Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st August 2020, 20.42:34   #111-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: EGM Live Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
The problem is, if the covenants aren't lifted, we appear screwed. To me, not having a plan B is shocking.
Whats the deal with the industrial estate for building down there? Would that not be easier, cheaper and less hassle with covenants or are we placing all our eggs in one basket with the peppercorn rent on offer at the groves.
Old 1st August 2020, 20.44:33   #112-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Whats the deal with the industrial estate for building down there? Would that not be easier, cheaper and less hassle with covenants or are we placing all our eggs in one basket with the peppercorn rent on offer at the groves.
Interesting points Mr Notts I donít recall it mentioned, but other options were considered more costly, or not available, maybe no suitable land for sale or lease there ?
Old 1st August 2020, 20.45:22   #113-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamrob View Post
Iíd suggest that available sites in Wrexham were not available or more expensive. The site at Groves is available pending the covenants at peppercorn rent. And itís central and accessible.
In my humble opinion the board have done a lot of work on this and to be commended. I hope itís been voted through. If there are viable alternatives then where are they. A very professional presentation and discussion, particularly Spencer explaining the whole project. If people have constructive comments then Iím sure the board would welcome them. After all we are all wanting the same thing, a successful Wrexham FC as we are supporters. Of course this is my opinion and I respect that others may have a different view, have a great rest of the day .
Hi rob,

If the Groves is the best option when compared with other viable alternatives then letís press ahead with it. Spencer spoke well on his presentation but failed to include any concrete comparison with any other available option. Have we even looked beyond developing the Groves? There was little to suggest we have.

The covenant is going to take time to remove (if it can be), planning will take time and construction will take time. Iíd estimate weíre 3 years away from training at the groves. Thatís 3 more years without basic facilities for our professional footballers to use whilst at training. Getting changed at the ground etc just isnít good enough - itís not 1970. Thereís even talk weíll move to the groves without the very basic facilities everyone in their workplace should have access to.

Thanks

Percy
Old 1st August 2020, 21.03:41   #114-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Iíd suggest that available sites in Wrexham were not available or more expensive. The site at Groves is available pending the covenants at peppercorn rent. And itís central and accessible.
In my humble opinion the board have done a lot of work on this and to be commended. I hope itís been voted through. If there are viable alternatives then where are they. A very professional presentation and discussion, particularly Spencer explaining the whole project. If people have constructive comments then Iím sure the board would welcome them. After all we are all wanting the same thing, a successful Wrexham FC as we are supporters. Of course this is my opinion and I respect that others may have a different view, have a great rest of the day .
That's just it though. We don't know whether the alternatives are viable or not because there wasn't any detail on them, and to be honest on the Groves site proposal to satisfy a positive vote IMO.
A full report showing ,say ,three or four options, costings, legal issues etc which comes out showing the Groves truly is the best option would go a long way to reassuring many fans.

But I don't recall seeing that. Happy to be corrected if it was there.

Oh and I saw you posted your above quote on the Wrexham fans United Facebook page with the accompanying text wondering how long it would take someone on RP to call you delusional or words to that effect.

Not very 'United' behaviour is it. That will do nothing but create more divide between posters on there and posters on here. We need to be working together regardless of our ultimate views.

IMO RP has a wide mix of posters who, despite questioning a lot of what the board do or have done, are passionate about the best for the club even if it ruffles feathers. It's not always negativity as it provokes debate and allows people to make their own judgement.

The quashing of anything negative on that Facebook group is actually just as bad as what people perceive is on RP, stifling debate is not the way to go. Yes, you get idiot posters but you do everywhere. If it's personal then warnings and bans are expected.
Old 1st August 2020, 21.05:45   #115-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
The board have done a lot of work? Sound like council said we need 9 acre back but you can have the pain in our a$$ groves site to redevelop at your cost.
Old 1st August 2020, 21.35:09   #116-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
One step at a time mr Jaded , Groves .

What is your plan B ? Iím not sure what mine is ? But Iíd guess others may have spent some time on it . Only a guess
My plan B would have been to spend time finding at least 3 sites (including the Groves) which could be used. Your 'guess' may be true - I was going on Pete Jones's quote "If you get offered land for a peppercorn, why look at other sites that will cost you money?"

Your guess may be right and, for whatever reason, Pete may be misleading people with his post there.
Old 1st August 2020, 21.42:11   #117-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Rob, why would you suggest that other sites were not available or more expensive? Are you party to the boards investigation into other sites?
So you not thing the research they did into other sites should have been presented to members so we could compare it to the Groves and make an informed opinion?
Old 1st August 2020, 21.45:11   #118-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Rob, why would you suggest that other sites were not available or more expensive? Are you party to the boards investigation into other sites?
So you not thing the research they did into other sites should have been presented to members so we could compare it to the Groves and make an informed opinion?
To be fair... The research, by Spencers admission today mostly involved a bit of googling
Old 1st August 2020, 21.53:55   #119-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Wrexhamrob is overly simplistic when he says ďall Wrexham fans want the same thing, a successful Wrexham FCĒ. On the face of it, we do. But where we clearly disagree is how we get to this ďpromised landĒ.
Rob feels that Spencerís way is successful and appropriate. Any mistakes that Spencer and his gang has made should be overlooked because we donít pay him.
I feel that the majority of fans are sick of this regime and want a more professional outfit here.
It is a plain to see that Wrexham fans are split into two camps - how else can we explain why Chester fans raised 12 times more than we did in their modern day ďbuild the budgetĒ recently. Folks are saying that enough is enough.
I always knew that fans ownership at Wrexham would run its course, and it has. Over 90% of other clubs in our world are non fans owned. We cannot raise sufficient funds to compete with the Salfordís, Stockport, Forest Greens & Co, just by milking the same, relatively small band, of home supporters. To conclude, yes we are all Wrexham fans, but our differences are massive and not likely to disappear anytime soon (despite the formation of a Facebook group).
Old 1st August 2020, 21.55:00   #120-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
To be fair... The research, by Spencers admission today mostly involved a bit of googling
As I recall they investigated sites for sale on the internet only. Visited none.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.47:43.