Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd July 2020, 16.33:10   #37-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Pete Jones "I will be stepping down from the Chair "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn View Post
its really sad that people continually post drivel like this.

On another fans site there is a thread already with over 50 posters registering their thanks to Pete for his efforts the vast majority of whom used to post on here but have given up because of the level of debate.
50 posters? Lol or put another way less than 1% of Wrexham fans
Old 23rd July 2020, 16.33:37   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I wonder if they’re aware of things like the resolutions not being acted on, the questions from the Q and A being ignored, the allowing of heckling at public meetings, the minutes which aren’t a true reflection of what happened at board meetings, and other things along those lines? Most people here are, which probably explains their discontent.
Of course they are but to be in within that site/group you have to believe in the ideology which stifles debate if you all are disciples of the same movement. The reason they don’t like RP as they are in such a shrinking minority and then unable to shout how everything is going so well. If you surround yourself with only people who believe you’re right then you will never learn from your mistakes, our biggest failure is being unable to learn and go forward.
Old 23rd July 2020, 16.37:09   #39-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
it will be a vote of the new WST board at the first Trust board meeting following the AGM. All board members will be able to put themselves forward.
It won't.

As there will only be 11 on the new board and the minimum number is 12, the only 2 things they can do is co-opt someone or call another General Meeting.
That's according to the constitution anyway......
Old 23rd July 2020, 16.41:13   #40-0 (permalink)
Wyn
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
Of course they are but to be in within that site/group you have to believe in the ideology which stifles debate if you all are disciples of the same movement. The reason they don’t like RP as they are in such a shrinking minority and then unable to shout how everything is going so well. If you surround yourself with only people who believe you’re right then you will never learn from your mistakes, our biggest failure is being unable to learn and go forward.
yes I was using it to illustrate the exact differences to the fans forum and on here.

if we cant have civilised debates then things will only get worse and more polarised.
Old 23rd July 2020, 16.42:51   #41-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
I wonder if they’re aware of things like the resolutions not being acted on, the questions from the Q and A being ignored, the allowing of heckling at public meetings, the minutes which aren’t a true reflection of what happened at board meetings, and other things along those lines? Most people here are, which probably explains their discontent.
They are completely aware. But live with their head in the clouds. Have you been on that new facebook group. If you aren't a fan of the shirt design you're accused of having an agenda. Let alone question Pete Jones
Posted via mobile theme
Old 23rd July 2020, 16.44:20   #42-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

i do not for one minute envy Pete Jon es position, i am sure the majority on whatever board or trust or whatever do have a love of Wrexham fc, i dont doubt that at all and i have been informed that when board members are out in public they can get severly harressed and even abused which is not right but understandable, as for blame we can not blame just one person that is also wrong, there is evidently something wrong at the club and Pete jones has taken a very honourable step of standing down there are others who should do likewise for the good of Wrexham fc
Old 23rd July 2020, 16.55:54   #43-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
On another fans site there is a thread already with over 50 posters registering their thanks to Pete for his efforts the vast majority of whom used to post on here but have given up because of the level of debate.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by standman View Post
Quote:
yes I was using it to illustrate the exact differences to the fans forum and on here.

if we cant have civilised debates then things will only get worse and more polarised.
Agreed! In the spirit of civilised debate, do you think posters on that thread are aware of the stuff I pointed out? And since you presumably are, do you think that those things happening might explain why people aren't overly happy with the job that Pete has done over the last few years, as dedicated as he no doubt is?
Old 23rd July 2020, 17.26:15   #44-0 (permalink)
Wyn
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Agreed! In the spirit of civilised debate, do you think posters on that thread are aware of the stuff I pointed out? And since you presumably are, do you think that those things happening might explain why people aren't overly happy with the job that Pete has done over the last few years, as dedicated as he no doubt is?

I think most are aware of the topics you listed. Even though they don't post on here a lot will still read what's being posted. Some are not interested in the politics of it all.

my opinions on your points:

Resolutions should all be acted on, this is key to the operation of the Trust.

Q&A questions - I think a chunk of the questions were answered and it must have taken a fair amount of time to do so. I was surprised that they were not all answered even if it took a while.

Heckling - haven't experienced it but haven't been to a meeting for a while, during a meeting all speakers should be given the floor and allowed to have their say without interruption. If there were threads on here about it I must have missed them.

Minutes - should be accurate at all times.
Old 23rd July 2020, 17.41:48   #45-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Wyn your heroes are slowly losing the power they crave how do you defend a bunch of proven liars .? Like or dislike Pete it was time for change now Spencer and Gavin Need removing then we can rebuild what they have totally ruined
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.35:00.