Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th August 2020, 07.36:07   #82-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST resolutions - where's Jack?

They had to request cheque books and they have only just arrived???? This is just another stalling of making payments out to those that rightfully requested a refund. Surely you have a contingency plan for all eventualities, we are going to offer refunds, we will send people cheques..............anyone check the cheque books. This level of buffoonery is now becoming the norm at this club.
Old 9th August 2020, 08.40:40   #83-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: on a seat

So there it is then if you voice your opinion or you put your head above the parapet like what North walian dragon has done. You get the works ie intimidation. Trying to sabotage your business abuse etc. All because you knobs that can t see where these clowns are taking the club and you know who you are. Will follow them as long as you can get to the car rad to watch shite and accept it does not matter what division were in. This club is doomed to go out of existence I will now retreat and watch it die. watch what the clowns do next and read utter bullshit from the likes of Spencer ill build a new stand Harris. There ll be nobody to sit in rip wxm fc
Old 9th August 2020, 09.15:52   #84-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:

Since the managerial merry go round and lies and deceit surrounding it, I cancelled my WST membership so have no right to vote. My protest is solely financial as I see it a way of suffocating the board and WST into submission and allowing them to accept the massive haemorrhaging of fans support and moreover, their mistakes and accountability too.
Old 9th August 2020, 09.22:32   #85-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pmsaturday View Post
One of those linguistic tell tales you get taught on fairly tragic business seminars is that if somebody says “to be honest” it usually means they’ve been dishonest. I mention this not as an accusation but when telling the truth best not to use that choice of language as cynics may get the wrong impression.

As for putting your head above the parapet, I tend to think it’s better to have an opinion on the club than not at all. I’d rather see somebody with an opinion that I don’t agree with than apathy. That’s when we will be screwed when apathy reigns so thank you for stimulating debate.

You couldn’t stand for election or attend the zoom, we all have our pressures in life. The trust volunteers willingly commit to graft for the club, they are well and truly above the parapet, their hearts are with the club too.
I appreciate your comments. We don't agree on a lot of things but I certainly agree with you about how apathy is dangerous

I know you didn't agree with the Demand Change open letter and I'll admit its not the right way to go about things. However, I had no confidence that doing things the "right" way would even make minimal change. I had hoped the open letter to the WST would have at least prompted more engagement in the elections but that wasn't the case

The same with the Q&A, I thought it was a great idea to air our dirty laundry, wipe the slate clean and move forward but we continue to linger on the same issues over and over again that simply wont be addressed. We still have no explanation about the false board minutes. Apathy rules because there is seemingly no accountability or explanations of our issues.

When the WST wrote an open letter to fans calling for renewed support I saw it as a willingness to address our issues but since then our issues have piled up even further

I really do hope they're addressed and some leeway is given to disgruntled supporters
Old 9th August 2020, 13.33:56   #86-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
The trust and fans like yourself want their cake, and to eat it too. And you're getting it too...

You'll tell us over and over again to use the democratic process and conveniently overlook everything which is wrong about it.

I'm not saying for a minute that I believe that it's acceptable that people hurl personal abuse at anyone who volunteers for the club but it angers me deeply that people seem so unwilling to acknowledge the fact that it's not a one way street. The trust and its biggest supporters wrote the book on shady tactics and smear campaigns and don't like it when anyone speaks up.

Let's give a really easy to understand example

Pete Jones, WST Chair at time of writing said (and I accurately paraphrase here) that you're not a real fan if you don't vote for the training ground... That's not speculation, not conjecture... Absolute fact.

Asked the question on the SGM as to whether other this was a view shared by other club officials this was brushed aside as Spencer not wanting to get involved in "negativity"

Well, on that occasion it was Pete who started the negativity, the rest of us just wanted to know whether or not we were still accepted by the club, whether our collective grievance was acknowledged and understood. Spencers response told me that as a fan, I am not a valued fan or customer and that he absolutely agreed with Pete... All because I used that democratic process to vote against something that I did not agree with based on the level of clarity provided. Furthermore I figure the SGM may not have been the best forum for that to be addressed, but every club and trust representative has had ample opportunity to tackle those comments head on since...but nothing.

So next time you utter those words democratic process... Think about it for a second.

I'm almost certain I have reached the point where I'll be cancelling my trust membership now. I'll go as far as to say I may not even cross those turnstiles again until something is done to address the culture of antagonism and spite.
Just to highlight the last paragraph by Luke here.
I’m sure everyone who has read his posts will, like me be impressed by how articulate he is and how well he can summarise and assess the clubs current and future situations.
The WST should be seeking out people of this Calibre to help them,
Not alienate people to the point they consider resigning their memberships and stop attending games.

Likewise Jack who with his resolutions and other actions has clearly demonstrated he is a man who wants to get things done And improve what’s there. He may have different opinions to the current board but ranges of views and opinions is exactly what we need to end the “group think” cycle. I’m fully aware he has stated he didn’t stand for the board due to personal reasons but with 2 co-opt positions available I’d think the board are short sighted if they don’t at least have a conversation with him.
This is just two examples of good people with honest intentions that need to be embraced not run out of town. I know of other life time fans who have served on fans group committees that have resigned membership of the WST over their issues not being addressed.
Old 9th August 2020, 14.18:35   #87-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexham forever View Post
Can't believe the individual who continually attacks the board on here and facebook, and who put in numerous resolutions to the AGM didn't take the opportunity to back up his thoughts.

Another keyboard warrior!!
Your reaction to Jack says it all you Muppet.
It's very clear to me that anyone who wants these club killing ego maniacs out will be targeted by the cult following. I've had it myself.

Stop killing the club I love you cestrian.

Last edited by dixienormous; 9th August 2020 at 14.22:51..
Old 9th August 2020, 14.25:04   #88-0 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Jackoisback View Post
I find this post highly offensive
Who cares?
Old 9th August 2020, 14.37:15   #89-0 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
There is a saying which talks of putting your head above the parapet. What occurs to me after today is that all of those who were pushing for change were only prepared to keep those heads below it.
How difficult is it to understand? We are football fans and we want a decent football team to support. Clearly only a few Muppets want to be involved with the backslapping political bullshit that's achieved absolutely nothing for eight years.

These idiots deserve all the shit they get because they've taken the football club backwards but it doesn't mean the people giving the shit want to be committee loving numbnutts, they just want them out of the club. There are so many other committee's they could waste their own time with for god sake.

Please god let us have our football club back.

Last edited by dixienormous; 9th August 2020 at 14.38:27..
Old 9th August 2020, 14.44:14   #90-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
If only we had 1.8 million from the Danny Ward deal.

Total incompetence
everytime i see that name Danny Ward,its like my handbrakes gone, Ward rage, wheres Ronnie Pickering

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.11:52.