Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st August 2020, 12.49:08   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Tom... totally with you that this needs to be exposed... Social Media is the way forward. A large number of people can be reached 1) without much cost and 2) without too much effort.
Social Media would be a good way, however there's probably so much to disclose that trying to do it via Social Media would be quite difficult, unless information was shared bit by bit.

Would it be taken seriously enough if posted via Social Media? Provided the essential evidence came with it then yes fingers crossed.

I'm no expert on any of this, but I feel too much has gone on that is completely unacceptable and should be made public knowledge.
Old 1st August 2020, 13.21:23   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Steve Gilbert





Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Thanks for the compliment Jaded. Much appreciated.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but doesn’t the WST constitution says that any loans over £25k need to be approved by the members?

Probably why the Trust board weren’t told and they were kept quiet as i think these loans may have breached the Trust constitution.
It says "lending" - which I think refers to lending to others, rather than from others.
Old 1st August 2020, 13.24:46   #33-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
cardiffred's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name: Gareth Davies





Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
Social Media would be a good way, however there's probably so much to disclose that trying to do it via Social Media would be quite difficult, unless information was shared bit by bit.

Would it be taken seriously enough if posted via Social Media? Provided the essential evidence came with it then yes fingers crossed.

I'm no expert on any of this, but I feel too much has gone on that is completely unacceptable and should be made public knowledge.
Depends who posted it i guess. it's not too difficult to get it to look professional. just needs people to decide what needs to be posted and when.

Personally, I think we've just missed a trick with these elections - it was a real opportunity to change.
Old 1st August 2020, 13.58:48   #34-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
Cenotaff's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Personally, I think we've just missed a trick with these elections - it was a real opportunity to change.
To a degree, yes. That said, it could be quite intimidating for any prospective candidate to put their neck out there and not just tow the line.

I don't have the skills required, the know-how to be on a board but I don't think that discredits me from calling out things that don't seem right. If I did have skills that I feel could benefit the club, I'd be extremely wary of putting myself out there.

I get the argument that to seriously influence some change, you may have to put yourself forward but you then need more like minded individuals to do the same who are prepared to be scrutinised maybe to a level that isn't really warranted.

When that Wayne guy from Radio Wales ruffled a few feathers, sure enough, the odd customer review from the business he was involved in is posted up on here.

If people start delving into the lives of board members then it suddenly becomes bullying and personal.

Anybody standing that isn't just a yes man/woman, you have my utmost respect and probably my vote, although whether it's needed is another matter.
Old 1st August 2020, 14.11:46   #35-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Steve Gilbert





Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

When you put your hand up to speak at a WST Members meeting and club directors eyes roll, one of them laughs and questions whether you are even a fan - BEFORE YOU EVEN SPEAK, and the Chair allows all this to happen, then what incentive is there to join the board? Answer, obviously, is none.

I also wonder if the Chair had made his decision to stand down whilst it was still possible to put yourself forward for election, would that have encouraged some that change was possible?
Old 1st August 2020, 14.29:14   #36-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Jaded's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
When you put your hand up to speak at a WST Members meeting and club directors eyes roll, one of them laughs and questions whether you are even a fan - BEFORE YOU EVEN SPEAK, and the Chair allows all this to happen, then what incentive is there to join the board? Answer, obviously, is none.
One of the questions I asked back in December was along the lines of "Is heckling encouraged at meetings? If not, does the Chair take action to remind people about acceptable behaviour."

Weird it didn't get an answer, isn't it?
Old 1st August 2020, 14.31:40   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Steve Gilbert





Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
One of the questions I asked back in December was along the lines of "Is heckling encouraged at meetings? If not, does the Chair take action to remind people about acceptable behaviour."

Weird it didn't get an answer, isn't it?
Isn't it. But then he can't exactly say no if it's coming from the top table.
Old 1st August 2020, 14.39:51   #38-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
cardiffred's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Real Name: Gareth Davies





Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenotaff View Post
To a degree, yes. That said, it could be quite intimidating for any prospective candidate to put their neck out there and not just tow the line.

I don't have the skills required, the know-how to be on a board but I don't think that discredits me from calling out things that don't seem right. If I did have skills that I feel could benefit the club, I'd be extremely wary of putting myself out there.

I get the argument that to seriously influence some change, you may have to put yourself forward but you then need more like minded individuals to do the same who are prepared to be scrutinised maybe to a level that isn't really warranted.

When that Wayne guy from Radio Wales ruffled a few feathers, sure enough, the odd customer review from the business he was involved in is posted up on here.

If people start delving into the lives of board members then it suddenly becomes bullying and personal.

Anybody standing that isn't just a yes man/woman, you have my utmost respect and probably my vote, although whether it's needed is another matter.
Yes. That wasn't a dig at anyone who decided not to stand as a result of that. If I lived nearer, I'd think about it but totally get why people thought it not worth it.

But you are right. it needs a group of people willing to do that or nothing will change. We were told there would be big changes by those who think they're in the know. Reality appears to be very different. To change the focus can not be on individuals trying to get change but, for now, a movement.
Old 1st August 2020, 14.49:41   #39-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

I'm told those behind the EGM movement wanted to sit down with the WST to tdy and find some common ground. I don’t believe the offer of a meeting was every taken up, with a lot of the usual intimidation to go along with it.

Anyhope of those behind the EGM movement as I hoped coming forward and standing for election, clearly went some time ago.

You only have to speak to a former WST board member to find out what the intimidation is like, he's pretty open and honest about it.

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 1st August 2020 at 14.51:01..
Old 1st August 2020, 14.52:21   #40-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Steve Gilbert





Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
I'm told those behind the EGM movement wanted to sit down with the WST to tdy and find some common ground. I don’t believe the offer of a meeting was every taken up, with a lot of the usual intimidation to go along with it.

Anyhope of those behind the EGM movement as I hoped coming forward and standing for election, clearly went some time ago.

You only have to speak to a former WST board member to find out what the intimidation is like, he's pretty open and honest about it.
Hasn't Pete said in his Chairman's report in the WST Accounts that the EGM group wouldn't meet with them?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.15:47.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12