Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st August 2020, 10.24:42   #19-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Let the truth come out... all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff49 View Post
Evidence is Crucial. Much that I have read on here has been hearsay and at times innuendo. As they say
Publish and be damned . You might then convince me .
What about the loans?
Old 1st August 2020, 10.42:53   #20-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

I have to agree with the reply by Quay Red he is not saying it didn't happen but without actual proof nobody would touch it with a bargepole it could lead to prosecution.

If it had happened to me and I knew who it was I would make damn sure I have evidence and prosecute that person.

Failing that a baseball batting. Before someone jumps on this I am joking violence is never the answer and baseball bats aren't cheap.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 1st August 2020, 10.44:50   #21-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I have to agree with the reply by Quay Red he is not saying it didn't happen but without actual proof nobody would touch it with a bargepole it could lead to prosecution.

If it had happened to me and I knew who it was I would make damn sure I have evidence and prosecute that person.

Failing that a baseball batting. Before someone jumps on this I am joking violence is never the answer and baseball bats aren't cheap.
Posted via mobile theme
Home run badly!
Old 1st August 2020, 10.49:51   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisy1 View Post
Would any employer really take it seriously?

I mean a football club as large as Wrexham go crying to whichever company / business about he's said / she's said.

Its just pathetic!
You know, I think some would... Its chain of events... If a complaint is made, it only takes someone to make allegations of slanderous of libel nature and failing to act on that sends a message that you condone it. Corporate workplaces (given that those environments represent most of my work history) definitely get over zealous on this stuff.

If nothing else, it's an awkward situation and embarrassing for the person on the receiving end for kind of the reasons you mention... Its a bit of a childish subject having to punish someone for arguing on the Internet
Old 1st August 2020, 10.54:09   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Quay Red specifically says he believes it’s happened, so not sure why you think he’s saying people are lying. I 100% believe it happened; however I don’t think Four Four Two or anyone similar will go near it without evidence because there’s too much of a risk legally. Agree it would be great to see the full story come out and if people are able to share evidence it would be fantastic.
Saying things like "appear" to have contacted employers and using words such as "hearsay"...

Employers have been contacted and, if evidence is out there, it needs to be shown and everyone needs to see it.
Old 1st August 2020, 12.03:57   #24-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
Saying things like "appear" to have contacted employers and using words such as "hearsay"...

Employers have been contacted and, if evidence is out there, it needs to be shown and everyone needs to see it.
Hearsay means something that can't be substantiated. To someone who doesn't know the people involved, then without evidence, there's no way of substantiating the claims.

Now, to ME, as someone who's been following stuff for years, it's fairly obvious that Bagger, for example, is significantly more trustworthy than the current WST board, because Bagger has been posting here for years and has been consistent, has to my knowledge never lied or said anything that's not true, while the board can't say that - with the claims about the loans being one occasion where it's clear they were lying on at least one occasion.

There is evidence that the Trust board have been, at the very least, deliberately confusing about the loans.

https://wst.org.uk/wp/?p=1353 says

Quote:
Following the brief publication of unredacted minutes from the Trust Board meeting of 20th May 2020, the Society Board of Wrexham Supporters Trust would like to clarify that Don Bircham is not being investigated into anything to do with Football Club matters, including the breach of the Board Members Policy.

We apologise to Don for his name being mentioned in this section, which caused this impression. Peter Jones, Chairman of the WST, has also called Don to offer his apologies in person.

Further to this, and following the investigation into the club accounts in regards to the three loans made, the Society Board are satisfied that the interest-free loans made by Don to the Football Club, were made with other Directors’ knowledge and in the best interest of the Football Club at the time.
https://wst.org.uk/wp/?p=1251 says

Quote:
Directors Loans
Following on from last week’s communication. We have been made aware of a further Directors loan made by former Chief Executive Don Bircham. This was made by Mr Bircham as the result of a cash flow issue in May 2015. This related to a late payment to the club that season.

Mr Bircham paid the money into our account at the beginning of May and was paid back before the end of the month. The two transactions cancelled each other out and were not picked up at the time. Of course we are grateful to Mr Bircham for taking the action he felt was necessary at that time and we value his contribution to the club, not least as a long-term sponsor.

However, it is important to note that Club Board is now bound by the Governing Board and Operational Board Policy and this prevents the Club Board, or individual directors, from making individual financial decisions of this nature. The interests of members are protected by the following two clauses.

6.4 If any lending is required by the Operational Board, this must be agreed by the Trust Board.

and

6.6 Should the Trust Board be asked to authorise any spend of over one percent of the annual budgeted turnover, it should be presented with a written business case, and consideration given to sharing with the membership.
The "were not picked up on at the time" strongly suggests the rest of the Trust board were unaware of the loans, which is obviously not the case - as they admitted in the post further up, the people who were Directors of the club were, at the very least.

If there is similar evidence to prove that someone at the club contacted employers, I think Four Four Two, Two Hundred Percent and others would absolutely be interested. But without that evidence, I don't think the major magazines/newspapers/sites will go near that claim.
Old 1st August 2020, 12.08:49   #25-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Hearsay means something that can't be substantiated. To someone who doesn't know the people involved, then without evidence, there's no way of substantiating the claims.

Now, to ME, as someone who's been following stuff for years, it's fairly obvious that Bagger, for example, is significantly more trustworthy than the current WST board, because Bagger has been posting here for years and has been consistent, has to my knowledge never lied or said anything that's not true, while the board can't say that - with the claims about the loans being one occasion where it's clear they were lying on at least one occasion.

There is evidence that the Trust board have been, at the very least, deliberately confusing about the loans.

https://wst.org.uk/wp/?p=1353 says

https://wst.org.uk/wp/?p=1251 says

The "were not picked up on at the time" strongly suggests the rest of the Trust board were unaware of the loans, which is obviously not the case - as they admitted in the post further up, the people who were Directors of the club were, at the very least.

If there is similar evidence to prove that someone at the club contacted employers, I think Four Four Two, Two Hundred Percent and others would absolutely be interested. But without that evidence, I don't think the major magazines/newspapers/sites will go near that claim.
Thanks for the compliment Jaded. Much appreciated.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but doesn’t the WST constitution says that any loans over £25k need to be approved by the members?

Probably why the Trust board weren’t told and they were kept quiet as i think these loans may have breached the Trust constitution.
Old 1st August 2020, 12.13:03   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

I'm not advocating publishing anything with hard evidence, so I apologise if I didn't make that clear and people have misunderstood.

The evidence is crucial and I really hope it's available, because it may be the way that those in charge may finally show some accountability and do the decent thing...
Old 1st August 2020, 12.16:27   #27-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger Vance View Post
Thanks for the compliment Jaded. Much appreciated.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but doesn’t the WST constitution says that any loans over £25k need to be approved by the members?

Probably why the Trust board weren’t told and they were kept quiet as i think these loans may have breached the Trust constitution.
The Trust Constitution might as well be written on the back of a fag packet considering how often it gets breached.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.16:06.