Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th July 2020, 07.09:40   #31-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: ers
Twitter: @

Thumbs down Re: Training Ground Presentation

Wrong time
Old 25th July 2020, 07.29:45   #32-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Default Re: Training Ground Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLH77 View Post
What an absolute joke.....just when you think the incompetence has peaked after the previous few weeks, this plan shows the board are absolutely deluded and hammering the final nails in the coffin.

As the WST have openly stated, they have about £200k in the bank, yet this plan requires (ridiculously undercosted) £110k minimum, not to mention we have no income for the next few months, not even enough players to hold a 5 a side game, and a reducing WST subscription.

Anyone involved in this shambles of a proposal should be embarrassed and ashamed, the numbers are fantasy, and its no wonder the board have guided us to into financial self destruction. Proposing this crap in a private company would get you sacked or demoted at the very least.

Pretty clear leading members of the board are more determined to implement "their" legacy....the "...board members name...training ground"...at the expense of the long term future of the club.

I'm so frustrated and furious with the continued arrogance and incompetence of the board, i'm actually swaying to the belief that administration is least worse way out of this slow painful spiral into oblivion...at least the current board will be the first to be shown the exit door, something they will never do by choice.

Hate to say it....but i genuinely think its true
But is the required money with the WST or Wrexham AFC?
Old 25th July 2020, 07.53:42   #33-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Maybe we should have taken up Carden Parkís kind offers? Many clubs train far from there grounds these days (although itís only 10 mins outside town) and the facilities on offer would have been superb.
Old 25th July 2020, 07.55:57   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagg View Post
They say we can't use it in the daytime, because it is in use, when I've been passed the ground it's been empty.
Yep been passed it many times during the day. Youíd wonder whether itís used at all given that it always appears shut.
Old 25th July 2020, 08.14:40   #35-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Can we call it the Phill Wynn Training Ground?

Without the desire for a new school on the 9 Acre by his education department we would not be presented with this ��
He would have declared his interest as season ticket holder and not be involved at any stage of the process. That will be recorded within the councils legal dept and within his own department as well.
Old 25th July 2020, 08.31:51   #36-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
That cost estimate include build costs is frighteningly low.

Who has compiled these numbers?

Dianne Abbott
Posted via mobile theme
Old 25th July 2020, 08.40:38   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccie View Post
Maybe we should have taken up Carden Parkís kind offers? Many clubs train far from there grounds these days (although itís only 10 mins outside town) and the facilities on offer would have been superb.
One pitch, not very good, Ideal for corporate events. What was the kind offer?
Old 25th July 2020, 09.01:23   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

How far was Barrows training ground from Barrow, wasnít it 95miles. Donít think itís important where it is, itís more important for the management, coaches and players you sign being good enough to carry out the job.
Old 25th July 2020, 09.14:06   #39-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

No way can you get a building like that done for 300k. Will it be a gym inside? What about all the equipment needed?

How much was Colliers to buy from Glyndwr? £1m?

But this is Harris legacy, this is what he wants above all. Itíll be done on the cheap using their mates and end up looking like the infamous Jones Bar.

Still no reason why we canít have an arrangement with the Welsh FA on Colliers, it is an absurd arrangement that thereís a facility like that and the local club is not using it. Like others I have NEVER seen anyone there during the day.

Obviously thereís been a fall out and we are not allowed there for whatever reason.
Old 25th July 2020, 09.17:50   #40-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
I'd also love to know where they got the figures for agricultural land, the average country wide is around £7,500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
'Peppercorn Rent' £1, £100, £1000, £10,000 £100,000 etc ??

Being deliberately deceitful and doubling the cost of land around Wrexham. 40 acres in Cefn Y bedd for £250,000, theyíre was 30 acres up tor sale in Hope at £100,000 both knowhere near the the figure the presentation quotes.
I think you need to compare the price of agricultural land like for like, hope mountain and the dee Vally are poles apart, £10,000 - £15,000 per acre for parcels of up to 10 acres of flat land is about right to the east of wrexham. 5 acres of rough land has just sold in marchweil for £63.500. Recently I have paid more than £15,000 per acre for a small parcel ..... they aint making any more of it!

costings aside I think this is the wrong time and will stretch the club too far.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.51:55.