Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th July 2020, 08.40:38   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Training Ground Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccie View Post
Maybe we should have taken up Carden Park’s kind offers? Many clubs train far from there grounds these days (although it’s only 10 mins outside town) and the facilities on offer would have been superb.
One pitch, not very good, Ideal for corporate events. What was the kind offer?
Old 25th July 2020, 09.01:23   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: The Bell End

How far was Barrows training ground from Barrow, wasn’t it 95miles. Don’t think it’s important where it is, it’s more important for the management, coaches and players you sign being good enough to carry out the job.
Old 25th July 2020, 09.14:06   #39-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

No way can you get a building like that done for 300k. Will it be a gym inside? What about all the equipment needed?

How much was Colliers to buy from Glyndwr? £1m?

But this is Harris legacy, this is what he wants above all. It’ll be done on the cheap using their mates and end up looking like the infamous Jones Bar.

Still no reason why we can’t have an arrangement with the Welsh FA on Colliers, it is an absurd arrangement that there’s a facility like that and the local club is not using it. Like others I have NEVER seen anyone there during the day.

Obviously there’s been a fall out and we are not allowed there for whatever reason.
Old 25th July 2020, 09.17:50   #40-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
I'd also love to know where they got the figures for agricultural land, the average country wide is around £7,500.
Quote:
'Peppercorn Rent' £1, £100, £1000, £10,000 £100,000 etc ??

Being deliberately deceitful and doubling the cost of land around Wrexham. 40 acres in Cefn Y bedd for £250,000, they’re was 30 acres up tor sale in Hope at £100,000 both knowhere near the the figure the presentation quotes.
I think you need to compare the price of agricultural land like for like, hope mountain and the dee Vally are poles apart, £10,000 - £15,000 per acre for parcels of up to 10 acres of flat land is about right to the east of wrexham. 5 acres of rough land has just sold in marchweil for £63.500. Recently I have paid more than £15,000 per acre for a small parcel ..... they aint making any more of it!

costings aside I think this is the wrong time and will stretch the club too far.
Old 25th July 2020, 09.27:14   #41-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardrd View Post
Just seems ridiculous and pointless when the, much underused Colliiers Park.. a State of the art facility is 2 miles down the road. Is there no association whatsoever between the FA of Wales and Wrexham Football Club?
I have raised this issue before an there has yet to be a rational explanation as to why we train in a field when our national association has Premier League standard facilities on our doorstep.
Something does not add up here.. is it Wales FA or our board.. or both?
Must be a fallout. How else do you explain such a ridiculous situation where we can’t use such a facility, being the local club?

How much does it cost to hire a pitch there, anyone know?
Old 25th July 2020, 09.34:25   #42-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz Wxm View Post
I think you need to compare the price of agricultural land like for like, hope mountain and the dee Vally are poles apart, £10,000 - £15,000 per acre for parcels of up to 10 acres of flat land is about right to the east of wrexham. 5 acres of rough land has just sold in marchweil for £63.500. Recently I have paid more than £15,000 per acre for a small parcel ..... they aint making any more of it!

costings aside I think this is the wrong time and will stretch the club too far.
It does say around Wrexham, so isn't factually correct, the land in Cefn Y Bedd is reasonably flat but like Groves will need leveling off. 6 or so acres was available in Rossett for £60k which was as flat as the Groves.
Old 25th July 2020, 09.41:07   #43-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
No way can you get a building like that done for 300k. Will it be a gym inside? What about all the equipment needed?

How much was Colliers to buy from Glyndwr? £1m?

But this is Harris legacy, this is what he wants above all. It’ll be done on the cheap using their mates and end up looking like the infamous Jones Bar.

Still no reason why we can’t have an arrangement with the Welsh FA on Colliers, it is an absurd arrangement that there’s a facility like that and the local club is not using it. Like others I have NEVER seen anyone there during the day.

Obviously there’s been a fall out and we are not allowed there for whatever reason.

You can get a cattle shed as big as that for around £100k I'm told fully cladded, it'll be little more than that or a few shipping containers joined together and repurposed.
Old 25th July 2020, 09.51:38   #44-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by red under the bed View Post
Being in the town has never been more important..It's these out of town business parks that have killed the town centres itself and reduced to boarded up windows..Surely this is a community facility and may generate revenue...
No good having state of the art pitches miles outside that is used for a couple of hours a few times a week...The only way clubs are going to survive now is through business models that provide inclusion to the wider community..The legendary Groves site is being saved for the purpose of the town football team and not some flats or dolls houses thrown up in no time..
I would question that the cost of a 4 g pitch does seem low but they do state it can be added to over time
I haven't got a problem and welcome it...Get on with a new training ground and redeveloped Kop ..I haven't got years to moan about something else for the sake of it
Agreed, we should just get on with it. We need our own facilities and building on a partnership with WBC has got to be good for the town and the club. Developing training facilities and the Racecourse, to anything like the standards before the arrival of the asset strippers that otherwise may have taken decades to achieve, if at all, a partnership with WBC, WAG and Glyndwr is going to be critical.
Old 25th July 2020, 09.55:29   #45-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Cool Re: Training Ground Presentation

Quote:
You can get a cattle shed as big as that for around £100k I'm told fully cladded, it'll be little more than that or a few shipping containers joined together and repurposed.
But that’s not what they’ve drawn and detailed in the presentation.

My fear is that the board believe they can build what they’ve detailed for that budget.

That’s before we get onto it being a waste of money as the site isn’t big enough!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.28:38.