Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

View Poll Results: The Groves Training Ground: How will you be voting?
For 72 34.29%
Against 97 46.19%
Abstaining 8 3.81%
Not eligible to vote 33 15.71%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st July 2020, 09.16:02   #181-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: The Groves Training Ground: How will you be voting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
That is the job of the WST Board to investigate and tell us in order to further inform the membership. However the WST Chairs statement at the weekend seems to indicate that they haven't looked at all.

Why do we HAVE to lease (long term) or buy now by the way?
There are break clauses in the lease in our favour. The first is after 10 years, which I wouldn't call long-term.

We have to do something now because we will have to leave our current training ground in the near future, and without sorting something else out we will be left with nowhere to train.

Because the site is near the Racecourse, players can continue to train and eat there, meaning there is no rush to build other facilities at the Groves. We can do it when we can afford it, which in my mind is also a big bonus.

I'm not being obtuse here - I am genuinely struggling to see any negatives to the Groves at all. I get that people don't like the idea of paying for the development of the pitches etc. but I can't see how that can be avoided no matter what we do. And having our own training ground with pitches designed for our needs seems to me to be a real competitive advantage.
Old 31st July 2020, 09.16:20   #182-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

I hope the results of the ground investigation work on the Groves and the subsequent revision to estimated cost a will be through in time for the already rushed EGM tomorrow.

Frankly, this all could and should have waited.
Old 31st July 2020, 09.18:27   #183-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
But the club doesn't have the money to pay for it otherwise they wouldn't have had the begging bowls out during the last few weeks.
Saying the club will have to pay for it is just stating the bleeding obvious.

So, how are they going to fund this?

These things always always cost more than predicted too.
We're not going to be paying for it all at once. We start with the basics and what we can afford and add to it over time. The point is it's ours, we have security, and it will be an asset to the club.
Old 31st July 2020, 09.22:26   #184-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
There are break clauses in the lease in our favour. The first is after 10 years, which I wouldn't call long-term.

We have to do something now because we will have to leave our current training ground in the near future, and without sorting something else out we will be left with nowhere to train.

Because the site is near the Racecourse, players can continue to train and eat there, meaning there is no rush to build other facilities at the Groves. We can do it when we can afford it, which in my mind is also a big bonus.

I'm not being obtuse here - I am genuinely struggling to see any negatives to the Groves at all. I get that people don't like the idea of paying for the development of the pitches etc. but I can't see how that can be avoided no matter what we do. And having our own training ground with pitches designed for our needs seems to me to be a real competitive advantage.
We can design one pitch for our "needs". I.e. to match the Racecourse dimensions. It does not even leave room for a second full size pitch. Having exactly the same at nine acre has delivered no competitive advantage that I have seen.

To be clear I would live us to have our own training ground, but one that gives us scope and that we can afford.
I don't see any of that now.
Old 31st July 2020, 09.31:56   #185-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
We can design one pitch for our "needs". I.e. to match the Racecourse dimensions. It does not even leave room for a second full size pitch. Having exactly the same at nine acre has delivered no competitive advantage that I have seen.

To be clear I would live us to have our own training ground, but one that gives us scope and that we can afford.
I don't see any of that now.
So where would we train after 9 acres is no longer available?
Old 31st July 2020, 09.34:26   #186-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
We're not going to be paying for it all at once. We start with the basics and what we can afford and add to it over time. The point is it's ours, we have security, and it will be an asset to the club.
Have you seen a payment plan then?

You still haven't told us where the money is coming from. Even if we're not paying for it all at once you still can't tell us where any money for this will come from, why?

The point is on one hand the club is asking for donations with the UTST campaign and on the other they want to build a new training ground? Its absurd. They need to make their minds up.

Furthermore, with non-urgent work shut down, we have had to close the Racecourse and furlough all paid staff – denying us sources of income such as the club shop.
As detailed in our updates, the club has financial reserves but these are being eaten into and we have a rent payment to make on the Racecourse soon too.
Old 31st July 2020, 09.36:08   #187-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Do you really think we won't be able to find anywhere? Really?

And do you really think the places we do find will be any worse than an undrained pitch on an ex school field?

That's project fear.
Old 31st July 2020, 09.38:50   #188-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
So where would we train after 9 acres is no longer available?
Where do we train if the Groves covenant and planning is not gained?

There has been a floodlights beef on that area of land before, where residents won.

There is an active group connected to the Groves site who are already viewing any attempts to change or move covenants with suspicion.

One plus point I would guess is if we can't use the Groves the council, who are in effect evicting us from the 9 Acre, will come under pressure to help facilitate another alternative - you would hope!
Old 31st July 2020, 09.40:45   #189-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

I see what you mean P a a , certain posters appear when things suit them just before a vote , where was he with all the other boards shenanigans earlier , rather the continual shenanigans , strange man .
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.47:53.