Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th July 2020, 17.44:37   #71-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
Is there then a link between Rowan Foods and the areas of Hightown and Caia Park?
Immigrant workforce??
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st July 2020, 14.47:18   #72-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @mikesutto

Default Re: October 3rd start ?

With all the posts about the board meetings and trust shenanigans it's worth noting Johnson's announcements at midday today I think. In among all the stuff about the Greater Manchester semi lockdown it was announced the trial sporting events (Goodwood races, snooker and Surrey/Middlesex cricket) can no longer take place with crowds.

It was also said by Chris Whitty the chief medical officer that we are at the outer limit of how much can/will stay open in society. IE: that the next moves now (as in Manchester area) will be to impose more restrictions not open up more stuff.

Of course there is also the separate issue about the different tighter limits and rules in Wales to England.

But Johnson's statement today stopping spectators attending trial events makes it clear we are not going to be having football with crowds in place any time soon in England let alone Wales.

This is very bad news for all clubs outside the Premiership and maybe Championship who need gate money to survive.

I don't think we can underestimate how important this is and how worrying it is. After this announcement I wouldn't bet a penny piece on the season starting on 3rd October.
Old 31st July 2020, 14.55:53   #73-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Having seen the amount of traffic passing through Ewloe and clogging up local roads, I can envisage a further spike in North Wales over the next 3 weeks.
The people of greater Manchester may have been told not to visit each other but it seems that they are more than happy to visit us.
Old 31st July 2020, 15.41:02   #74-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelps View Post
With all the posts about the board meetings and trust shenanigans it's worth noting Johnson's announcements at midday today I think. In among all the stuff about the Greater Manchester semi lockdown it was announced the trial sporting events (Goodwood races, snooker and Surrey/Middlesex cricket) can no longer take place with crowds.

It was also said by Chris Whitty the chief medical officer that we are at the outer limit of how much can/will stay open in society. IE: that the next moves now (as in Manchester area) will be to impose more restrictions not open up more stuff.

Of course there is also the separate issue about the different tighter limits and rules in Wales to England.

But Johnson's statement today stopping spectators attending trial events makes it clear we are not going to be having football with crowds in place any time soon in England let alone Wales.

This is very bad news for all clubs outside the Premiership and maybe Championship who need gate money to survive.

I don't think we can underestimate how important this is and how worrying it is. After this announcement I wouldn't bet a penny piece on the season starting on 3rd October.
I think you're right. Next season very much looks to be in doubt. There's no point holding lower-league/non-league games behind closed doors - it's not like TV money or audiences will cover the costs of paying player's wages.

It seemed clear from the press conference that it will be a balancing act between reopening schools and restricting elsewhere (sporting crowds, pubs, etc.) There's only one way that will go, and rightly so.

We could get to the stage where all National League clubs will effectively need to be mothballed?

It's going to be a fight for survival for many clubs.
Old 31st July 2020, 15.42:32   #75-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @mikesutto

Yes, agreed totally schools have to be the number one priority of course.
Old 31st July 2020, 16.14:44   #76-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road season ticket holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Having seen the amount of traffic passing through Ewloe and clogging up local roads, I can envisage a further spike in North Wales over the next 3 weeks.
The people of greater Manchester may have been told not to visit each other but it seems that they are more than happy to visit us.
Got stuck in this, Had to go via Hawarden and Dobshill, Apparently there was a 26 mile tail back due to two broken down vehicles and an accident.
This what you get when you have a two lane main road built on the cheap!
Old 31st July 2020, 17.09:08   #77-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Prestatyn is yet again overrun with Mancs and Scousers. Nobody wearing masks and gloves or social distancing - i give up. Blame it on the politicians if you like but basically the vast majority of people appear to be oblivious or just stupid.
Crowds in October - you're having a laugh.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.35:52.