Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th July 2020, 12.19:34   #118-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Danny Ward transfer money

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
If Hughes had one of the biggest budgets since we have been down here, it goes a long way to show exactly how awful he was.

Some of the signings smacked of us not having enough budget to compete, where the hell did he invest his money? JJ Hooper I would imagine would be one?
TBH, if our budget was £10m we wouldn't go up because we ruin every half decent player we have.

The amount of players who've left here and been a success elsewhere isn't an accident.

There is a massive problem within Wrexham FC and I reckon everyone in football knows it.

No way will anyone decent come here this summer for that reason alone
Old 29th July 2020, 12.32:53   #119-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Don't blame Hughes, blame those who gave him the job.

The money that's been wasted at this club is scandalous and the board should be held to account over this. But some fans are still intent on giving them a free pass for reasons unknown
Hughes is not without blame? Regardless of what anybody thinks of the board and how he shouldn't have got the blame, he had a golden opportunity in management and he absolutely blew it.
Old 29th July 2020, 12.42:44   #120-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Hughes is not without blame? Regardless of what anybody thinks of the board and how he shouldn't have got the blame, he had a golden opportunity in management and he absolutely blew it.
Yes he has blame, as any manager would.

However it was clear from the start, to pretty much every bugger, that he was in way over his head.

I'd say the lion's share of the blame falls to those who employed him.
Old 29th July 2020, 12.47:31   #121-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

hughes was offered a job, course he was going to take it, those in charge are to blame
Old 29th July 2020, 12.48:40   #122-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Of course he blew it, he was plucked from a footgolf course and thrown in at the deep end with a massive budget. Everyone knew it was going to be a disaster.

He's already taken more than enough blame in my opinion but 90% minimum of the blame should be at the boards door. If a manager employs a staff member who they shouldn't have then its the manager that's to blame and no one else.

So saying how awful he was is just avoiding the real issue and where the real blame lies.

Last edited by Phils-an-alki; 29th July 2020 at 12.51:12..
Old 29th July 2020, 12.55:04   #123-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
If Hughes had one of the biggest budgets since we have been down here, it goes a long way to show exactly how awful he was.

Some of the signings smacked of us not having enough budget to compete, where the hell did he invest his money? JJ Hooper I would imagine would be one?
Would be amazed if Bobby Grant was not one of the top half dozen paid players in the Conference.Woild not have come here from L1 otherwise.Awful value for money-effort should be a bare minimum.
Old 29th July 2020, 13.11:29   #124-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Grant - came from League 1
Redmond - turned down a contract at L2 big spenders Salford
JJ Hooper - a proven goal scorer at Conference Level relocated from London
Lainton - surely would have been in demand given his performances the year before and enticed to stay on a 2 year deal rather than go to League football

I think that highlights how we were spending money at the start of last season. The fact that only the known quantity in the list of four was a success tells its own story.
Old 29th July 2020, 14.16:55   #125-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Of course he blew it, he was plucked from a footgolf course and thrown in at the deep end with a massive budget. Everyone knew it was going to be a disaster.

He's already taken more than enough blame in my opinion but 90% minimum of the blame should be at the boards door. If a manager employs a staff member who they shouldn't have then its the manager that's to blame and no one else.

So saying how awful he was is just avoiding the real issue and where the real blame lies.
What are you talking about "real" blame and "avoiding the issue". Of course he should never have been given the job, I acknowledged that - should never have got the job.

Hughes however made a right pigs ear of it. I genuinely think I would have spent the money better, some of those players he signed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
Would be amazed if Bobby Grant was not one of the top half dozen paid players in the Conference. Would not have come here from L1 otherwise.Awful value for money-effort should be a bare minimum.
Bobby Grant is probably a good shout as to where some of the budget went.
Old 29th July 2020, 14.38:24   #126-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
What are you talking about "real" blame and "avoiding the issue". Of course he should never have been given the job, I acknowledged that - should never have got the job.

Hughes however made a right pigs ear of it. I genuinely think I would have spent the money better, some of those players he signed.
Because you can say he made a pigs ear out of it all you want but its not his fault he was given the job is it. So the real blame is those who gave him the job. Simple.

Na you'd have signed Ruthers 'cos he's on buttons' so I disagree. You wouldn't be ruthless enough, you show us this every pre-season.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.31:58.