Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd July 2020, 16.42:51   #41-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
jacthelad's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Real Name: Jac
Twitter: @





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I wonder if they’re aware of things like the resolutions not being acted on, the questions from the Q and A being ignored, the allowing of heckling at public meetings, the minutes which aren’t a true reflection of what happened at board meetings, and other things along those lines? Most people here are, which probably explains their discontent.
They are completely aware. But live with their head in the clouds. Have you been on that new facebook group. If you aren't a fan of the shirt design you're accused of having an agenda. Let alone question Pete Jones
Posted via mobile theme
Old 23rd July 2020, 16.44:20   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

i do not for one minute envy Pete Jon es position, i am sure the majority on whatever board or trust or whatever do have a love of Wrexham fc, i dont doubt that at all and i have been informed that when board members are out in public they can get severly harressed and even abused which is not right but understandable, as for blame we can not blame just one person that is also wrong, there is evidently something wrong at the club and Pete jones has taken a very honourable step of standing down there are others who should do likewise for the good of Wrexham fc
Old 23rd July 2020, 16.55:54   #43-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Jaded's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn View Post
On another fans site there is a thread already with over 50 posters registering their thanks to Pete for his efforts the vast majority of whom used to post on here but have given up because of the level of debate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I wonder if they’re aware of things like the resolutions not being acted on, the questions from the Q and A being ignored, the allowing of heckling at public meetings, the minutes which aren’t a true reflection of what happened at board meetings, and other things along those lines? Most people here are, which probably explains their discontent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
Of course they are but to be in within that site/group you have to believe in the ideology which stifles debate if you all are disciples of the same movement. The reason they don’t like RP as they are in such a shrinking minority and then unable to shout how everything is going so well. If you surround yourself with only people who believe you’re right then you will never learn from your mistakes, our biggest failure is being unable to learn and go forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn View Post
yes I was using it to illustrate the exact differences to the fans forum and on here.

if we cant have civilised debates then things will only get worse and more polarised.
Agreed! In the spirit of civilised debate, do you think posters on that thread are aware of the stuff I pointed out? And since you presumably are, do you think that those things happening might explain why people aren't overly happy with the job that Pete has done over the last few years, as dedicated as he no doubt is?
Old 23rd July 2020, 17.26:15   #44-0 (permalink)
Wyn
First Teamer
 
Wyn's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Agreed! In the spirit of civilised debate, do you think posters on that thread are aware of the stuff I pointed out? And since you presumably are, do you think that those things happening might explain why people aren't overly happy with the job that Pete has done over the last few years, as dedicated as he no doubt is?

I think most are aware of the topics you listed. Even though they don't post on here a lot will still read what's being posted. Some are not interested in the politics of it all.

my opinions on your points:

Resolutions should all be acted on, this is key to the operation of the Trust.

Q&A questions - I think a chunk of the questions were answered and it must have taken a fair amount of time to do so. I was surprised that they were not all answered even if it took a while.

Heckling - haven't experienced it but haven't been to a meeting for a while, during a meeting all speakers should be given the floor and allowed to have their say without interruption. If there were threads on here about it I must have missed them.

Minutes - should be accurate at all times.
Old 23rd July 2020, 17.41:48   #45-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

Wyn your heroes are slowly losing the power they crave how do you defend a bunch of proven liars .? Like or dislike Pete it was time for change now Spencer and Gavin Need removing then we can rebuild what they have totally ruined
Old 23rd July 2020, 17.43:02   #46-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Robin Redvest's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

I would like to thank Pete Jones for all his hard work during some extremely difficult times for Wrexham FC although I agree that it is probably time for a fresh impetus and direction. I don't agree with the personal critisism and abuse and believe it is out of order. I think he deserves a lot more respect from some quarters because without people like Pete we wouldn't have a club. I didn't agree with everything he said but he was always upfront and open whenever I spoke with him and always, always had the clubs best interests at heart. All the best Pete!

Redvest
Old 23rd July 2020, 17.59:49   #47-0 (permalink)
Wyn
First Teamer
 
Wyn's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef1 View Post
Wyn your heroes are slowly losing the power they crave how do you defend a bunch of proven liars .? Like or dislike Pete it was time for change now Spencer and Gavin Need removing then we can rebuild what they have totally ruined
S&G are certainly not my heroes, far from it.

I like Pete as a person and respect him for what he has done for the club and previously posted that a change was needed.

As for changes on the board I would like to see that too. We need some fresh ideas and probably a clear division of responsibilities between the football side and the operational side of the business. We have to try and re-unite the fanbase as its the fans that are the biggest asset the club has.

I still think we can get out of this league under fans ownership but after that we may need outside investment to progress further.
Old 23rd July 2020, 18.35:31   #48-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
mold road trendy's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef1 View Post
Wyn your heroes are slowly losing the power they crave how do you defend a bunch of proven liars .? Like or dislike Pete it was time for change now Spencer and Gavin Need removing then we can rebuild what they have totally ruined
Well said
Old 23rd July 2020, 18.41:50   #49-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

Why is he stood on a chair anyway??
Posted via mobile theme
Old 23rd July 2020, 18.45:34   #50-0 (permalink)
First Teamer
 
mold road trendy's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn View Post
S&G are certainly not my heroes, far from it.

I like Pete as a person and respect him for what he has done for the club and previously posted that a change was needed.

As for changes on the board I would like to see that too. We need some fresh ideas and probably a clear division of responsibilities between the football side and the operational side of the business. We have to try and re-unite the fanbase as its the fans that are the biggest asset the club has.

I still think we can get out of this league under fans ownership but after that we may need outside investment to progress further.
Good reply, I think everyone, if honest can see it is time for change on top board, far too many failings and lies etc, time for Spencer to step aside to another role nothing to do with football side, it's the only chance left to re unite fanbase & save this club, Spencer's position should be fulltime, someone parttime to do Gavin's role, but we need outside investment now & hopefully a buyer with club at heart ASAP , easier said then done though I agree. The fans need re uniting & egos need to be gone.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.17:31.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12