives me a tiny bit of hope for the future. Not much, but a faint glimmer.
While the HR manager of a cereal factory continues to meddle in football matters at Wrexham FC this club is only going one way and that's relegation.

We need a paid CEO. No conflict of interest, has to deliver and is fully accountable
Old 23rd July 2020, 14.55:08   #22-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Mills and Jones you lost! Driven out by silent majority who with held their hard earned until you went.
The legacy you have left is a club who has finished in its lowest ever position. A Board who cant be trusted to even tell the truth never mind running a business properly. And a divided fan base many of who may never support the club again.
A few more guilty people need to leave the board so keep resigning please
Old 23rd July 2020, 15.01:25   #23-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Does anyone know who the three other candidates for Manager where?
Old 23rd July 2020, 15.06:20   #24-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

To be fair Spencer probably deserves the most respect.
He takes all the flak usually, he speaks to the media the most if not always and all the other board members don't say a word. He's taken the most stick when others just hide behind him.
Yeah, he's made mistakes and is out of his depth but at least we've heard from him even if it isn't what we wanted to hear.

So what about the others, like Gavin Jones? What gives him immunity to criticism? From what I've heard he's a bigger problem than most yet he never gets mentioned.
Old 23rd July 2020, 15.18:26   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post

We need a paid CEO. No conflict of interest, has to deliver and is fully accountable
I could be persuaded at the right price.
Old 23rd July 2020, 15.22:17   #26-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
He takes all the flak usually, he speaks to the media the most if not always and all the other board members don't say a word. He's taken the most stick when others just hide behind him.
Yeah, he's made mistakes and is out of his depth but at least we've heard from him even if it isn't what we wanted to hear.

So what about the others, like Gavin Jones? What gives him immunity to criticism? From what I've heard he's a bigger problem than most yet he never gets mentioned.
This. There is much wrong but at least he fronts up.
Old 23rd July 2020, 15.26:43   #27-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Appeared to be full of his own importance but proven to be out of his depth! Incidentally, not all RP posters hide behind their pseudonyms when constructively criticising the WST Board! You know who I am!

Last edited by cynprifathro; 23rd July 2020 at 15.28:26..
Old 23rd July 2020, 15.34:04   #28-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @no thanks

Quote:

I agree, too many of them are happy to remain silent and allow Spencer to take the flak.
I think SH should remain on the board in a reduced capacity, keep away from the on field matters but continue with the Kop redevelopment and training ground (if that must continue) as he appears to have built up good relations with local agencies willing to help the club.

We definitely need a full time, paid CEO to be in charge of all the well meaning volunteers and pull everything together.
Old 23rd July 2020, 15.34:08   #29-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynprifathro View Post
Appeared to be full of his own importance but proven to be out of his depth! Incidentally, not all RP posters hide behind their pseudonyms when constructively criticising the WST Board! You know who I am!
Agree he is out of his depth in his role, not sure he is full of self importance though... For all the bad, Pete loves the club I just believe honestly that like most of the trust hard-line he is too wedded to the idea of maintaining the status quo. I think they mostly mean well, but poor execution and lack the ability to reflect on their achievements or lack thereof.

There are some very nasty, murky behaviours lurking at the club though - the recent attempt to discredit Don Bircham is just one example of this.

Most disappointing in Petes statement is the not so thinly veiled swipes he takes at other fans and his distaste for the EGM attempt... The swipe at fans furthers the prevalence of an us and them attitude, the lack of respect for the EGM process indicates a lack of respect for the democratic process which Pete himself helped to establish.
Old 23rd July 2020, 15.35:33   #30-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:

I'd agree with that, at least he's shown some balls. They all need to go.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.19:24.